Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Season Expectations....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clutch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: 2012 Season Expectations.... Reply with quote

cricket, cricket...........cricket

I can't believe I am about to witness this. The sad part is I don't want anymore turnover in management, coaching, qb for at least 3 years. Let stuff play out. But we have nothing for playmakers. This is going to be a wreck.

Our WR's are useless. Our RB is one hit away from that unit being a disaster. Our TE's can't catch. Most of the Oline can't block. Our QB is a rookie.

We are an absolute lock to pick 1st. Its just do we take Barkley or do what the Rams did? At this point I think trade down is the best option as Tanneyhill seems to have some good talent, just won't help us this year.

Sorry gentlemen for shooting the balloon down before it even gets inflated but there is no scenario that this plays out well for us. Better win one early or it could get nasty.
Niedermaier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Tanninhill to go 6-10 and grow. I expect philben to have growing pains, yet do great developing a young QB as he did with rodegers. I expect us to draft WR in the first round when i want an OG. I expect bess/fasano/bush to be the lead receivers on this team this year because our O-line will crumble at the guard position and tanninhill will need to get rid of the ball quick. But above all I expect the 4th time of rebuilding a franchise in 10 years.

Will we ever address the Guard position?

Larry Little #66
OldManFinFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to the playoffs
Florida Gators
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not use the term expect. I hope Miami finished 3-13. I am sick and tired of missing out of top talent. Miami needs to be in position to take Matt Barkley. I do not care if they take him or trade out of the position. They need their record to support their talent.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why the sensible and practical part of my brain wanted Matt Moore to be introduced as the starter under the premise of Tannyhill using this season to view NFL QB play from the sidelines. This way we could have a record that reflected our talent without the Matt Barkley clamoring.

If that scenario where to play out. I'd have to analyze that draft. Because if there's a game changing playmaker available, I would have a hard time trading out of that pick.

That said .... our number one problem is that only 2 of our offensive linemen possess the size / skillset combination to play this style of offense. The scary part of that is one of them is Jonathan Martin. Still waiting for someone to tell me the value of a huge mauler in this offense.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we seriously have ONE thread where people can cry? I click a thread every time and see crying.

I'd like to here something other than crying.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Season Expectations.... Reply with quote

Clutch wrote:
cricket, cricket...........cricket

I can't believe I am about to witness this. The sad part is I don't want anymore turnover in management, coaching, qb for at least 3 years. Let stuff play out. But we have nothing for playmakers. This is going to be a wreck.

Our WR's are useless. Our RB is one hit away from that unit being a disaster. Our TE's can't catch. Most of the Oline can't block. Our QB is a rookie.

We are an absolute lock to pick 1st. Its just do we take Barkley or do what the Rams did? At this point I think trade down is the best option as Tanneyhill seems to have some good talent, just won't help us this year.

Sorry gentlemen for shooting the balloon down before it even gets inflated but there is no scenario that this plays out well for us. Better win one early or it could get nasty.
I disagree with two points.

First, our RBs are better than you say. I'm not enamored with Bush. He's a nice piece to have on offense, but he's no game breaker. Thomas might still be ok, Slaton could be above average if he doesn't fumble, and Miller can be excellent if he learns blitz pickup and how to catch out of the back field.

Second, we are not a lock to pick first. We certainly are in the hunt though.

Our offense will utterly stink this season. All I'm looking for is improvement from Tannehil, the line, and the WRs. If I see that then the season won't be a complete failure. Yes we will be picking very high, and my preference is for us to trade down and finally draft some WRs and more OL help.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
Can we seriously have ONE thread where people can cry? I click a thread every time and see crying.

what do you mean ?

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ojmcduff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have hope for tannehill and philbin. I think you have to give until at least next year to get some more pieces in place and for the system to be totally installed before you start screaming for a change.

Hopefully one or two of these young receivers can prove the deserve to be on next years roster.

Im hoping Martin proves he can be a solid tackle for us and although I doubt he is right for this system I'd like to see Jerry prove he can be our starting right guard.

I think the defense will be solid after a few growing pains in this new system.

As of right now I'd like to see next years draft go something like this

1.pass rusher (de/olb)
2.wr
3.wr
4.og
Judson49

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:

I'm curious as to your definition of fans "crying".

This thread seems to be about people's expectations of the season ahead.

The Dolphins will suck. The Dolphins do suck. The roster is woefully lacking talent.

Now I'm all for optimism and I hugely dislike being one of the "cryers" but I see almost nothing to be positive about. Sorry.

Perhaps this can be the one crying thread & you'll know not to read it!!
patdt13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19-0

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ojmcduff wrote:
I have hope for tannehill and philbin. I think you have to give until at least next year to get some more pieces in place and for the system to be totally installed before you start screaming for a change.

Hopefully one or two of these young receivers can prove the deserve to be on next years roster.

Im hoping Martin proves he can be a solid tackle for us and although I doubt he is right for this system I'd like to see Jerry prove he can be our starting right guard.

I think the defense will be solid after a few growing pains in this new system.

As of right now I'd like to see next years draft go something like this

1.pass rusher (de/olb)
2.wr
3.wr
4.og

We have two thirds.
Trade down for a second.

1. DE
2. WR
2. WR
3. BPA Defense
3. G

With a couple good receivers alone, this team looks more promising.
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:

All due respect ... the title of the thread is "2012 Season Expectations"...

We are at the tail end of:

* an archaic minded regime that missed on more 2nd rnd pks in 5 yrs then I can ever remember.

* A new regime literally in it's infancy stage with an Off scheme to match.

* We just ditched a top 5 - top 6 Deff scheme we've been operating the past 5 yrs.

* A rookie QB

* We will have to transition both the OL & 90 % of the WR core to match our scheme over the next 2 - 3 yrs.

* We still don't have anything resembling a competent pass rusher opposite Wake & by the
time we do he'll be on his way out.

* We still don't have a proven Safety I'd call "good".

I just see the Phins in the proper perspective, you got off on the wrong exit my friend.

4 - 12 to 7 - 9

sug
phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say whether or not this team can win games. While I have serious doubts after watching this preseason that the Dolphins won't have a few blow-outs this year, I do think they are good enough to hang around and play a few games close. Whether this season is winless, 1-win or 5-win could mean everything with how people rise to the occasion as they did in 2008 with Pennington at the helm when the team went 11-5 and won the division.

That year, the team was installing new things but had some veterans, had an easy schedule, had the whole Wild-cat thing happening and had Brady's ACL injury handing the division over to whoever wanted it. The most important thing the team did that year though was limit turn-overs. There were very few INTs and few very fumbles and so what the defense was able to give us was rarely offset by self-inflicted mistakes.

I don't see any major fumbling issues this year, but I'm not sure the defense is going to generate many turn-overs and I do think Tannehill could throw a few picks. In general, it might be that stat right there that determines whether we win or lose some of our close games.

Unfortunately, the only thing I see as similar is that we're once again installing new systems. We don't have the veteran presence, the schedule won't be as easy and there's absolutely no hope of winning the division with 3 solid teams above Miami. Brady going down would only put Buffalo or NewYork in position.

However, comparing this squad to the 2007 team that flirted with 0-16 might be a bit harsh. This team lacks talent in the same way that team did where Trent Green, Ronnie Brown and Yeremiah Bell all went down with season-ending injuries and the squad relied on Cleo Lemon and rookie WR Ted Ginn Jr to try and pick up the pieces.

I have more faith in this team to stand together and play to the best of their ability, but I think we're in for another year of close losses. I hope this doesn't become 2007 all over again but there's a distinct chance it might just because winning is hard to do in the NFL and being 'close' doesn't get anything as we found out in 2007 with all those 3-point losses and last-second heartbreakers.

There is a bright side however and that's that rookie QBs are not the limitations there once where. Teams can be very exciting to watch and compete at a high level with young, inexperienced QBs. I think Tannehill will be proficient enough to move the team down the field a few times each game, whether or not the guys around him help out enough will be the question. We know who can do what but roles that Fasano, Bess and Bush are going to play will be made immeasurably more difficult by the lack of talent around them.

Maybe Miami can pick up a WR next year, we'll see. There's little arguing right now that the team has needs at that position.

@Dolphinologist - You're point about 2 guys on the line is understood. Hopefully Martin works out. As I'm sure you were hinting, Long in fact did look bad against the Falcons. He's clearly not fit into what the team wants and that is scary considering his pending free agency. Just watching him pass-blocking really made clear that he's not accustomed to--and maybe altogether weak in--his present role. What do you think the team should do? Just let him walk next year? This is the last year of his contract, right? If that's the case, I could see him leaving without Miami getting any compensation. Ugh.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we wanted him then he would probably be tagged. It's not like we would pay him much more than what he would normally get with a contract. That's if we are willing to give one linemen 12M. It all depends on how he plays this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: