Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rackers Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Rackers Released Reply with quote

kinda surprised this early --
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1312441-source-redskins-rackers-cut-gano-still-pk
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guy but I like Gano better. Youth movement! Who else has been cut?

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

This all i've seen ,,deadline is 4 p m . PK Cundiff from the Ravens was cut also .
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Yeah for Youth Movement! We have really gotten younger across the board. Terrific job rebuilding so far.

Next up: Jamaal Brown, Brandon Banks, Cedric Griffin, Terrence Austin (please?)
But it is going to be fun watching them get down to 75 then 53 in a week-- man, it's going to happen FAST!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Yeah for Youth Movement! We have really gotten younger across the board. Terrific job rebuilding so far.

But it is going to be fun watching them get down to 75 then 53 in a week-- man, it's going to happen FAST!

AND,,two of my favs--Cooley and Moss , time to go. They just both cost too much for what you get and they are replaceable -- also, they are part of the "losing" culture that's been here for several years..
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mildily surprised. I didn't think Gano had done anything so far to separate himself from Rackers. I guess the FO office feels its better to give Gano the confidence that he's our guy and doesn't have to look over his shoulder. Props to Gano. This is the second offseason in a row where the skins brought in an established vet and he beat them out.

mike23md on the sig!
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
DCRED wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

AND,,two of my favs--Cooley and Moss , time to go. They just both cost too much for what you get and they are replaceable -- also, they are part of the "losing" culture that's been here for several years..

Sad but true,good point.

mike23md on the sig
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Mildily surprised. I didn't think Gano had done anything so far to separate himself from Rackers. I guess the FO office feels its better to give Gano the confidence that he's our guy and doesn't have to look over his shoulder. Props to Gano. This is the second offseason in a row where the skins brought in an established vet and he beat them out.

I agree ! I remember reading one day in a "kick-off" w/ Rackers ..Gano missed like 5 kicks ! I know when he lines up-- my confidence that he'll make it, and I mean from makeable distances,, is not all that high. If he should falter early--I'm sure they have Rackers on speed dial..
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown had hip surgery. Hes gonna be cut IMO.
Quote:
Injured tackle Jammal Brown had surgery to repair his problematic right hip last Thursday, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Brown was projected to start at right tackle but reinjured the hip —the same that required surgery to repair a torn labrum in 2009 and has hobbled him the last two seasons —while running sprints on the eve of training camp.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-tackle-jammal-brown-undergoes-hip-surgery/2012/08/27/546a8bba-f04a-11e1-adc6-87dfa8eff430_blog.html?wprss=rss_football-insider

mike23md on the sig
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Brown had hip surgery. Hes gonna be cut IMO.
Quote:
Injured tackle Jammal Brown had surgery to repair his problematic right hip last Thursday, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Brown was projected to start at right tackle but reinjured the hip —the same that required surgery to repair a torn labrum in 2009 and has hobbled him the last two seasons —while running sprints on the eve of training camp.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-tackle-jammal-brown-undergoes-hip-surgery/2012/08/27/546a8bba-f04a-11e1-adc6-87dfa8eff430_blog.html?wprss=rss_football-insider

i'm no salary cap expert but I think we take a big hit now if we cut him--I think he stays on the pup-- we activate him or he goes on I R ..
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, maybe Rackers cracked under the pressure -- missed from 30 and 37 ..
http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Gano-Excited-to-have-the-opportunity?blockID=763609&feedID=6458

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: