Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason week 2! GDT BEARS VS THE REDSKINS! HUT HUT HIKE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is the line will look like this,

Webb, with lots of help

Rachal, because the one thing Tice wants is to be physical and Spencer is not that.

Garza

Louis, who is our best OLmen right now.

Carimi, who I hope gets healthier and steps up.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ChicagoAl"]
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I was not able to watch the game, but from what I have heard Webb looked much better, which is incredibly positive since Tice has given up on Williams and is simply using him to motivate Webb.

It sounds like Chris Spencer needs to be replaced from the #1 group by Chilo Rachal. This is the 2nd pre season game where he has been the weakest link on the OL.

How did Carimi look?

How did Louis look?

I am kind of excited by the big mailing and young right side we have going.
So glad we have a psychic on the board, maybe next you'll grant us the winning lottery numbers.

As for your questions, Louis looked good, Carimi got beat like a drum by Kerrigan. Carimi still obviously has issues facing speed.[/quote)

Not a psychic but someone who pays attention to what people say and do.

Pretty much everyone in the media admits that Tice has given up on Williams and his behavior has shown that.

Mike Tice wants to start Webb and that is a fact.

Do we want to do some sort of sig bet about who starts at LT?

To be fair Windy you don't exactly come across as having an unbiased opinion about Williams.

That and I have heard nothing about Tice giving up on Williams.
If he had why the heck would he still be working him hard? Or even keeping him. Tice knows that CW can to the job at either LT or LG so has no reason to give up on him.

Nor have the blowhard reporters heard anything about Tice giving up on anybody. They are interpreting a raised eyebrow or scream at CW as something not really there.

Maybe given up on is to strong a word.

I believe that Tice wants J Marcus Webb to be the LT.

And unless Williams all of a sudden turns into Ryan Clady that Webb is going to be the LT.

I may be wrong, but I am willing to bet that Chris Williams starts the season on the bench or maybe at LG.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-hardin-released-from-hospital-20120819,0,3928441.story

Quote:
Bears rookie safety Brandon Hardin was released from a local hospital Sunday and all major tests performed on him came back clear after he was carted off the field because of a neck injury during the third quarter Saturday night at Soldier Field.

Hardin does not have any paralysis issues and he did not lose consciousness after he was injured tackling Redskins tight end Logan Paulsen and dropped his head making the play.

But it is too soon to determine when the third-round draft pick from Oregon State will be available again. According to a source familiar with the situation, Hardin will undergo further tests in two weeks to see when he can be on the field again. The Bears open their season Sept. 8.

To be honest from the all be it small sampling of Hardin we have seen I wouldn’t be against sending him to I.R for a season if we could pick up Deon Grant to be a backup safety…Hardin needs to learn the nuances of playing safety…needs to learn proper tackling technique…and as crazy as it sounds for a 6-3” 222lb man but he needs to add bulk & strength…we have seen recently with Melton & Thomas that a year on I.R isn’t the worst thing for a young guy trying to learn a new position…give him the year to learn the playbook and adjust to the new position would give him a big leg up in the long run.

Quote:
Starting free safety Chris Conte was also lost to a right shoulder injury and left Soldier Field with his right arm in a sling. But coach Lovie Smith downplayed the injury and right now it is not expected to be serious.

Really need to hope Conte can return at 100% for the start of the season and stay that way.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

And unless Williams all of a sudden turns into Ryan Clady that Webb is going to be the LT.

See that's where I think you're wrong. Williams doesn't have to be great to take the job. If Webb keeps with the up and down play he has shown his entire career so far then I think all Williams will have to do to get the job is to be consistently average. To say it the way you did implies that Webb is near pro bowl caliber, and clearly he is not.

And I personally don't think Tice cares who the LT is - I think he just wants one of the guys to step up and stake a claim to it and not force him to decide who is the better of two less-than-ideal options.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
A_Fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

See that's where I think you're wrong. Williams doesn't have to be great to take the job. If Webb keeps with the up and down play he has shown his entire career so far then I think all Williams will have to do to get the job is to be consistently average. To say it the way you did implies that Webb is near pro bowl caliber, and clearly he is not.

And I personally don't think Tice cares who the LT is - I think he just wants one of the guys to step up and stake a claim to it and not force him to decide who is the better of two less-than-ideal options.

I was lucky enough to get tickets to the game and I looked exclusively at the lines. I wouldn't put William's in the average category. I would say Webb was average, but was inconsistent. One thing that helped both out was that our QBs were recognizing when the line was screwing up and got the ball out that much quicker.

The thing that disturbed me more than our tackle play was that the interior Oline seemed to have trouble picking up who to block. I remember a few times where the guard would help out the Tackle or the center and completely miss the delayed blitz or the stunting D. I hope these guys get it together in the next couple weeks.[/b]
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty-I think it's time to move on to NYG

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

Always one step ahead of you joshie.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Are you stalking me now?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Are you stalking me now?

WAT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Biggs...

Quote:
#Bears WR Alshon Jeffery did not receive a fine from NFL for pulling DeAngelo Hall's helmet off last Sat. So it was a non-expensive lesson.

If only Hall’s head had still been in the helmet Laughing
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Via Biggs...

Quote:
#Bears WR Alshon Jeffery did not receive a fine from NFL for pulling DeAngelo Hall's helmet off last Sat. So it was a non-expensive lesson.

If only Hall’s head had still been in the helmet Laughing

Even the front office can't stand D-Hall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: