Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the 53 + Updated Roster Cuts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Predict the 53 + Updated Roster Cuts Reply with quote

With only 1 more preseason game to go and the first cuts being released to the public, I thought now would be a good time to start these predictions.

Try to not only predict the final 53, but also the depth order in which they appear.

QB: Matt Flynn // Russell Wilson
RB: Marshawn Lynch // Robert Turbin // Leon Washington // Kregg Lumpkin
FB: Michael Robinson
WR: Sidney Rice // Braylon Edwards // Doug Baldwin // Golden Tate // Ben Obomanu // Deon Butler
TE: Zach Miller // Kellen Winslow // Anthony McCoy
OT: Russell Okung // Breno Giacomini // Frank Omiyale
OG: Pat McQuistin // John Moffitt // JR Sweezy // James Carpenter
OC: Max Unger // Lemuel Jeanpierre

DE: Chris Clemons // Red Bryant // Bruce Irvin // Greg Scruggs // Cordarro Law
DT: Brandon Mebane // Jason Jones // Alan Branch // Clinton McDonald
LB: KJ Wright // Bobby Wagner // Leroy Hill // Heath Farwell // Korey Toomer // Malcolm Smith
S: Earl Thomas // Kam Chancellor // Jeron Johnson // Winston Guy
CB: Richard Sherman // Brandon Browner // Marcus Trufant // Walter Thurmond // Jeremy Lane // Phillip Adams

K: Steven Hauschka
P: Jon Ryan
LS: Clint Gresham

Practice Squad
OG Rishaw Johnson
WR Ricardo Lockette
QB Josh Portis
DT Jaye Howard

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notable cuts were Chris Maragos, Byron Maxwell, Matt McCoy, and Mike Morgan.

I'd also put TE Sean McGrath and Lavasier Tunei on the PS.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to wait till after the last pre-season game, but someone got a little over-zealous.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Predict the 53 Reply with quote

WR: Sidney Rice // Braylon Edwards // Doug Baldwin // Golden Tate // Ben Obomanu // Deon Butler

DT: Brandon Mebane // Jason Jones // Alan Branch // Clinton McDonald // Jaye Howard
LB: KJ Wright // Bobby Wagner // Leroy Hill // Heath Farwell // Malcolm Smith // Mike Morgan
S: Earl Thomas // Kam Chancellor // Jeron Johnson // Chris Maragos
CB: Richard Sherman // Brandon Browner // Marcus Trufant // Walter Thurmond // Jeremy Lane // Byron Maxwell

Practice Squad
OG Rishaw Johnson
WR Ricardo Lockette
QB Josh Portis
LB Korey Toomer
S Winston Guy

It wouldn't surprise me if Jaye Howard was flipped with an OL player or if Byron Maxwell was replaced with Phillip Adams.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be interesting to see how WR, DT, LB, and CB. I can't think of an explanation for us sitting Lockette other than planning on stashing him on the practice squad. I'm obviously low on Howard, but it's probably more likely than not that he makes the team. I think Malcolm Smith, Mike Morgan, and Korey Toomer will make for an interesting decision. Same with Adams and Maxwell.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like keeping Guy on the PS.

"We all we got, we all we need"
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
I like keeping Guy and Howard on the PS.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Should be interesting to see how WR, DT, LB, and CB. I can't think of an explanation for us sitting Lockette other than planning on stashing him on the practice squad. I'm obviously low on Howard, but it's probably more likely than not that he makes the team. I think Malcolm Smith, Mike Morgan, and Korey Toomer will make for an interesting decision. Same with Adams and Maxwell.
I like some of the skillset that Guy brings, especially as a blitzer, but I think Maragos might have played his way onto this team. He's a fantastic special teamer, he looks pretty good play in the deep zone, and just seems very hungry out there on the field.

I agree about the LB's, I don't think any of them have truly separated themselves. Malcolm Smith's coverage abilities are unique though so I expect it to be a fight between Toomer and Morgan for the other spot.

I agree on Lockette. That's my assumption as well.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
I like some of the skillset that Guy brings, especially as a blitzer, but I think Maragos might have played his way onto this team. He's a fantastic special teamer, he looks pretty good play in the deep zone, and just seems very hungry out there on the field.

I agree about the LB's, I don't think any of them have truly separated themselves. Malcolm Smith's coverage abilities are unique though so I expect it to be a fight between Toomer and Morgan for the other spot.

I can't see Toomer being cut, I defenitly noticed him a couple times thru the pre season and I believe hes a very good specials teams player if im not mistaken. Morgan has looked decent, but I think Toomer sticks.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Smith gets injured one more time, I could see him being cut (or at least put on the PS). I think Morgan has played himself into a backup role. Toomer can be a mostly ST player until he picks up the game.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I can't see Toomer being cut, I defenitly noticed him a couple times thru the pre season and I believe hes a very good specials teams player if im not mistaken. Morgan has looked decent, but I think Toomer sticks.
Morgan looked better last game than Toomer has this whole season imo

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Predict the 53 Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
With only 1 more preseason game to go and the first cuts being released to the public, I thought now would be a good time to start these predictions.

Try to not only predict the final 53, but also the depth order in which they appear.

DT: Brandon Mebane // Jason Jones // Alan Branch // Clinton McDonald
LB: KJ Wright // Bobby Wagner // Leroy Hill // Heath Farwell // Korey Toomer // Malcolm Smith
S: Earl Thomas // Kam Chancellor // Jeron Johnson // Winston Guy
CB: Richard Sherman // Brandon Browner // Marcus Trufant // Walter Thurmond // Jeremy Lane // Phillip Adams

Practice Squad
OG Rishaw Johnson
WR Ricardo Lockette
QB Josh Portis
DT Jaye Howard

Swap out Malcolm Smith for Mike Morgan, and this looks about right.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you all see Golden Tate fitting in? How much playing time will he get? Was a huge fan when he came out of college and I'd like to see him explode this season.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
Where do you all see Golden Tate fitting in? How much playing time will he get? Was a huge fan when he came out of college and I'd like to see him explode this season.
If Braylon and TO had both looked bad, I believe he had the inside edge for the #2 spot. However, Braylon looks like he's going to lock that up, and Baldwin owns the slot. Tate will be our #4, but I expect he'll make it on to the field a decent amount in 2 and 3 WR sets as well.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:

I'd say he's still in competition with Braylon for the #2 spot. He's received a lion's share of the reps at that spot so it's clear that the coaching staff wants him to take that spot. In the end, I imagine it's Braylon's job with the way he has performed, but Golden is still set to make a major impact on this team. I don't think we roll out a traditional 1/2 like most teams, but rather rotate guys in with different skillsets for different situations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: