Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Tannehill named starter.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patdt13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once a Phins fan, always a Phins fan.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
hrubes20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:
The sooner we see him, the sooner he can get cut and on to the next one.

This had to be done in my opinion. The FO sees that this team is not set up for the future around the QB, so why waste away with zero experience at QB and win 6 games.

Then next year you still wouldnt know if you have a QB after Moore would win 6-7.

This way you test Tannehill and take one less year of not knowing out of the equation.

I think this move is brilliant. It ensures we get the #1 pick. Even if they do not take Barkley, they can trade it for picks. I have little hope about this season and even cancelled my NFL Direct Ticket.

It really doesn't though. You're severely underrating the suckitude that is Blaine Gabbert in JAX. I would never vote against that Jags team getting the #1 pick this year.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:

This had to be done in my opinion. The FO sees that this team is not set up for the future around the QB, so why waste away with zero experience at QB and win 6 games.

Then next year you still wouldnt know if you have a QB after Moore would win 6-7.

This way you test Tannehill and take one less year of not knowing out of the equation.

I think this move is brilliant. It ensures we get the #1 pick. Even if they do not take Barkley, they can trade it for picks. I have little hope about this season and even cancelled my NFL Direct Ticket.

It really doesn't though. You're severely underrating the suckitude that is Blaine Gabbert in JAX. I would never vote against that Jags team getting the #1 pick this year.

He has played really good so far. Blaine was never my favorite QB and should have been a 2nd round pick but he never even got a training camp last year. He is not great but I wouldn't be surprised if he became a dependable starter for them.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:

Erm.. even if Gabbert is below average, I can't see the Jaguars sniffing anywhere close to the top overall pick. They still have a great running game and defense. With an improved receiving corp (not to mention an extremely soft schedule), Gabbert will lead the Jags to at least a few wins this season. I even consider the Jaguars a dark-horse pick to make the playoffs.

Nacho Simulation Football League
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:

Erm.. even if Gabbert is below average, I can't see the Jaguars sniffing anywhere close to the top overall pick. They still have a great running game and defense. With an improved receiving corp (not to mention an extremely soft schedule), Gabbert will lead the Jags to at least a few wins this season. I even consider the Jaguars a dark-horse pick to make the playoffs.

Not without MJD they won't.
stepover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:

I will always root for the Dolphins but realistically (barring catastrophic injuries to other teams) I think we are picking in the top 4 along with Arizona, Indy and Cleveland. You can never predict exactly how it will shake out but I see us right now as one of the four really bad teams.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move for all the reasons already mentioned. As for the attitude around here about this team? One solid preseason game this week and everyone will be talking super bowl again. No worries...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:

Blow for Barkley??? LOL (would love to have the kid, but unless Tanney just flops, I dont see us doing that)

Tanney the starter, I knew that as soon as David was going to miss the rest of training camp, I even posted it in another thread before week 2 game. I think this send a message out that Joe is saying he is our guy, we know we are not going to do alot this season but we will get our QB XP. We have No WR's (Are you all missing Marshall yet?) So this kid will have 2-3 targets but he will learn or he will flop.

Things to improvement

O line has to do better job of blocking. Bush needs to step up (I know pre season but he will need to be a play maker) Defense needs to get us some field position. WR's need to play like Pro's.

Like him or Hate him, looks like the Future is here now.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
93/155 - 902 yards - 6 TD's - 3 INT's - 81.2 Rat
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:

Blow for Barkley??? LOL (would love to have the kid, but unless Tanney just flops, I dont see us doing that)

Tanney the starter, I knew that as soon as David was going to miss the rest of training camp, I even posted it in another thread before week 2 game. I think this send a message out that Joe is saying he is our guy, we know we are not going to do alot this season but we will get our QB XP. We have No WR's (Are you all missing Marshall yet?) So this kid will have 2-3 targets but he will learn or he will flop.

Things to improvement

O line has to do better job of blocking. Bush needs to step up (I know pre season but he will need to be a play maker) Defense needs to get us some field position. WR's need to play like Pro's.

That is the only way Miami can get out of this funk. They need a game changing draft. Notice how bad Indy was last year. Watch how much more improved they will be this year. Partly because I believe they blew games on purpose but because they have a QB.

Miami needs to be first or last. That is the rallying cry. First or last. There is no honor in the grey area.
phinmun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season there is no team out there that shouldn't win at least 3 games. I think the 1st overall selection will be held by someone with around 3 wins. The league's worst teams all have a few bright spots even if they might be weaker than the rest of the competition.

Cleveland Browns

They'll suck. Weeden isn't that great but his O-line is solid and the addition of Trent Richardson should help the running game.

Arizona Cardinals

I haven't seen anything but I don't see why they'd be worse than last year.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Even if Gabbert sucks, they have enough to win a few games.

St Louis Rams

It's a rebuilding year and their O-line isn't great but they do have Sam Bradford who's pretty good when he's healthy and protected. They should win a few games this year.

Indianapolis Colts

Andrew Luck plus a solid draft class plus what's there will give them a solid base and a few wins.

Washington Redskins

I doubt RGIII does anything amazing but they should win a few on the backs of what's there.

Seahawks / Chiefs

Neither team will be great but they should be improved from last year.

When I look around the league I think the Dolphins are probably about the bottom of the barrel in the NFL right now yet I have the sense that they will win at least 3 games if not 5 or 6 if Tannehill really plays well.

Long story short, even if the Dolphins do win 3 or 4 games I think they'll be right there in contention for the 1st overall pick. I just don't see anyone around the league that's poised to have a tougher road than them.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:

Things to improvement

That is the only way Miami can get out of this funk. They need a game changing draft. Notice how bad Indy was last year. Watch how much more improved they will be this year. Partly because I believe they blew games on purpose but because they have a QB.

Miami needs to be first or last. That is the rallying cry. First or last. There is no honor in the grey area.

When i was young, they used to teach cursive handwriting in school. We where taught to incorporate what we learned when ever we had an assignment that required us to write.
Anyway for some reason I remember one night doing my homework and i was wasting page after page of empty paper trying to get the "S"s right on the date. Not only paper but time. Not one of my brightest scholastic moments by far. But what you are suggesting with your 1st or last theory is the intellectual equivalent to what I was doing that night. And it's depressing to think about.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: