Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3: The Jeff Otah Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Lynn. i think he should make the practice squad. He makes some big hits.
Jetcane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
wayne hunter is god awful

Yeh that dude really is. I would cut him and just claim someone, anyone else. I feel for the Jets, Sanchez doesn't look good and neither does Tebow. Just wondering, but do you guys plan to score a TD this preseason? Laughing

I guess you didn't watch the game. Sanchez looked real good.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
lol Tebow is Horrible

He really is, I think Sanchez looks like garbage too, thats tragic.

Sanchez made some terrific throws tonight and had 4 drops

Sanchez is fine now Tebow is the complete opposite of Peyton Manning

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packer70 wrote:
Haven't seen much of McKnight tonight other than kick returns...does Powell have the #2 spot locked up?
Seems like it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before, Sanchez did great IMO. He didn't turn over the ball, Hill tip that int to the defender. He spread it around so the defense couldnt adjust. He did everything I wanted him to do. He just didn't get much help

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Tony7188

Am I the only one who thinks that Wayne Hunter's pathetic play even after being demoted killed Tebow's momentum after his big run?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.

Last edited by Tony7188 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
RDawg10

Howard was awesome tonight. Sanchez was flawless as well. If anyone bashes Sanchez they are blind.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Howard was awesome tonight. Sanchez was flawless as well. If anyone bashes Sanchez they are blind.
Wouldn't say flawless, but was good. Some bad luck for him today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:

I think Sanchez played pretty good, up until they got in the redzone. I didn't think you guys would miss Plaxico, but why didn't the Jets go after Braylon again?

ware94 wrote:
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, I'm a Tebow supporter but dang

some of these throws is UNbelievably bad

ware94 wrote:
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
why didn't the Jets go after Braylon again?
I wonder the same exact thing all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well get prepared for the random thought venting topics that will be posted on here about our offense. Confused

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to watch all of it, but that was still much, much better. We've got to find a way to finish in the red zone though. Granted, no Keller for much of the game.

Moving in the right direction though. This offense just can't LOSE the game. All it has to do is give us a solid 17-23 points and avoid turnovers and we'll be eligible to win every game.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives:
1. Defense was great, Coples looks poised to be good ... getting better every week.
2. Ellis looks great.
3. Howard did pretty well.
4. Sanchez looked sharped, plagued by some bad luck.

Negatives
1. OL didn't do a good job with the run blocking. Could be a problem.
2. Offense overall is just blah.
3. Wilson needs to tighten things up, hasn't really looked that good in the preseason.
4. Injuries.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

I think Sanchez played pretty good, up until they got in the redzone. I didn't think you guys would miss Plaxico, but why didn't the Jets go after Braylon again?

Sanchez tonight made every throw he could. He stepped up and rushed when he needed too. Frankly he would have had a first down at the carolina 40 yard line if Holmes would have caught that pass. Then if Hill would have caught the pass that lead to the interception. Then also im sure most people didnt see it that well because nbc didnt show much of it but that throw to Hill in the endzone went legit RIGHT THROUGH his hands. Sanchez would have been 14-15 tonight with a TD if all were perfect. So in my mind he played flawless.

Blame strictly goes on Hill and Holmes. Couple mistakes. We missed Keller who is clearly a huge part of the offense. Our offensive line looked good tonight. Howard was the bright spot. Quite frankly it seemed like his confidence kept getting better. Running backs were okay. Greene does have potential when we run power I. But he cannot be our check down guy on the pass because quite frankly he cant make a guy miss. Thats why we miss LT. I wish Mcknight would see more playing time there. Anyways Tebow looked pretty bad but then again hes playing with our 2nd and 3rd stringers.

As far as the defense goes i thought we played real good. BThomas i think was the only weak spot looking tonight. If you watch you can tell he knows the system but hes very slow and doesnt have enough strength anymore to penetrate tackles. Hes solid against the run but we lack the pass rusher on that side that would be deadly. All in all our secondary looked great. Revis played like Revis. Cromartie made some good hits with 2 FF and a PD on that third down. Wilson i think like Ricky T said lacks the big play ability but he definetly gets picked on because hes in the slot and hes got two big time corners on his sides. If i were the jets id give him alittle more safety help and allow Cro and Revis to shut down the sidelines. Bush stepped up tonight though filling in for Bell. I was happy with his play. Played the system well and didnt make any mistakes and had a few nice tackles. Landry.... BEAST the guy makes our team oh so much better. Whether its inside or outside, his strenghth and closing speed has been awesome. Stay healthy man please. Scott looked stout against the run and I hope Harris is fine. Coples seems to impress every week. Today its suprising but he got a whole lot of playing time and took advantage. Maybin aghh twice he had chances to make big plays but he tends to dive instead of following through on his tackles. Kenrick.... oh man Kenrick did a very very good job. A Pouha, Ellis DT combo would look good. Nick Folk won the comp.

All in all we didnt score a touchdown but thats not a big deal to me. We didnt show to to much as we only played a total of 4 formations, which may seem small but thats because we run different sets in those formations. We showed one big double cross blitz with ILBs and DTs and it worked to perfection. I expect to see more of that.

Good performance tonight we should all feel better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: