Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you Miss Brandon Marshall yet??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Marshall gone ?
Its a good thing, we needed the picks.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Yea I dont care, I dont want him on this team for any reason.
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
I made a mistake, we should kept him.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Yea I said it all along, Marshall to the Bears was insane
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
It doesnt matter we are the Phins, he wouldnt help in any way.
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
I & a couple others said we never wanted that dirtbag on the team to begin with.

Some of us predicted this would not end well for the Dolphins.

Good riddance, break leg & take your Rap sheet with you.

sug

Sorry Sug, you're "I told you so" moment, looks a lot more like a guy who called the shot wrong twice. Last time we had this convo, I asked you to show how he was a "dirtbag" in Miami, and I'm still waiting for the proof. You said it "ended badly" but it didn't. Miami brass is just a bunch of fools. Marshall is a probowl player in a position of our greatest need. You are getting it all wrong again.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
SUG wrote:
I & a couple others said we never wanted that dirtbag on the team to begin with.

Some of us predicted this would not end well for the Dolphins.

Good riddance, break leg & take your Rap sheet with you.

sug

Sorry Sug, you're "I told you so" moment, looks a lot more like a guy who called the shot wrong twice. Last time we had this convo, I asked you to show how he was a "dirtbag" in Miami, and I'm still waiting for the proof. You said it "ended badly" but it didn't. Miami brass is just a bunch of fools. Marshall is a probowl player in a position of our greatest need. You are getting it all wrong again.

1). I & several others did oppose the move before it took place.
2). If you clearly don't recall that or you choose to have selective memory regarding that fact ... I'm OK with that.
3). Giving up 2 Second rnd pks to acquire BM & trading him for 2 Third rnd pks is a bad trade 7 days a week.
4). On the issue of the FO being a bunch of fools ... you are correct which further pissesmeoff when I warned against it in the first place.

5). I am fully aware BM is Pro Bowl caliber WR but so was Andre Rison. Idea

sug
skatewood2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like any of the options presented and I have been very up and down with Marshall since he has arrived.

- When he first got here, we traded 2 2nds for him, I was ecctatic because he is a true threat at WR that did more with less at QB.

- While he was here I was very up and down about him because he was a heart breaker here in Miami.

- When he was traded away for 2 3rd rounders I was pretty upset. Not because he was gone but because we got so little for him.

- Now that he has been gone for a while and the season is looming with the WR's that we have, I am not upset just wish we had a replacement for his physical attributes, not his catching ability.

Now let me explain a little bit. Marshall is a great WR, I would say one of the top 10 to 15 in the league. But at the same time he cannot seem to consistently catch the ball. I don't know how many times he has killed a drive, the one that keeps running thru my head is in the Jets game last year where he kept dropping the ball at the goalline and (lord help me it was a PI) but Revis took one almost 100 yds to the house. That one still haunts me.

I do like Brandon Marshall, but I am not completely upset that he is gone. I think that he would have held back some of our WR's development. I am very upset that we only got 2 3rd rounders for him. But we need every snap this season to get our WR's up to speed or plan on more next season.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
I don't like any of the options presented and I have been very up and down with Marshall since he has arrived.

- When he first got here, we traded 2 2nds for him, I was ecctatic because he is a true threat at WR that did more with less at QB.

- While he was here I was very up and down about him because he was a heart breaker here in Miami.

- When he was traded away for 2 3rd rounders I was pretty upset. Not because he was gone but because we got so little for him.

- Now that he has been gone for a while and the season is looming with the WR's that we have, I am not upset just wish we had a replacement for his physical attributes, not his catching ability.

Now let me explain a little bit. Marshall is a great WR, I would say one of the top 10 to 15 in the league. But at the same time he cannot seem to consistently catch the ball. I don't know how many times he has killed a drive, the one that keeps running thru my head is in the Jets game last year where he kept dropping the ball at the goalline and (lord help me it was a PI) but Revis took one almost 100 yds to the house. That one still haunts me.

I do like Brandon Marshall, but I am not completely upset that he is gone. I think that he would have held back some of our WR's development. I am very upset that we only got 2 3rd rounders for him. But we need every snap this season to get our WR's up to speed or plan on more next season.

You describe what I feel very well, too. We must think alike. Wink

It was good. It was bad. And it was back and forth. My problem was that Marshall couldn't ever seem to get into position for quick slants and short routes (jump balls) while on the goal line. Henne, Moore or any other QB couldn't pull the trigger because while Marshall was big in size he always seemed to get pushed around or out-leveraged. Sometimes I think he was just sloppy on his route.

I just don't think Marshall ever created the target that some WRs do for their QBs down near the goal-line. That's the point.

I think Matt Moore was at fault on that big Revis score but anyway, we're talking about similar things here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: