Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Something to Ponder: Merriman or Berry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Chiefs9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Something to Ponder: Merriman or Berry? Reply with quote

So everyone is now aware of the news that Kendrick Lewis will be gone for a little while, Brandon Flowers has not been on the field for 3 weeks (now in a walking boot), and Tamba Hali is suspended for game 1 of the regular season. With that being said, there are two quality players available.

-Aaron Berry would have started for the Lions this year as a defensive back. He ran into some trouble with the law and since then, has been released. He would be quality depth in our secondary.

-Shawn Merriman was just released by the Bills, and would provide a backup pass rusher for when Tamba comes back. We have now noticed that our pass rush has weakened tremendously with Tamba out. What if Tamba or Houston goes down later?

Would you want either one of these players, if so who?
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't look at either to be honest. As Ryk (I believe) touched on in a different thread I wouldn't touch Merriman just for injury concerns/age as well as past juicing and run ins with the league/law. He really has lost a step since his SD days and hasn't really done anything of note for awhile.

I might look at Aaron Berry if it was just one instance with the law, but IIRC he has had multiple incidents which is why he was released.

Either way neither of the two are "right 53" type of guys and I'm sure we can find others nearly as good without the risk of trouble.
PhillyChief

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming Lights Out doesn't run up the bill...(maybe takes a one year "show-me" deal)...I'd take a flyer on him. Can never have too many pass rushers.
ptbarcus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
I wouldn't look at either to be honest. As Ryk (I believe) touched on in a different thread I wouldn't touch Merriman just for injury concerns/age as well as past juicing and run ins with the league/law. He really has lost a step since his SD days and hasn't really done anything of note for awhile.

I might look at Aaron Berry if it was just one instance with the law, but IIRC he has had multiple incidents which is why he was released.

Either way neither of the two are "right 53" type of guys and I'm sure we can find others nearly as good without the risk of trouble.

Completely agree. Merriman is old/injured and probably about ready to wash out of the league. Berry is pure trouble and if I'm not mistaken he is suspended for 3 games anyway.

^All about Ryk^
brawl.kc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to Shawne Merriman. Didn't even like him when he was juiced up/good. Now he's got knees like Kyle Brovlosky. Do not want to see this happen in a football game:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: