Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anthony Hargrove & 4 others Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TedThompson


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 802
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Actually, if the Packers were going to keep him all they would have to do is place him on the Reserved/Suspended list. And that could be done without him making the 53 man roster.

And McCarthy said something's gonna be done with Bishop soon.
Maybe McCarthy is gonna use that to stash Bishop on it!
Suspend Bishop for 12 games! Then bring him back in December if he's able to haha.
_________________
"It's the same old Jay," Woodson told ESPN afterward. "We just need to be in position. Jay will throw us the ball."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo25


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 6199
Location: packerbacker87 on the avy!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am devestated Herb Taylor is now gone. He showed glimpses in that San Diego game. /sarcasm
_________________

Credit: TheDeeeeej
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 24053
Location: 414
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TedThompson wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Actually, if the Packers were going to keep him all they would have to do is place him on the Reserved/Suspended list. And that could be done without him making the 53 man roster.

And McCarthy said something's gonna be done with Bishop soon.
Maybe McCarthy is gonna use that to stash Bishop on it!
Suspend Bishop for 12 games! Then bring him back in December if he's able to haha.
That would be one way to try to circumvent the rules.

But unfortunately, if the team tried that it would hurt them more then putting him on IR. Players on the suspended list are barred from team facilites, they can't have contact with coaches, trainers, team doctors or other players.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 7592
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
TedThompson wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Actually, if the Packers were going to keep him all they would have to do is place him on the Reserved/Suspended list. And that could be done without him making the 53 man roster.

And McCarthy said something's gonna be done with Bishop soon.
Maybe McCarthy is gonna use that to stash Bishop on it!
Suspend Bishop for 12 games! Then bring him back in December if he's able to haha.
That would be one way to try to circumvent the rules.

But unfortunately, if the team tried that it would hurt them more then putting him on IR. Players on the suspended list are barred from team facilites, they can't have contact with coaches, trainers, team doctors or other players.


Here is a little off topic Q, the guys that failed the physicals do they count towards the roster right now or do they not?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 9104
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
TedThompson wrote:
Because Daniel Muir has outplayed Hargove, quite obviously they say.


Didn't Hargrove exchange heated words Trgovac last week? I imagine that might have made cutting him easy.


Arguing with your position coach won't endear you to your HC, that's for sure.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Don049293


Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 137
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
stallyns wrote:
TedThompson wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Actually, if the Packers were going to keep him all they would have to do is place him on the Reserved/Suspended list. And that could be done without him making the 53 man roster.

And McCarthy said something's gonna be done with Bishop soon.
Maybe McCarthy is gonna use that to stash Bishop on it!
Suspend Bishop for 12 games! Then bring him back in December if he's able to haha.
That would be one way to try to circumvent the rules.

But unfortunately, if the team tried that it would hurt them more then putting him on IR. Players on the suspended list are barred from team facilites, they can't have contact with coaches, trainers, team doctors or other players.


Here is a little off topic Q, the guys that failed the physicals do they count towards the roster right now or do they not?




Not if the are put on the PUP unable to enter roster till after week 6

But these are players that haven't practiced or passed physical which is Sherrod and Quarless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 24053
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don049293 wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
stallyns wrote:
TedThompson wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Actually, if the Packers were going to keep him all they would have to do is place him on the Reserved/Suspended list. And that could be done without him making the 53 man roster.

And McCarthy said something's gonna be done with Bishop soon.
Maybe McCarthy is gonna use that to stash Bishop on it!
Suspend Bishop for 12 games! Then bring him back in December if he's able to haha.
That would be one way to try to circumvent the rules.

But unfortunately, if the team tried that it would hurt them more then putting him on IR. Players on the suspended list are barred from team facilites, they can't have contact with coaches, trainers, team doctors or other players.


Here is a little off topic Q, the guys that failed the physicals do they count towards the roster right now or do they not?




Not if the are put on the PUP unable to enter roster till after week 6

But these are players that haven't practiced or passed physical which is Sherrod and Quarless
yeah, the guys on the PUP list don't even count against the 90 man roster right now let alone the 75 man roster limit for Monday. If they aren't activated by Aug 31 then they remain until after week 6.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 7592
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thanks, I was just trying to figure out how many people we have to cut then by Monday.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group