Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans lose WR/Returner Marc Mariani to leg injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Terrible injury to a good guy. I like pulling for the underdog and Marc was one coming into the league. I hope he makes a full recovery and plays again in the league somewhere. It is going to be tough for him no doubt. If it is the end, at least he realized his dream of playing in the league and not to many people can say they made the Pro Bowl in their rookie year as a UDFA. Get well soon Marc. Applause

Close to being undrafted, but Marc was a 7th round draft pick. Regardless, he's done more in the NFL than most drafted that late. I hope he makes a fast recovery, and hope to see him in two tone blue again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Terrible injury to a good guy. I like pulling for the underdog and Marc was one coming into the league. I hope he makes a full recovery and plays again in the league somewhere. It is going to be tough for him no doubt. If it is the end, at least he realized his dream of playing in the league and not to many people can say they made the Pro Bowl in their rookie year as a UDFA. Get well soon Marc. Applause

Close to being undrafted, but Marc was a 7th round draft pick. Regardless, he's done more in the NFL than most drafted that late. I hope he makes a fast recovery, and hope to see him in two tone blue again.

Ok...it was early this morning when I posted that. I was still asleep. 7th round/UDFA same difference. Wink

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
lamont wrote:

Ok...it was early this morning when I posted that. I was still asleep. 7th round/UDFA same difference. Wink

Sleep typing I see? Thats awesome. Thats when you know your a huge fan when the first thing you do when you wake up is hop on the Titans forum. ( its the first thing I do as well) Laughing

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessarily think this is career-ending. Broken bones can heal. Sure, it's gruesome that the bone popped through the skin, but if they can put it back together and let it heal, he could return. I'm not sure if there was ligament damage though - that can sometimes be too much to overcome.

Best of luck, Marc! Our thoughts and prayers are with you in your recovery!

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
TrojanMan217

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
I don't necessarily think this is career-ending. Broken bones can heal. Sure, it's gruesome that the bone popped through the skin, but if they can put it back together and let it heal, he could return. I'm not sure if there was ligament damage though - that can sometimes be too much to overcome.

I agree, I'm not sure where the career ending talk is coming from. Unless his leg gets some kind of serious infection, he should be able to fully recover from a broken tibia.

Quinney makes the best sigs ^^^^^^^^^
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrojanMan217 wrote:
titanrick wrote:

I agree, I'm not sure where the career ending talk is coming from. Unless his leg gets some kind of serious infection, he should be able to fully recover from a broken tibia.

I heard that he broke both bones and they were thru the skin. I think its possible to come back but will be very difficult. Anytime a bone literally breaks in half and goes through the skin, it will never be the same again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrojanMan217 wrote:
titanrick wrote:

as long as the bone heals correctly there shouldnt be a problem. that and himself are the only things that could hold him back. i dont think it will be an issue. glad we found a second kick returner this year or we would be in trouble. i wounder if we will bring in a vet to replace him incase of a second reciver injury. because right now all they have is Wright, Washington, Williams and Hawkins. im not sure whos left exactly but now we are in need of another wide out
s_camp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a chance it's career threatening because the fact is he's not a standout player and teams have a lot of options when they need a #4 or #5 WR, most of whom didn't have bones poking through their skin and subsequently miss an entire season. I'm not saying he can't come back from it, I'm saying teams might not be willing to roll the dice.
VYoung10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

et80 wrote:
For those saying this could be a career ender - try remembering that Texans OLB Connor Barwin had a similar bone break in 2010 that ended his season. Not only did he come back in 2011, but he came back in very rare form and played very well. Bone breaks LOOK bad, but as long as the bone is set quickly and allowed to calcify, it will come back stronger than before. If there is major ligament and tendon damage along with the break, it gets harder...but still, not completely out of the question. It's all about setting the bone quickly and the bone quickly coming back to a singular piece. If that happens, he should be fine.

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
et80 wrote:
For those saying this could be a career ender - try remembering that Texans OLB Connor Barwin had a similar bone break in 2010 that ended his season. Not only did he come back in 2011, but he came back in very rare form and played very well. Bone breaks LOOK bad, but as long as the bone is set quickly and allowed to calcify, it will come back stronger than before. If there is major ligament and tendon damage along with the break, it gets harder...but still, not completely out of the question. It's all about setting the bone quickly and the bone quickly coming back to a singular piece. If that happens, he should be fine.

ET always trying to bring something up about the Texans, SMH. Laughing

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
et80 wrote:

Hey, that's ME! Very Happy

Just to echo on this - bones breaking seem bad, but can be overcome, usually in good condition. I'd imagine that he will have a gnarly scar (if reports are true and the fracture broke the skin) but as long as there is no major ligament damage, guy should be fine. He might have some pins placed in the broken bone to help keep the original structure in place - not out of the norm for such an injury.

There is some muscle atrophy that could loom as a minor concern, but that's nominal at best. He'll probably get into an extensive rehab program that will help his muscles regain form; No real flex issues, so the quad and hamstrings should be able to get back to full form in short time, and it's all about building up the calves to get back to 100%.

I'm pulling for this guy, as that injury was pretty gruesome; You never like to see someone get hurt like that, no matter WHAT team they play on. Hope he's suiting up next season for you guys!

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:
et80 wrote:

ET always trying to bring something up about the Texans, SMH. Laughing

...gotta name drop, man. Wouldn't be ET if I didn't. Wink

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that the injury itself will be a career ender, but he is someone that is solely a kick returner. If Reynaud proves to be a quality return man and provides even a little value offensively, it's going to be difficult for him to win his job back. And if that happens, it's going to be tough for a guy coming off of a broken leg that only returns kicks to find work. Although I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up in St. Louis a year from now I suppose.
s_camp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I doubt that the injury itself will be a career ender, but he is someone that is solely a kick returner. If Reynaud proves to be a quality return man and provides even a little value offensively, it's going to be difficult for him to win his job back. And if that happens, it's going to be tough for a guy coming off of a broken leg that only returns kicks to find work. Although I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up in St. Louis a year from now I suppose.

This is exactly what I was getting at.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replay was nasty. I love how Berman was talking during the replay saying "we dont know the extend of the injury yet but when we find out we'll let you know" find out????? The guys leg was in 2 just a hard site to see. Get well soon Mariani

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: