Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LM, Vonteze, Bruce or Stupar, Goodsen, Bergstorm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: LM, Vonteze, Bruce or Stupar, Goodsen, Bergstorm Reply with quote

This is what I wanted to happen in the draft....

When I seen Lamar Miller, a projected 1st rounder sitting there with our third round pick, I thought it would of been a great pick up. He was the best player on most boards, and he could of been a nice back to replace Michael Bush. (and only 21)I know the Goodson trade was prior, which is why Reggie prolly didn't pick Lamar. I would of just not made that trade and kept Bruce Campbell as a reserve or drafted another guard in the mid rounds. Also I would of took a chance with Vonteze Burficit with our seventh round pick. Too much potential and talent to pass up at the time. Vonteze instead of Stupar, and Lamar Miller with our class would of gave our draft an A. I know, I know... Hindset is 20/20 but I really wanted that to occur, with me being okay with all other picks. Also as undrafted free agents I really wanted Janzen Jenkins, who is already cut from the Giants, I prolly never would of found Rod Streeter. Great gem Reggie

Vonteze Lamar Miller and Bruce Campbell or

Bergstorm(24 yr old and is not an instant starter:/), Mike Goodsen ( Mr.Fumble), Nathan Stupar

Goodson was ran out of town in Carolina for a reason. Bergstorm can’t even beat out coop, a right tackle who wasn’t even all PAC 12 old too, and Nathan who everyone says he is a special teamer at best.

At that point in the 7th round roll the dice Reggie, Vonteze would be been brilliant. First round talent there in the 7th , sure it would of been a gamble but it’s a late round pick they all are.. Bruce Campbell wasnt the best but I would of gave him one more year to play back up guard and maybe it would click. If not I would upgrade in 2013 via mid round pick or FA. Lamar Miller also had a 1st round grade, young fast good size and was great in Miami.

I hear Bruce is doing solid in Carolina, we gave up too soon...

Imagine this class
Pryor, Miller, Criner, Streeter, Crawford, Hamilton, Cristo, Burris, Vonteze! I consider Pryor a rookie, that's a A plus draft
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: LM, Vonteze, Bruce or Stupar, Goodsen, Bergstorm Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
This is what I wanted to happen in the draft....

When I seen Lamar Miller, a projected 1st rounder sitting there with our third round pick, I thought it would of been a great pick up. He was the best player on most boards, and he could of been a nice back to replace Michael Bush. (and only 21)I know the Goodson trade was prior, which is why Reggie prolly didn't pick Lamar. I would of just not made that trade and kept Bruce Campbell as a reserve or drafted another guard in the mid rounds. Also I would of took a chance with Vonteze Burficit with our seventh round pick. Too much potential and talent to pass up at the time. Vonteze instead of Stupar, and Lamar Miller with our class would of gave our draft an A. I know, I know... Hindset is 20/20 but I really wanted that to occur, with me being okay with all other picks. Also as undrafted free agents I really wanted Janzen Jenkins, who is already cut from the Giants, I prolly never would of found Rod Streeter. Great gem Reggie

Vonteze Lamar Miller and Bruce Campbell or

Bergstorm(24 yr old and is not an instant starter:/), Mike Goodsen ( Mr.Fumble), Nathan Stupar

Goodson was ran out of town in Carolina for a reason. Bergstorm can’t even beat out coop, a right tackle who wasn’t even all PAC 12 old too, and Nathan who everyone says he is a special teamer at best.

At that point in the 7th round roll the dice Reggie, Vonteze would be been brilliant. First round talent there in the 7th , sure it would of been a gamble but it’s a late round pick they all are.. Bruce Campbell wasnt the best but I would of gave him one more year to play back up guard and maybe it would click. If not I would upgrade in 2013 via mid round pick or FA. Lamar Miller also had a 1st round grade, young fast good size and was great in Miami.

I hear Bruce is doing solid in Carolina, we gave up too soon...

Imagine this class
Pryor, Miller, Criner, Streeter, Crawford, Hamilton, Cristo, Burris, Vonteze! I consider Pryor a rookie, that's a A plus draft
Yeah Goodson was ran out of town because he had 2 backs ahead of him on the depth chart. Bruce Campbell doing good! Where did you hear that? lets see what he does in regular season. Bergstrom is our backup guard and is already better than Campbell. Aint like Campbell was going to beat out anybody. Burficit may not even be in the league if he doesnt keep his head on straight. Hindsight is 20/20 but lets wait until they actually play in games before we star talking about we should have did this or that.
daineraider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fail on so many levels. How can you grade a draft an A before any of these guys have even played a game. And you say we gave up on Campbell to soon but your giving up on bergstrom already. Sorry but other than Lamar miller I disagree with pretty much everything you had to say.

Sigged by Jamison
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Fail on so many levels. How can you grade a draft an A before any of these guys have even played a game. And you say we gave up on Campbell to soon but your giving up on bergstrom already. Sorry but other than Lamar miller I disagree with pretty much everything you had to say.

Bergstorm needs to win that spot. Clock is ticking. He's already 26! Nathan is a fringe player Vonteze could be special
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
daineraider wrote:

Bergstorm needs to win that spot. Clock is ticking. He's already 26! Nathan is a fringe player Vonteze could be special

Hes doesn't need to win the spot this year. Eagles drafted a 27 year old OL in the FIRST round and I don't even think he started to begin the season. Right now, we're better off with Carlisle and no changes need to be made to the O Line, they gel together nicely.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would of just

cut Cooper. Brought back Samson and left Wiz at LG. Our left side was special last year. Samson played good too. We wouldn't of drafted an Olineman because Samson is not old.. Samson is also a great fit for zone

Valdheer Wiz Samson Brisel Barnes

will Lamar Miller in our RB mix
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 players that were available that the Raiders passed on that disappointed me the most:

RB Lamar Miller Rd4/#97 - I would have drafted him despite the Goodson trade
NT Josh Chapman Rd5/#136 - what a steal!
OLB/DE Jonathan Massaquoi Rd5/164- my steal of draft selection looks great in Atlanta. Athletically superior to Burris. A physical specimen who is looking stellar so far. Had the Raiders drafted him he would have softened the Curry blow and there would have been no need to audition Andre Carter.

Bergstrom who was described as the best ZBS lineman in the draft has failed to beat out the unimpressive Carlisle. The rumor is that Bergs was all Wiz's pick. Perhaps his failure was the catalyst for his exit.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
3 players that were available that the Raiders passed on that disappointed me the most:

RB Lamar Miller Rd4/#97 - I would have drafted him despite the Goodson trade
NT Josh Chapman Rd5/#136 - what a steal!
OLB/DE Jonathan Massaquoi Rd5/164- my steal of draft selection looks great in Atlanta. Athletically superior to Burris. A physical specimen who is looking stellar so far. Had the Raiders drafted him he would have softened the Curry blow and there would have been no need to audition Andre Carter.

Bergstrom who was described as the best ZBS lineman in the draft has failed to beat out the unimpressive Carlisle. The rumor is that Bergs was all Wiz's pick. Perhaps his failure was the catalyst for his exit.

Agreed on Massaquoi for sure. I know we were both high on him and he was there for the taking. He would have been a great scheme fit.

I'm notnready to count out Bergstrom. I waasnt a big fan of the pick, but he hasn't looked bad or make many noticeable mistakes. I could see him starting soon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is bc doing?

gotta make it a point to check out a car game.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
daineraider wrote:

Bergstrom doesn't have the wear and tear. He was on a 2 year Church mission before enrolling at Utah.

Theres nothing special about Burfict.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
daineraider wrote:

Bergstrom doesn't have the wear and tear. He was on a 2 year Church mission before enrolling at Utah.

Theres nothing special about Burfict.

Besides, OL have a longer life in the NFL than a lot of positions. Its not like we drafted a 26 year old RB with 1500 college carries on his resume. How can anybody write Bergstrom off already? I wanted Ta'amu at that pick or Chapman in the 5th but you know what? I'm not a GM, I have zero professional football experience and I am OK with letting a seemingly competent GM do his thing.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wanted Travis Lewis a 4 time all american

Hear he is tearin it up for the Rams...

I can understand the Burris pick, he has potential...
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vontaze Burficit sucks. Back up MLB at best.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Vontaze Burficit sucks. Back up MLB at best.

To be fair that would be pretty solid for a 7th round pick and its an area with question marks at worst.

I would have gambled on Burfict in the 7th.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
Personally I would of just cut Cooper.

Brought back Samson and left Wiz at LG. Our left side was special last year. Samson played good too. We wouldn't of drafted an Olineman because Samson is not old.. Samson is also a great fit for zone

Valdheer Wiz Samson Brisel Barnes

Actually, we did the first part. Afaik Carlisle was under contract but we released him and he re-signed a new (aka less dollar) contract. I have no issue with keeping him with his new contract.

I would have liked us to keep Samson as well, but i think he signed a $3+ million a year contract with the colts and we didn't have the money for such a contract. We spend that money on Brisel.

I don't know who is better value for money, Brisel or Satele, simply since I have no opinion on Brisel yet. Imo Satele is a decent center but will never be a top 5-10 guy at the position. Brisel as i said i don't have an opinion on yet, apart from that our OC worked with him at the texans so i'd assume he has a good indication of what brisel is capable of (otherwise why sign him?). That makes me feel comfortable of the signing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: