Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Steelers Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is now 100 pennies!

......please respond with your favorite/greatest gif or image. Best one wins

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
Alright so this place is DEAD. Someone needs to put together some forum awards to bring a little more life to the forum with us finishing up the SFFD. Not it! Laughing

Off-seasons are message board killers. And the NFL off-season is way longer than any other of the big sports.

But, maybe we should start a Steelers forum Olympics thread? That should carry us until training camp.

Alright, so I'm gonna go way OT here, but since we are in sort of a lull, and seeing all this Dwight Howard mania, AND the fact that the NBA just had their draft, I've been kinda TRYING to follow the NBA offseason a bit (Suns fan, and they offered a max contract to RFA Eric Gordon)...ANYWAY, my point is, man, the NBA has got some REALLY confusing FA rules and deals. Teams offloading contracts to other teams...literally "paying" other teams to offload their "dead weight", trading cash? really? Luxury tax? No clue how that works. Sign-and-trades are kinda weird, and the fact that a 1st Rd pick in the 20s is about equivalent ot like a 4th Rd pick in the NFL. Totally get the much smaller roster aspect, but just feels inherently wrong that the Suns can sign-and-trade a 38 year old PG for 4 draft picks, and that the Lakers actually make out WAY better in the deal. Nash is good and all, but just a difficult concept to grasp. Basically, the Suns got SOMETHING for Nash, but I liken it to being like trading Peyton Manning for two 4ths and two 6ths. Sure, Manning worth way more than that. But do a straight conversion and make it Manning for two 1sts and two 2nds, and it's completely different value.

So anyway, from what I can gather, what's yalls take on this comparison of NBA draft pick worth to NFL draft pick worth.

NBA = NFL
Lottery pick (1-13) = 1st - mid 2nd
14-25 = mid 2nd - mid 4th
26-40 = mid 4th - late 5th
41-60 = 6th-7th

And what do you think of a "lottery" type system for the NFL. There were some passing discussion of this in the media in the past couple of years. Would a system like this work in the NFL? Is it even necessary?

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inventor of the electric football game passed away at age 87. I use to have two of these games when I was a little kid. One was the Steelers/Rams and the other was the Steelers/Cowboys. I would spend hours frustratingly watch my players constantly go in circles while getting a headache because of the loud and annoying humming noise that the game produced when it was turned on. Good times. Laughing

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...what a shame. And yep, had one as well and yep, hated watching my guys go around in circles as well...lol!!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
The inventor of the electric football game passed away at age 87. I use to have two of these games when I was a little kid. One was the Steelers/Rams and the other was the Steelers/Cowboys. I would spend hours frustratingly watch my players constantly go in circles while getting a headache because of the loud and annoying humming noise that the game produced when it was turned on. Good times. Laughing

You need to post about this in TAST.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching csn dc and Bryant McKinnie didn't show up,to ravens camp and he is dealing with an "issue". They said it wasn't clear that he'd be returning to the team one of his reps said.

The ravens said they are comfortable with Michael Oher at LT.

Hmmm seems like a huge issue to me Shocked

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/nfl-rapidreports/19663859/bryant-mckinnies-tumultuous-offseason-continues

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'm watching csn dc and Bryant McKinnie didn't show up,to ravens camp and he is dealing with an "issue". They said it wasn't clear that he'd be returning to the team one of his reps said.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/nfl-rapidreports/19663859/bryant-mckinnies-tumultuous-offseason-continues

I'm pretty comfortable with Oher at LT for the Ravens too.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'm pretty comfortable with Oher at LT for the Ravens too.
Yeah that's obviously fine on the left side, the problem would be the right side. Maybe their draft pick Osemele or Jah Reid. Still that would be a downgrade in experience and Oher has struggled at LT in the past. Here is the latest:

Quote:
Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Ravens have already fined the absent left tackle $30,000 for failing to report on Wednesday’s check-in day. McKinnie has missed Thursday and Friday’s practices as well, for reasons the Ravens have left vaguely defined as “personal reasons.” If Cole’s report is accurate, those reasons were not compelling enough for the Ravens to excuse McKinnie from work.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/27/report-ravens-have-fined-bryant-mckinnie-for-missing-camp-start/

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCCO... Keep calm... Chive on...

If you don't know about the Chive you need to!!! Wink

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports Illustrated put out a special magazine about the 80 years of Steeler football. It's pretty good and includes the very beginning of the great franchise that we all love.

It's about 128 pages and it includes chapters of all the Steelers Super Bowl victories along with the greatest players that ever wore the black and gold. Those players have about a paragraph to them.

I'm not sure if this against the rules promoting something so I applogize in advance but I thought some would like to know about this really good magazine that is available on newstands. It's sort of pricey but it's really a good read.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone's planning on getting Madden for the 360 when it comes out I'm running a league on here and we've got 15 people so far, the link is in my sig Very Happy

CallMeBarrett wrote:
The Legion of Whom*
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically this IS steelers talk, but i didnt want to put it in its own thread.

How much love is Redman gonna get now that Mendy is coming back>?
(fantasy implications)
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I hate to bother you with this, but is Antonio Brown going to be returning kickoffs and punts this year or is he just going to play WR?

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Hey guys I hate to bother you with this, but is Antonio Brown going to be returning kickoffs and punts this year or is he just going to play WR?

Just WR. Unless all other return options turns out to be inept.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a REAL woman for you:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/08/30/women-football-fan-nfl-ncaa-confessions?hpt=hp_c2

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 96 of 102

Jump to: