Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rashad Jennings: His role going forward with or without MJD
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Rashad Jennings: His role going forward with or without MJD Reply with quote

I'm really curious as he seems to have all the talent in the world. I took him in FF draft last night but am slightly pressed now for a roster spot for a WR.

Should I keep him in hopes that his value will increase with Jacksonville's plans to use him and possibly trade him or one of my other backs?

What do you guys expect Jennings role to be?

(By the way, Gabbert looked damn good the other night. Hope he keeps it up!)

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Rashad Jennings: His role going forward with or without Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
I'm really curious as he seems to have all the talent in the world. I took him in FF draft last night but am slightly pressed now for a roster spot for a WR.

Should I keep him in hopes that his value will increase with Jacksonville's plans to use him and possibly trade him or one of my other backs?

He is a notch below Maurice's running ability, but is better than him Receiving. So, something similiar to Ray Rice's numbers are not out of question, just depends if Maurice comes back.

#JDI
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be unpopular with some, but Jennings is every bit good enough to make people wonder say "Maurice Jones-Who?"

At this point in their careers, Jennings is faster, more explosive, better at making cuts, and a better receiver out of the backfield. I think his power and understanding of NFL defenses, while not on the level of MJD, is more than adequate for him to get top ten type production.

Will he put up the numbers that MJD put up last year? No. But MJD won't put up those numbers going forward either.

I wholeheartedly believe that if given the chance to start for the majority of the season, that Jennings will be able to be a 1,100 (+350 receiving) yard back.

Really the question to ponder with him is how long you think MJD's holdout will last. And no one here has any idea how long it'll last. He could come back tomorrow, or he could sit out the entire season, and neither should surprise anyone. It's a really tricky situation from a Fantasy perspective, but from a team perspective, it's as close to a non-issue as you will find.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Rashad Jennings: His role going forward with or without Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:

He is a notch below Maurice's running ability, but is better than him Receiving. So, something similiar to Ray Rice's numbers are not out of question, just depends if Maurice comes back.

Keep em, if MJD dont report he couod end up having a career year, if MJD shows Jennings will still be apart of are offense, if MJD takes over he could very likely for a injury considering he hasnt been at camp an most likely wont be in football shape.
Rashad has more big play potential than MJD
MJD more consistant and a better guarnteed runner.
Rashad is better out of the backfield, tho MJD shoed last year he can catch to. Keep em man.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, I'm pretty relieved to have a back-up runner as good as Jennings. He could start for a lot of team in this league. Considering all running backs in the league in tiers of 10 players he's probably a tier 2 guy. Not elite, but pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on to him and dont let go

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
This might be unpopular with some, but Jennings is every bit good enough to make people wonder say "Maurice Jones-Who?"

At this point in their careers, Jennings is faster, more explosive, better at making cuts, and a better receiver out of the backfield. I think his power and understanding of NFL defenses, while not on the level of MJD, is more than adequate for him to get top ten type production.

Will he put up the numbers that MJD put up last year? No. But MJD won't put up those numbers going forward either.

I wholeheartedly believe that if given the chance to start for the majority of the season, that Jennings will be able to be a 1,100 (+350 receiving) yard back.

Really the question to ponder with him is how long you think MJD's holdout will last. And no one here has any idea how long it'll last. He could come back tomorrow, or he could sit out the entire season, and neither should surprise anyone. It's a really tricky situation from a Fantasy perspective, but from a team perspective, it's as close to a non-issue as you will find.

I'm somewhat on board with this.

The real caveat i'd throw in there, is that Jennings is a quality back who could be the #1RB for us...but he seems to look at his best when he's fresh and rested. He's not the sort of workhorse that MJD has been (hard to say how much longer he can be effective at that same workload, if at all). But for me, if we were going to go that route, i'd want to have a very solid complementary back as the 2nd option. Probably a reliable 'between the tackles', straight up 'short yardage', 'power back'. I just don't see Owens as that guy, i'd want something more substantial.

I mean, Jennings has looked great in the preseason thus far, but let's try to keep in mind that he's playing half games in the preseason. If you want to keep him that fresh and healthy down the stretch, you'd have to find a way to keep his carries under control...ie, a true 'tandem system' as most teams use these days.

There were a handful of guys who would've been excellent #2 options behind Jennings on the market this summer, but thanks to the unfortunate timing of MJD's shenanigans, that obviously isn't an option. Same goes for the opportunity to draft a guy. That ship has long since sailed.

Only way i really see it working would be if we were to snag someone on the waiver wire (hard to imagine anyone worth it there), or swing a last minute deal bringing another good RB in.
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still like to have a complementary piece for Jennings moving forward. He and MJD will compliment each other whenever MJD decides to show up for work, but his days are numbered. I don't know who will be available next April, but a larger, bruising back would compliment Jennings nicely - he comes off hesitant in short yardage situations to me (albeit its a small sample size). .

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
I'd still like to have a complementary piece for Jennings moving forward. He and MJD will compliment each other whenever MJD decides to show up for work, but his days are numbered. I don't know who will be available next April, but a larger, bruising back would compliment Jennings nicely - he comes off hesitant in short yardage situations to me (albeit its a small sample size). .

Gene will find us something nice Smile

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

Yep. MJD or no...a RB has to be on the agenda for the draft next year. Either way, we need to start moving on.

Of course, in retrospect, with the 20-20 hindsight goggles on...it sure would've been nice to have been able to move MJD earlier for picks this year, including say...a 4th rounder where we could've grabbed a guy like Turbin. Razz But sigh, them's the breaks. Sad
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

Yep. MJD or no...a RB has to be on the agenda for the draft next year. Either way, we need to start moving on.

Of course, in retrospect, with the 20-20 hindsight goggles on...it sure would've been nice to have been able to move MJD earlier for picks this year, including say...a 4th rounder where we could've grabbed a guy like Turbin. Razz But sigh, them's the breaks. Sad

Man that woulda been nice. I woulda loved Turbin in a Jags uni. He was my favorite RB outta the 2012 class.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to sit Jennings the rest of the preseason and not risk a pointless injury with the news of MJD today.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
Time to sit Jennings the rest of the preseason and not risk a pointless injury with the news of MJD today.

well if an injury occured, which i pray it wont. im sure that would cause are front office to cave an give MJD what he wants.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:

Yea, I'm wondering about that too

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wonder how Jennings can do for a full season. Anyone think he has a 1000 yard season in him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: