Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Austin Collie: When can we expect him back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Austin Collie: When can we expect him back? Reply with quote

He was looking GOOD, like really good with Andrew Luck before going down with another scary looking concussion last night.

Should we expect him back anytime soon? Is it at the wait-and-see stage or does he really have another full-blown concussion? I took him in a FF draft last night in a relatively deep league. Ryan Mathews is in my IR spot, should I hold out hope for him or drop him?

There's absolutely no one out there for WRs.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll respond from a non-fantasy POV and say that in light of this concussion, he should seriously think about retiring. No point in destroying his brain for sports. I don't expect him back for at least 2 weeks if he decides to keep playing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really think it'll only take two weeks for him to return?

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
bears2308

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
You really think it'll only take two weeks for him to return?

if the concussion is in any way serious he should hang them up. Given the amount of retired players showing symptoms of brain damage from playing in the league is reason enough for him to quit. It sucks because I really like Collie; he's tough as nails and still goes across the middle after being smashed numerous times. It's just not worth the life long repercussions it may/will bring for him to continue playing.

Sorry about your fantasy team... Confused
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coach Pagano said that he is day to day, his player rep said that it is too early to call it a concussion. d'oh!

I agree with coltmanic808, he should hang it up. I think the more he continues the more prone he will be to this.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Coach Pagano said that he is day to day, his player rep said that it is too early to call it a concussion. d'oh!

I agree with coltmanic808, he should hang it up. I think the more he continues the more prone he will be to this.

Oh lord his player rep is an idiot....I love Collie. He was a blue collar kind of receiver who ran the right routes, great hands, and was fearless. I appreciate all he's done for us the past 3 years but it is not worth his long term health to continue playing like this. While I don't want to seem like I know everything, I strongly feel that he should hang it up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin Collie is a player with so much ability and reliability that he could be a real asset to Luck in the passing game, however, he may never be able to stay on the field. It is a credit to him that he has never allowed this problem to become a mental handicap when playing his position. He will go for a catch if it means getting hit and hit hard. Great player who is game to play in a rough and violent sport but as he becomes more susceptible to concussions will probably have his career cut short.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueHorseshoe wrote:
Austin Collie is a player with so much ability and reliability that he could be a real asset to Luck in the passing game, however, he may never be able to stay on the field. It is a credit to him that he has never allowed this problem to become a mental handicap when playing his position. He will go for a catch if it means getting hit and hit hard. Great player who is game to play in a rough and violent sport but as he becomes more susceptible to concussions will probably have his career cut short.

Problem is that he already is concussion prone. If he continues playing, I would hope they don't rush him back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: