Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp / Preseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Race is on:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/shanahan-young-redskins-receivers-helped-themselves/2012/08/20/8a2eae00-eb33-11e1-9ddc-340d5efb1e9c_blog.html

Shanahan said Robinson, Briscoe and Banks all made strong cases for themselves on Saturday night.

Quote:
“I took a look at the one play Aldrick made and it was a big-time play,” Shanahan said. “The ball was deflected, he caught it on the shoulder pad, made some guys miss and you could see the speed and explosion and that is what you’re looking for.”

“A guy like Briscoe, I thought, did a good job catching the ball, using his hands and taking advantage of his opportunities,” Shanahan said.

“When a guy has game-breaking potential and ability, which he has shown, it is tough not to keep a guy like that,” Shanahan said. “But we have a lot of competition and that is what you want to have. Who else can return punts? Who else can play wide receiver? That is what you have to evaluate and sometimes you let some good football players go.”

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The Race is on:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/shanahan-young-redskins-receivers-helped-themselves/2012/08/20/8a2eae00-eb33-11e1-9ddc-340d5efb1e9c_blog.html

Shanahan said Robinson, Briscoe and Banks all made strong cases for themselves on Saturday night.

Quote:
“I took a look at the one play Aldrick made and it was a big-time play,” Shanahan said. “The ball was deflected, he caught it on the shoulder pad, made some guys miss and you could see the speed and explosion and that is what you’re looking for.”

“A guy like Briscoe, I thought, did a good job catching the ball, using his hands and taking advantage of his opportunities,” Shanahan said.

“When a guy has game-breaking potential and ability, which he has shown, it is tough not to keep a guy like that,” Shanahan said. “But we have a lot of competition and that is what you want to have. Who else can return punts? Who else can play wide receiver? That is what you have to evaluate and sometimes you let some good football players go.”

I had a really hard time keeping Banks on my 53 but after all the discussion on the forum I think I have changed my mind. Field position is so important. It really showed in the Bears game on both teams. Banks and Weems from Chicago both head really good games, and got their teams in good position. I thinkg Im going to have a melt down if they cut Banks for Grossman!!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
The Race is on:

Quote:

I had a really hard time keeping Banks on my 53 but after all the discussion on the forum I think I have changed my mind. Field position is so important. It really showed in the Bears game on both teams. Banks and Weems from Chicago both head really good games, and got their teams in good position. I thinkg Im going to have a melt down if they cut Banks for Grossman!!!!!
They won't have to do that. They can just cut Briscoe. Very Happy Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/kory-lichtensteiger-says-he-is-close-to-full-strength/2012/08/22/0bd48594-ec7c-11e1-a80b-9f898562d010_blog.html

Kory L is close to being 100%.

Quote:
He said he has been doing some practice field work in individual drills and believes he isn’t too far away from being ready to participate in full team drills.
great news! He and Shanahan say he is on track to be starting week 1
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The Race is on:

Quote:

As Hogs Haven pointed out ... that's a big "but" in Shanahan's comments about Banks as well as the "tough not to keep a guy like that."

I think right now, Banks is out pending his ability to get back in. That will require him to make the field for offense.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/kory-lichtensteiger-says-he-is-close-to-full-strength/2012/08/22/0bd48594-ec7c-11e1-a80b-9f898562d010_blog.html

Kory L is close to being 100%.

Quote:
He said he has been doing some practice field work in individual drills and believes he isn’t too far away from being ready to participate in full team drills.
great news! He and Shanahan say he is on track to be starting week 1

Thank goodness,hes essential to Griffins success.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
The Race is on:

Quote:

As Hogs Haven pointed out ... that's a big "but" in Shanahan's comments about Banks as well as the "tough not to keep a guy like that."

I think right now, Banks is out pending his ability to get back in. That will require him to make the field for offense.
And our offense will be less productive because of that
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banks IMO means nothing to our offense, he production comes clearly on special teams (witch can be very important to the offense) So IMO we need to make a extra spot for 7 WR's and keep Banks, Briscoe, and Robinson along with the staring 4 and give RG3 s many weapons as possible. Once again the person I would release is Grossman. Rg3 is clearly the starter and Cousins can't be no worse than what Grossman would be if Rg3 went down in injury. I also think with Grossman gone Rg3 and Cousins relationship would only get stronger as they challenge, helped, and grew together day by day practice by practice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Banks IMO means nothing to our offense, he production comes clearly on special teams (witch can be very important to the offense) So IMO we need to make a extra spot for 7 WR's and keep Banks, Briscoe, and Robinson along with the staring 4 and give RG3 s many weapons as possible. Once again the person I would release is Grossman. Rg3 is clearly the starter and Cousins can't be no worse than what Grossman would be if Rg3 went down in injury. I also think with Grossman gone Rg3 and Cousins relationship would only get stronger as they challenge, helped, and grew together day by day practice by practice.
He gives our offense short fields which leads to points. Instead of having to go 70 or 80 yards they have to go 60 or less to score or he scores for them. That's what I mean by offense, and yes a returner is an offensive player. Any player that receives the ball and runs for a score is at that point an offensive player.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
The Race is on:

Quote:

I agree. Crawford can do just as well at the return game on overall adv. And its because he wont go down at the drop of a feather. Banks can run in the open as good as anyone. But where he goes down, Craw has the chance to pick up a few extra after contact. So it balances out well enough that Banks just isnt needed around.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
He gives our offense short fields which leads to points. Instead of having to go 70 or 80 yards they have to go 60 or less to score or he scores for them. That's what I mean by offense, and yes a returner is an offensive player. Any player that receives the ball and runs for a score is at that point an offensive player.

This is clearly why I said we need to release Grossman to keep him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

This is clearly why I said we need to release Grossman to keep him.

So you want to roll with 2 rookies at QB? That's a smart as keeping Banks over potential Top 3 WR's...

And I'd love to see our average starting position last year. His stats look good not only due to bulk but because of how often Danny let him take it out of the end zone. Regardless, he is not a dynamic offensive player. He's a dynamic special teams player, who has had like 4 catches on Offense his entire career.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawford over Banks IMO.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Source: Yardbarker
Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan isn’t sure if running backs Roy Helu and Tim Hightower will be ready for week one of the regular season. Shanahan on if helu, hightower will return for opener: “I really don’t know yet.”

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Quote:
Source: Yardbarker
Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan isn’t sure if running backs Roy Helu and Tim Hightower will be ready for week one of the regular season. Shanahan on if helu, hightower will return for opener: “I really don’t know yet.”
Because of this, neither Banks, Briscoe or Paulsen might make the opening day roster. If they are intent on keeping Highower for he season when he's ready to full go, they will have to keep open roster spots for him and Helu and hose will be offensive players and running backs. It looking good for Morris and Davis week1.

They really should have put Hightower on the pup list if they Thought there was a chance he wasn't going to be 100% week 1. Ughh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: