Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp / Preseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:
As for LeRibeus, he's a rookie. Not every guy comes in and contributes day one. Yes, even third round picks need time to develop (see: Hankerson, Leonard).

Relax folks.
I wouldn't have picked him, as he came along mid of the year. He was okay early on just skidish and was dropping balls.

I think a better example would be Riley, even if he was a round later.

As you will. My point is that not every rookie comes in and takes a starting job day one. Sometimes it takes a year or so.

Oh, I understood. Just not sure LeRibus will come in and take over the job midway unless injuries or inept play run rampant. Just haven't seen anything suggestion he'll suddenly get physically their.
That's how Hankerson got to start vs Miami last year. (injury) Riley never started as a rookie because HB Blades was the #3 ilb his rookie year and even last year Riley was still #4, Fox was the #3 ilb for most of the year.

I'd say LeRibeus is like Riley also, but because he's going to be the #3 reserve interior lineman from the looks of things when Kory L comes back. You're right, like Riley, he probably won't play much if at all this year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-move-toward-roster-cuts-with-a-few-starting-spots-still-up-for-grabs/2012/08/23/d9490292-ed68-11e1-a80b-9f898562d010_story.html

All positions are locked down on this team but the starting rb position, starting wr position after Garçon and kicker. Also there is the competition for the last spots going and the team has to make the 1st round of cuts for next week. (i think down to 75?)This game is going to tell a lot towards what out final team is going to look like.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-move-toward-roster-cuts-with-a-few-starting-spots-still-up-for-grabs/2012/08/23/d9490292-ed68-11e1-a80b-9f898562d010_story.html

All positions are locked down on this team but the starting rb position, starting wr position after Garçon and kicker. Also there is the competition for the last spots going and the team has to make the 1st round of cuts for next week. (i think down to 75?)This game is going to tell a lot towards what out final team is going to look like.
I'd still like to sign whomever the Raiders cut at punter.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'd still like to sign whomever the Raiders cut at punter.
Same here, Marquette King looks like "that dude" and at 23, hopefully he can be our punter for 15 years or more.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogsohardsports.com/redskins/new-look-redskins-youth-is-served/

I got signed up for this blogsohard emails a whole back and they put out some decent articles and opinions. Here is an article talking about our youth, I enjoyed it. I hope you do as well.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Trent-Williams-20-in-20?blockID=762329&feedID=6355

Redskins 20/20. I though these were good reads. It talks about Trent Willaims
And if he go from good to great. It's a back and forth between El-Bashier and Rich Tandler. They did others that you can click on and read also:

#20 Aug.20—Will Jammal Brown play this year?

#19 Aug.21—Will Chris Cooley make the team?

#18 Aug. 22—Can Brandon Meriweather get he job done at safety?

#17 Yesterday—Is Garçon a No. 1 receiver?

#16 Today—Can Trent Williams got from good to great?

#15 Tomorrow—Can DeAngelo Hall be a defensive playmaker?

#14 Sunday—Can Santana Moss regain his old form?

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/08/20/12/Meriweather-day-to-day-Fletcher-Gomes-sh/mobile_landing.html?blockID=760003&feedID=6355

Quote:
--Safety DeJon Gomes, who was spotted leaving Soldier Field with a walking boot on his left ankle, practiced today and should play against the Colts, Shanahan said.

--Running back Roy Helu now has two sore Achilles’ tendons and did not practice. Shanahan said he doesn’t know whether he’ll play Saturday but added, “That’s not good news.” 
good news for Gomes, horrible news for Helu. Now both of his Achilles are sore Sad

http://www.csnwashington.com/08/23/12/PUP-list-is-not-an-option-for-active-pla/mobile_landing.html?blockID=761667&feedID=6355

Quote:
While putting together their 53-man rosters, a lot of Redskins fans want to put Roy Helu Jr. or Tim Hightower or another player on the PUP list. This lets them keep Alfred Morris or their other favorite prospect on the 53 while stashing the veteran playerfor later in the season.

But there is one problem with this plan. You can’t put a player on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list at this point in the season.

So no pup for currently injured players who weren't put on pup Before camp started like Helu and Hightower. brown is still on pup though.

Brown,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: