Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official OL thread Preseason game 3 vs Bills by 3rivers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: The Official OL thread Preseason game 3 vs Bills by 3rivers Reply with quote

DD injury is not nice but other than that what did you think of the OL mostly the first team plus Adams.

Adams played well, nice block on the TD.

On the 99yrd driver, there was good work up front.
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough is enough.

Props to mike23md!
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread title is longer than your analysis, bro! Laughing

Thanks Lyasr 529
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feck off please

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've talked at length about this. No need for a new thread bro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As ridiculous as your OLine obsession is, it would be more acceptable if you started this thread with an actual thorough breakdown of each OLineman or even the OLine as a unit, as opposed to three short basic snippets my football-retarded mother could make.

Seriously.... don't go away mad. Just go away.

Good lord.
Dook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So those who don't want to talk about Steelers football instead try to insult the guy who starts a topic they don't want to talk about?

If you don't want to talk football then why are you here? Oh right, because this is the free insult place, not the Steelers football place.
Dook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll chat with you 3rivers about Steelers football.

I think an OL of Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Foster, Gilbert can do well. We can get to the super bowl with these guys because we've done it in the past with an OL that was probably worse than them.

But if we lose Starks, oh man, Ben's in trouble. If we lose Gilbert I think they'll move Foster over to RT and play Leg or maybe Lee at RG.

I don't think Beachum should make the roster but they may have to keep him considering the injury to DeCastro.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
So those who don't want to talk about Steelers football instead try to insult the guy who starts a topic they don't want to talk about?

If you don't want to talk football then why are you here? Oh right, because this is the free insult place, not the Steelers football place.

+1
amen
All I did was post a topic and left it open for discussion. The OL looked good in the long drive, the reason that drive happened. They have been criticized for how long, but played well on that drive against a good front.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
I'll chat with you 3rivers about Steelers football.

I think an OL of Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Foster, Gilbert can do well. We can get to the super bowl with these guys because we've done it in the past with an OL that was probably worse than them.

But if we lose Starks, oh man, Ben's in trouble. If we lose Gilbert I think they'll move Foster over to RT and play Leg or maybe Lee at RG.

I don't think Beachum should make the roster but they may have to keep him considering the injury to DeCastro.

Adams played well but it was vs 2nd stringers. Still , once Adams is healthy he will get better all the time. When we had DD the OL was 7 deep, now we just have 1 good backup with Adams. Beechum should be cut asap, but is he another one of these players the coaches like that we don't. It sucks that they can't get players to replace essux. Beechum better not make the team, I mean what if more injuries happen and beechum and essux are out there? I always thought Foster was a good player and he made a nice play with the Red TD. This OL has potential but now no depth at OG Sad
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
All I did was post a topic and left it open for discussion.

You know the real reason people give you a hard time about your constant obsession with the O-Line.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Dook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams is just not ready. He definately should get better with time but I wouldn't put him at LT yet just because it's going to be too tough on Ben. Next year I would try Adams at LT again and see how he does.

I haven't seen enough of OG Lee but at this point I would take him over what I have seen of Beechum.

As for Essex, I just don't see why the team is showing so much loyalty to him. I think we can get the same performance from a guy like Lee and Essex veteran minimum salary is higher than a rookie so cutting him will help out our cap situation.

I liked Foster more than most, not saying he's dominant or a great down field blocker or anything like that, just that he's good enough to hold is own. I'm confidant with him at OG but not so sure of him at OT, if that's where they play him, until I see more.
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:

It's more so the fact that he's starting unnecessary threads when this could've been talked about in the gameday thread, other DD thread, etc. It's gotten excessive. And quite frankly should be considered spam.

Quote:
All I did was post a topic and left it open for discussion

C'mon, man. Let's not play that card. You know that that's not what it is.

Props to mike23md!
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreasyApples wrote:
Dook wrote:

It's more so the fact that he's starting unnecessary threads when this could've been talked about in the gameday thread, other DD thread, etc. It's gotten excessive. And quite frankly should be considered spam.

Quote:

So, with the hopeful improvements , can't there be a thread for the OL?
THis has been an area of concern, for everyone not just me. Sounds like this will just be a part of the gameday thread, why have any seperate threads, just name all threads Steelers thread.
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
GreasyApples wrote:
Dook wrote:

Quote:

So, with the hopeful improvements , can't there be a thread for the OL?
THis has been an area of concern, for everyone not just me. Sounds like this will just be a part of the gameday thread, why have any seperate threads, just name all threads Steelers thread.

Well, the fact that you explicitly refer to game 3 of the preseason in the title tells me that you should've included this in the gameday thread anyways.

And dude....no one's forbidding you to start a thread about the OLine here. It's just that you could've bumped one of your many "official" OLine threads instead of just being redundant and spamming this forum with more like topics. It's not hard to understand.

But hey...Ramon being in the lineup only brings us back to where we were last year on the OLine. We can only hope Ben can extend this recent trend of getting the ball out faster into the regular season.

Props to mike23md!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: