Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week Three: Jaguars @ Ravens (THU 8/23 730p)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20273
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anger had a "down game" but he still averaged 46.1 yards per punt and landed 2 inside the 20.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80589
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what did robinson do or not do that was so bad?
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21118
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
what did robinson do or not do that was so bad?

He dropped at least 1 catchable pass, and didn't do much else.
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80589
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
what did robinson do or not do that was so bad?

He dropped at least 1 catchable pass, and didn't do much else.


His biggest concern is suppose to be his health, not his play on the field Mad
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4430
Location: floride
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
what did robinson do or not do that was so bad?

He dropped at least 1 catchable pass, and didn't do much else.


His biggest concern is suppose to be his health, not his play on the field Mad
Well he did start most of Sam Bradford's rookie season for the Rams and he produced close to how Reggie Williams produced in his rookie season for the Jags(lol).
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6556
Location: 904
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson being pretty invisible/dropping balls is fairly concerning. I had hoped he wasn't just a Tony Romo production, and it's still yet to be seen, but he needs to really step it up when the real games roll around. Gabbert also has to step up and work on his long ball accuracy because that's what Robinson should be opening up for us. Maybe once the rest of the NFL realizes they better double Blackmon, Robinson will have more success on the opposite side.
_________________
[quote="StevePerry"] Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80589
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Robinson being pretty invisible/dropping balls is fairly concerning. I had hoped he wasn't just a Tony Romo production, and it's still yet to be seen, but he needs to really step it up when the real games roll around. Gabbert also has to step up and work on his long ball accuracy because that's what Robinson should be opening up for us. Maybe once the rest of the NFL realizes they better double Blackmon, Robinson will have more success on the opposite side.


I dont care who is throwing him the ball though, if its hitting him in the hands he has to catch it
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 2905
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
Robinson needs to kick it in high gear


Really, he just needs to kick it into any gear. Seems to just be cruisin' in neutral at the moment. Not looking good at all. Invisible most of the time, outside of balls he should have but hasn't.


Our linebacking group doesn't look very good at all right now. Granted, it's largely injuries, but that's definitely not the linebacking corps of an 'elite defense' right now.

The O-line needs health and some real work. This game really highlighted not only the concerns with injuries for us, but as it wore on, i thought it was a pretty blatant example of 'contender depth' vs 'our depth'. Not pretty.

Blackmon looked solid again. Does what he was expected to do. Just catches balls and makes things happen. Hopefully he can keep this up.

Jennings looked solid again. That's good to see. I'm still not really impressed with any of the other backs though. A couple nice runs here and there, but nothing that blew my socks off and nothing that would really make me feel comfortable with a season of only Jennings, with no MJD/other option.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80589
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Robinson needs to kick it in high gear


Really, he just needs to kick it into any gear. Seems to just be cruisin' in neutral at the moment. Not looking good at all. Invisible most of the time, outside of balls he should have but hasn't.


Our linebacking group doesn't look very good at all right now. Granted, it's largely injuries, but that's definitely not the linebacking corps of an 'elite defense' right now.

The O-line needs health and some real work. This game really highlighted not only the concerns with injuries for us, but as it wore on, i thought it was a pretty blatant example of 'contender depth' vs 'our depth'. Not pretty.

Blackmon looked solid again. Does what he was expected to do. Just catches balls and makes things happen. Hopefully he can keep this up.

Jennings looked solid again. That's good to see. I'm still not really impressed with any of the other backs though. A couple nice runs here and there, but nothing that blew my socks off and nothing that would really make me feel comfortable with a season of only Jennings, with no MJD/other option.


Lets hope its just bc its preseason
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6433
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson has been running much more vertical stuff than the other recevers. With the amount of three-step-drops the offense has been using (for a number of reasons), I'm not surprised he hasn't been doing much more than dragging his safety up the field.

On the rare occasion when Blaine has dropped back 5 or 7 steps, you can tell he's been looking deep, most likely at Robinson, but the protection hasn't quite held up to his liking yet.

But Robinson has consistently taken the better of the two cover safeties up the field and has done his part as the deep threat. I'm assuming that's in part due to his talent on the deep stuff as well as Blackmon's propensity to attract the better tackling safety.

Robinson will get his more as the offensive line gets better/healthy and the gameplan can call for more deeper drops that suit his role better.

Three preseason games into a new offense with a banged up offensive line isn't a call for concern.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80589
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think that if he is healthy, he will still be a very good WR for us
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 719
Location: Jacksonville
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's better for Robinson to play in the slot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80589
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what has Anger done? Statsheets mean nothing for punters
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6433
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
So what has Anger done? Statsheets mean nothing for punters


He hasn't looked like a third round pick. His leg is incredible, but he outckicked his coverage a handful of time this preseason and has been a little off on pinning the ball inside the 10.

He's still been very good, but his draft position requires that he be elite in the very near future. I still think he'll be one of the best this season, but he's got some work to do.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyRx


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 461
Location: ...Where my mind is at ease!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
So what has Anger done? Statsheets mean nothing for punters


He hasn't looked like a third round pick. His leg is incredible, but he outckicked his coverage a handful of time this preseason and has been a little off on pinning the ball inside the 10.

He's still been very good, but his draft position requires that he be elite in the very near future. I still think he'll be one of the best this season, but he's got some work to do.


He hasn't had trouble.
The coverage has been spotty, at best.
He lands punts inside the 5.
The coverage guys either bat into the endzone, don't see the ball bounce and winds up in the endzone or they followed the returner who fooled them while the ball bounces at the 2 then into the endzone.
Anger has been real good, but he's been disappointed at his performance. You can tell by his body language as he leaves the field.
_________________
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Him without sin, cast the 1st stone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group