Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason game 2 : Giants vs. Tebow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince played well. Stuck with his man. Not that he saw much in terms of talent, as Hill was against Cweb mostly, and Sanchez doesn't even look deep.

Randle ran past Revis on one pass (we threw a screen on the play). Cruz was behind him on the Landry int as well.

Hill was killing Tryon up the sideline. Blew past the press. Couldnt tell if it was the S or Tryon leaving him so open. Remember the ball Tebow underthrew in the 3rd? Hill was that open three times.

Wilson wasnt impressive tonight.

Love Hosley. Hope its not a serious injury.

Wanted to focus more on Robinson, but i had a bit too much to drink and couldnt focus on anything late in the game.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:

2. Cruz plays scared. He hears footsteps and gets worried about the hit. He got hit by Landry and the next catch he was jittery and dropped a pass as soon as he felt a defender near him (thats the way it looked anyway) because he was more worried about the hit.

Cruz is in a contract year and secondly its a pre-season game. Do you really want to get injured in a meaningless game? Think about that.

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Horrible INT thrown by Eli earlier. Very disappointing. Mad

Eli said that the pass wasnt intended for the receiver and that he intended to throw it away.

Last edited by reckless123 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Quote:
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Jayron Hosley has a boot on his right foot. Not sure how serious it is. #NYG

hope he's fine. he's been shining so far. would suck if he's out for a long time.

he did it while high-stepping from the int. He seems like one of them ball-hawks. One of the scouts and i think Jerry said it has well that he had first round talent but fell because of the failed drug test. Supposedly the manningham of CBs.

bagh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
bagh wrote:

2. Cruz plays scared. He hears footsteps and gets worried about the hit. He got hit by Landry and the next catch he was jittery and dropped a pass as soon as he felt a defender near him (thats the way it looked anyway) because he was more worried about the hit.

Cruz is in a contract year and secondly its a pre-season game. Do you really want to get injured in a meaningless game? Think about that.

I am aware that it is a pre-season game and apparently you didnt read the other post where I point to a potential that it can be a pattern with Cruz where he usually muffs the passes in the middle where he is more likely to get hit dating back to last season.

In fact, most of his biggest success and highlight plays tended to be near the sideline (See Jets game and See Cowboys game, the second one, for key exmples). What I am worried about is whether or not this will manifest again in the regular season.

Think about that.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few quick take aways from last nights scrimmage against the JV team.

-Danny Ware is miserable and needs to lose significant time to Wilson over the next 2 weeks. On one series, this is what Ware managed: rush for negative yards, rush for negative yards, drop a screen pass, blow an assignment that resulted in a (semi)blocked punt. I ask you, can you do a worse job on a series? You'd be hard pressed to top that pathetic effort.

-More Rueben Randall please. Sick catch by 82 last night. With Nicks out, it is important to get Randall more snaps. Not just for his own good, but for Eli's as well. Randall's skill set is the closest to Nicks' and it would be nice to allow your QB to get a few snaps with something that might resemble our starting lineup.

-Ramses Barden, its not me, its you. It is hard not to like the guy, but you can't maintain a relationship just because you like someone. I was a big advocate of his in the draft and tried to stay positive about him. At this point, it is hard to see him ever moving up past 5th on the WR depth chart. His hands are suspect, he regularly falls down while running routes, and he just doesn't look comfortable out there. He looks like a basketball player just flopping around out there... the truth hurts.

-Jayron Hosely was a tremendous pick by Reese. He looks so smooth in coverage. His acceleration to the ball on that interception was impressive. Anyone got a 40 time on this kid? My brother goes to Va Tech and keeps repeating himself about the 2 Hokies we drafted. They were 2 of his favorite players when they were at VT. I'm very excited to see more of these two players.

-Glad to see Adrian Tracy getting a shot to move back to DE. He has had some injuries and was placed in a role that he clearly was not comfortable in. Because of our depth, he is in a tough spot. But he did look good getting of at the line of scrimmage. He has potential to be a solid speed rusher. If not with us, then perhaps with another team.

-Not sure if Mark Sanchez threw a pass more than 10 yards last night. Check down, check down, check down is all I saw out of their inept offense. If the Jets can't ride Shonn Greene for 30 carries a game, they are in serious trouble. I give it 6 weeks before Tebow Time.

-These refs are painful to watch. If nothing else, I've gained an appreciation for the REAL NFL officials and can't wait to see them back. We can't have this during the regular season, there is too much at stake to let this band of misfits call a game.

Again, little to no injuries on our side last night. Thats the biggest win of all.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
bagh wrote:

I am aware that it is a pre-season game and apparently you didnt read the other post where I point to a potential that it can be a pattern with Cruz where he usually muffs the passes in the middle where he is more likely to get hit dating back to last season.

In fact, most of his biggest success and highlight plays tended to be near the sideline (See Jets game and See Cowboys game, the second one, for key exmples). What I am worried about is whether or not this will manifest again in the regular season.

Think about that.

If Cruz does better on the outside the coaches need to find a guy who can be the slot receiver so Cruz can do what he does best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to interrupt, but that 3rd string QB you guys have Ryan P. is looking outstanding out there. Albeit against 3rd stringers, but he is playing efficient and showing great poise. I think he could be a great backup for Eli.

What do you guys think of him?

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
A few quick take aways from last nights scrimmage against the JV team.

-Danny Ware is miserable and needs to lose significant time to Wilson over the next 2 weeks. On one series, this is what Ware managed: rush for negative yards, rush for negative yards, drop a screen pass, blow an assignment that resulted in a (semi)blocked punt. I ask you, can you do a worse job on a series? You'd be hard pressed to top that pathetic effort.

-More Rueben Randall please. Sick catch by 82 last night. With Nicks out, it is important to get Randall more snaps. Not just for his own good, but for Eli's as well. Randall's skill set is the closest to Nicks' and it would be nice to allow your QB to get a few snaps with something that might resemble our starting lineup.

-Ramses Barden, its not me, its you. It is hard not to like the guy, but you can't maintain a relationship just because you like someone. I was a big advocate of his in the draft and tried to stay positive about him. At this point, it is hard to see him ever moving up past 5th on the WR depth chart. His hands are suspect, he regularly falls down while running routes, and he just doesn't look comfortable out there. He looks like a basketball player just flopping around out there... the truth hurts.

-Jayron Hosely was a tremendous pick by Reese. He looks so smooth in coverage. His acceleration to the ball on that interception was impressive. Anyone got a 40 time on this kid? My brother goes to Va Tech and keeps repeating himself about the 2 Hokies we drafted. They were 2 of his favorite players when they were at VT. I'm very excited to see more of these two players.

-Glad to see Adrian Tracy getting a shot to move back to DE. He has had some injuries and was placed in a role that he clearly was not comfortable in. Because of our depth, he is in a tough spot. But he did look good getting of at the line of scrimmage. He has potential to be a solid speed rusher. If not with us, then perhaps with another team.

-Not sure if Mark Sanchez threw a pass more than 10 yards last night. Check down, check down, check down is all I saw out of their inept offense. If the Jets can't ride Shonn Greene for 30 carries a game, they are in serious trouble. I give it 6 weeks before Tebow Time.

-These refs are painful to watch. If nothing else, I've gained an appreciation for the REAL NFL officials and can't wait to see them back. We can't have this during the regular season, there is too much at stake to let this band of misfits call a game.

Again, little to no injuries on our side last night. Thats the biggest win of all.

Bolded: The O-Line gave him no room to run.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
Sorry to interrupt, but that 3rd string QB you guys have Ryan P. is looking outstanding out there. Albeit against 3rd stringers, but he is playing efficient and showing great poise. I think he could be a great backup for Eli.

What do you guys think of him?

Not really sure TBH. Looks good against the 3rd stringers and is a good athlete. I think we need to see him play a bit more before we decide how much we like him. I don't think he's making the 53 man roster
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
bagh wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
bagh wrote:

Think about that.

If Cruz does better on the outside the coaches need to find a guy who can be the slot receiver so Cruz can do what he does best.

He is a best in the slot, he can play outside but he is more effective in the slot.

bagh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

We dont need a traditional slot. We just need another guy who can move to all 3 WR spots. I think Randle fits the bill.

He has speed and can go across the middle.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching the 2nd half. Here's what I got from the game..

- Our running game suuuucks. David Wilson, who for some reason didn't get snaps until the fourth quarter once again, is our only hope. Bradshaw has lost a step. DJ Ware just isn't good. Wilson needs to start getting relevant snaps.

- In just one play, Randle showed why he's going to be the 3rd receiver ahead of Hixon, Jernigan and Barden. I was surprised by how well built he is, especially in the lower body. I had imagined a much more lanky receiver.

- I'm really hoping Hosley's injury is something minor. I thought Prince played much better yesterday. Between Prince, Hosley and Hill, we have some talented youth in the secondary. Hopefully that carries over in the regular season. The Giants plan on using both Hosley and Hill this year judging by the fact that they were two of the first reserves in the game.

- Keith Rivers was in on a few plays as well. Again, hopefully Boley and Jaquian get healthy because we may finally have a half way decent LB corp.

- I'm a big Laron Landry fan and wanted the Giants to take a look at him as the in the box safety. I think the Jets got a steal, and I'm thrilled he's no longer on the Redskins. He's a physical freak.

- The Jets are going to be lucky to finish 6-10. Knowing Rexy, he wanted to win that game more than anyone on the Giants sideline, and they still stunk it up. This could be his last year.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
skrILL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't I tell you guys Hosley is a stud?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Hosley has turf toe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: