Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We Goin' to London Ya'll
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: We Goin' to London Ya'll Reply with quote

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/8/20/3255988/jaguars-international-series-london

Quote:
It's understandable that the fan base that has to constantly listen to media rumors that say the Jaguars are the favorite to relocate to Los Angeles would be the group most likely to be wary of news that the team will sacrifice a home game in each of the next four seasons to play internationally.

After all, this news will undoubtedly bring out a long-winded ramble from an uninformed writer with a large platform that talks about how this is another step closer to L.A. for the Jaguars. Regardless, the news of an international series for the Jaguars is good for the franchise and is a step in the right direction towards solving the biggest problem the Jaguars have.

That problem is no longer the ticket sales that many still claim to be an issue. Without a blackout in each of the last two seasons the city of Jacksonville has done enough to earn a break from the 2009 jokes about attendance. The problem for the franchise is the fact that they've been the league's least popular team for a while now.

Quote:
Earlier, Sam Kouvaris of WJXT in Jacksonville, Florida reported that the Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will announce that the team will play an "international game" from 2013 through the 2016 NFL seasons. While the immediate speculation is that the games will be in London, they may not be limited to London.

Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney mentioned in an interview with the BBC back in June that Croke Park in Ireland is ready to host an NFL game and would like the Steelers to play there. Not only that, but a regular season game was played in Mexico City in 2005 at Estadio Azteca.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/8/20/3255921/nfl-international-london-game-jacksonville-jaguars

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack your Jorts and tanks, need to dress comfy on those plane rides.

#JDI
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridiculous. This is definitely my last season ticket package. I'll never go to another game after this season. Give away the damn preseason games - the regular season is a big [inappropriate/removed] deal and we only get 8 of them!

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Ridiculous. This is definitely my last season ticket package. I'll never go to another game after this season. Give away the damn preseason games - the regular season is a big [inappropriate/removed] deal and we only get 8 of them!

As much as you don't like it, it's a necessary business decision. If the team is to stay in Jacksonville, it needs to build a sustained marketability outside of the (relatively speaking) small market of Jacksonville. This is the best way to do it.

It's only four games over the next four years. If that's what it takes to ensure that the team can turn a profit and stay in Duvall, won't it be worth it?

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
I'll never go to another game after this season.

Lol, over exaggerate much?

Trust me, I hate losing a home game for the next four years but to say you'd never go to another game after this season is a bit extreme, don't you think?

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

As much as you don't like it, it's a necessary business decision. If the team is to stay in Jacksonville, it needs to build a sustained marketability outside of the (relatively speaking) small market of Jacksonville. This is the best way to do it.

It's only four games over the next four years. If that's what it takes to ensure that the team can turn a profit and stay in Duvall, won't it be worth it?

Its a money grab, not a move to stay in Jacksonville. And it lowers the value of season tickets significantly - not only is there one less Sunday for those of us who have supported the team, now preseason games represent an even larger percentage of the package. If it was a move to stay feasible, both preseason games would have been shipped off first.

I honestly believe there won't be another stadium lease between the city and the Jaguars. This smells like a move to be the first overseas team (full time), although it will take up to ten years to complete.

To those of us who buy the ticket packages, we don't see it as and expense as much as an experience - that experience just got lighter and less valuable.

Eight Sundays a year represent many of the best, most memorable days of the year for those of us who attend. One of those days has been taken from us in an effort to pad a billionaire's pocket and facilitate a future relocation.

Wayne Weaver's worst decision was to sell this team to someone with no real ties to Jacksonville (more internationally actually - big surprise there).

"All In" is just a bunch of [inappropriate/removed].

I won't comment on this topic anymore. I'm honestly irate.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the NFL even shipping off Preseason games?

- Best since day one -
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

I'd rather play in a more winnable environment

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's trying to sell J-Ville to the world.
How's that a bad thing?

This is a big picture move.
Getting the Jaguars displayed on an international stage because the London game is always featured on Fox or CBS and growing the fan base.

We've struggled to sell out.
All though we had 3 national games last year, we're usually hidden in the basement as that "Oh yeah team", meaning Jax has an NFL team too?!?
If you want that to change, this is a necessary evil.
Winning helps.
But being so late to the "building a fan base party" (Us and Carolina), we have to be open and create opportunities to enlarge the base.
I don't like the idea either but at this point has Khan led us astray before?

Then, we should give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a very successful business man. He might understand the logistics better than us.

Regardless, GO JAGS!
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this.
Shad doesn't want to become the Ravens, Falcons, or Panthers...he wants to become the Packers, Steelers, and Patriots...how to do this? Get a global image.

#JDI
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
I like this.
Shad doesn't want to become the Ravens, Falcons, or Panthers...he wants to become the Packers, Steelers, and Patriots...how to do this? Get a global image.
Pretty much. That's why he petitioned to get Hard Knocks, and wanted us to explore trading for Tebow. He wants the team to get exposure.

- Best since day one -
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
I like this.
Pretty much. That's why he petitioned to get Hard Knocks, and wanted us to explore trading for Tebow. He wants the team to get exposure.

Think this sums it up...
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/8/21/3257928/jaguars-to-play-in-london-missing-big-picture

Laughing

#JDI
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I likeee it!

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple supply and demand but wont know if it has any effect on the ticket buying market in Jacksonville until next year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, Shad is growing the city of Jacksonville by engaging in overseas stuffs.
This means new fans and a global brand.
More money for the team and the city.
In the long run, we will be Florida's team and city.
Free Agents wont have to be overpaid.
Team will improve.
Win-Win.

Shad re-iterated that it is the JACKSONVILLE Jaguars, and will stay. What that means is LA is blacklisted for another 4 years (LA wants all) games in the city if/when they get a team...and will now begin to look elsewhere for a franchise.

Yes, it sucks we lose 4 home games over this period, but we are becoming a globally recognized franchise (similar when all is said and done to NE, Pitt, and the elite teams). All 4 games will be held on global TV...which is really big news.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: