Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 1st Round Mock w/ Projected Records&Explanations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate this 2013 Mock
A - Uhh bro you should like, write mocks for a career bro
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
B - not bad son not bad at all
26%
 26%  [ 10 ]
C - it didn't quite tickle my fancy but it wasn't quite "turrible" as Chuck would say
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
D - you don't know much mannn like really you don't dood
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
F - stick to CFL coverage homie
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
I, too, often wonder why they omit the letter E from grading systems...
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions do have a weak secondary but they also have a few young guys that may step up at the CB position. It'll be interesting to watch. I would like them to either go CB, S, OL or DE in the first next year. The secondary is terrible and the offensive line needs to continue to be reworked.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Robert Woods is that good the Vikes would have to consider it. The need at reciever is much greater then corner at this point. Like Emerson as a player though.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Steelers pick. If the Steelers running game falters this season then the need at RB could be much greater. Not only is Mendenhall coming off an ACL injury but he is also an UFA at the end of the year. They could let him walk while giving the money to Wallace in a long term deal. They do have Redman and Dwyer who have shown flashes but are still unproven. This is now their chance to show what they can do while Mendenhall gets completely healthy. If they show they can handle the load and the Steelers do resign Mendenhall then RB won't be selected high. As of right now it's more of a wait-and-see regarding if the Steelers will need to draft a player like Lattimore yet it's not as far fetch as some would believe.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very confused on why you mocked a OT to the Titans? Confused Roos and Stewart are the best tackle duo in the league, so I'm not sure of the reasoning for a OT.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I'm very confused on why you mocked a OT to the Titans? Confused Roos and Stewart are the best tackle duo in the league, so I'm not sure of the reasoning for a OT.

Oh crap, ya.. I was just thinking OL depth. My mistake..I will fix it momentarily. Any suggestions? Maybe another edge rusher?

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Oh crap, ya.. I was just thinking OL depth. My mistake..I will fix it momentarily. Any suggestions? Maybe another edge rusher?

No big deal. Our depth isn't really bad behind Roos or Stewart. Pass-Rusher or interior O-Line are the biggest needs right now.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

No big deal. Our depth isn't really bad behind Roos or Stewart. Pass-Rusher or interior O-Line are the biggest needs right now.

Realized I left Margus Hunt out of the mock. I just recently read up on him and he is supposed to be an athletic freak at 6'8''..I think he would fit your system too, so I hope this is a better pick. Any thoughts?

Nzd07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MN is a really tough spot to pick right now because of all the variables. Lots of young, unproven talent, including Ponder.

QB, CB, NT, DT, ILB are all possible 1st round picks right now. This year will be a make or break year for lots of players. However, if the draft were today, Amerson would be my pick as well.

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Jay-Z wrote:
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man!
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
31) Houston Texans (12-4): Tyler Eiffert/TE/Notre Dame - With no worthy 1st round WR talent left, the Texans grab Eiffert (who used to play WR). Now they can start running more 2 TE sets with him & Owen Daniels like the rest of the NFL.

The Texans have been plesantly surprised with TE Garrett Graham; Moved up the DC because TE Joel Dreessen signed with the Broncos, Graham has been a dynamic presence downfield and has already shown very good chemestry with Matt Schaub this preseason. A guy who is in his 3rd year in the system, Graham is poised to take over where Dreessen did over the past two years, which is to be the primary read in the RZ.

If anything, this will be used to shore up a secondary that will probably be losing starting S Glover Quin, or RT, where Rashad Butler and Derek Newton haven't exactly performed up to the standards expected of them. IF Connor Barwin cashes in after a big season in 2012, another OLB could be tapped into as well.

I've heard murmerings about Texas A&M T Luke Joeckel (sp?) and how he fits a ZBS and can play both sides. Either him or McDonald make more sense than a TE this early...

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
31) Houston Texans (12-4): Tyler Eiffert/TE/Notre Dame - With no worthy 1st round WR talent left, the Texans grab Eiffert (who used to play WR). Now they can start running more 2 TE sets with him & Owen Daniels like the rest of the NFL.

The Texans have been plesantly surprised with TE Garrett Graham; Moved up the DC because TE Joel Dreessen signed with the Broncos, Graham has been a dynamic presence downfield and has already shown very good chemestry with Matt Schaub this preseason. A guy who is in his 3rd year in the system, Graham is poised to take over where Dreessen did over the past two years, which is to be the primary read in the RZ.

If anything, this will be used to shore up a secondary that will probably be losing starting S Glover Quin, or RT, where Rashad Butler and Derek Newton haven't exactly performed up to the standards expected of them. IF Connor Barwin cashes in after a big season in 2012, another OLB could be tapped into as well.

I've heard murmerings about Texas A&M T Luke Joeckel (sp?) and how he fits a ZBS and can play both sides. Either him or McDonald make more sense than a TE this early...

Thanks a lot for the helpful critique. Appreciated. I will fix it shortly.

Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ is in decline. but still a good player. we need a WLB, MLB, WR, online depth as bigger concerns.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lattimore pick is possible, but a) the Steelers dont need a top talent at RB, and b) you are underrating Redman a good bit, and Dwyer and Rainey are starting to step up.

Lattimore might be the BPA though, so it could happen.

Personally, I think we would go TJ McDonald, but thats me.
cortes02

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot of other Browns fans will disagree with this but if they have a 3-13 record, I feel that they will go with a QB regardless of choosing Weeden in the 1st round last year. A new owner spends 1 Billion Dollars on a team, I would think if the team plays that poorly he would want to go with his own choice at QB.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Myth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: lions go bpa Reply with quote

I see several alternatives for the Lions.

A) Their first choice in every situation is going to be to take the best player - in your scenario there are three players who should rank higher than Johnny Adams (who I see as a mid 2d rounder...and I think I'm higher on him than most experts). I.) Eric Reid probably won't get out of the top 10. If he does the Lions would jump all over this. Safety is arguably the weakest position on the team...worse than corner, though it's close. II.) Marcus Lattimore, if he is over the ACL, is a superstars. I really like Mykell LaShoure, but there's no way they pass on a superstars to replace or duo with a guy who has two strikes on him for substance abuse. III.) Chance Warmack has been likened to Steve Hutchinson at OG. They have been trying to replace Steven Peterman at RG for years. Unless Warmack has some odd deficiency that he cannot move from LG to RG he is a natural fit. The hair DOOD guy has him ranked at #8 overall. We will see tonight if the fuss is legit.

B.) I think that with the way rookies contracts are, and the Lions not in desperate straits with talent level they are finally in a position to be able to trade up for a player they feel is worth it. David Amundsen may be that guy.

C. If all the players above get hurt or have drug issues or something stupid like that, then they could trade down...though I don't see that happening.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given your draft, Kawaan Short is the best choice for Seattle. He will bring some strong interior pressure.

Teo is a bad pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: