Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tarvaris Jackson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackMan22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the attitude that some of you have, where you concede that this is a terrible team without Rodgers, why even waste the roster spot on a backup QB? With your attitude, if Rodgers goes down, just kneel down 3 times then punt on every offensive series. Or better yet, direct snap to the RB and have him sprint out of the back of the end zone for a safety. This will virtually guarantee the best draft pick possible.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
My only point is that if I can pick between 4 games won or 8, I choose the 8 every time. I also make any move I can within reason to get me to that 8 games if possible.

Now with that all said, this might be much to do about nothing. If Mac feels Harrell is his guy I'm not going to call him over the rug on it. Too much goes on behind closed doors when it comes to being a good QB and Mac has probably forgotten more about molding a young QB than I know.

I have faith that this brass will have what it feels is the best for this club's long and short term health there come week 1. It's not like I'm saying to give up a 1st round pick for McCoy.

As a member of the organization your stance has to be that.

As a fan, my stance isn't at all like that. A 4 or 8 win season would be equally disappointing to me. I wouldn't get any postseason chance with either of them. So I'll take the excitement later in the draft process instead!

Fair enough.

My stance will never change here. But I can see your POV also, I guess. I have been around this game all my life though. Good chance this Packers staff sees that thing from the same set of eyes I do.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
My only point is that I'm saying to give up a 1st round pick for McCoy.

Shocked
WHAT!?!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Laughing

I see what ya did there. Did go back to see if I typed that though.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

not really.

i choose 4 every time.

Then we can get a guy like B.J. Raji and win a super bowl the next year.

Draft slot is irrelevant to The White Wizard. He would have gotten BJ Raji at 32 that year!

As for T-Jax, I'd be cool with it. He was good enough to take the Vikings to the playoffs one year, even if they *were* one-and-done. But we have a much better coach then what he had then (Childress) so there's that too.

I guess I'd be okay with sending them a 6th for that.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
I'm all for it. We could work with him.

Prepare to be utterly dissapointed then.

The Vikings worked so hard to help Tarvaris progress. We gave him time, and over a few seasons, we gave him some weapons. We were waiting for the game to slow down for him, for him to develop command on the field, and look like a long term option. But that never happened. Neither the Vikings or Tarvaris ever showed the confidence to be great.

In Greenbay, he would have great recieving options, but there is just too much about his game that makes you feel like mentally, he just doesn't have it. Too many times he goes out there and looks like a rookie.

I was Jackson's biggest fan for a long time when he was a Viking, but you just aren't getting much of anything out of him. If Rodgers goes down, Its a tough road for you guys. Plus, he's 1 year older than Rodgers to begin with (Aaron is 28, Tarvaris is 29)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watching the Steelers/Colts game and Charlie Batch and the Johnson kid look really good compared to T-Jax and Harrell.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Just watching the Steelers/Colts game and Charlie Batch and the Johnson kid look really good compared to T-Jax and Harrell.
I could cut off my left arm and it would look better on the field then Harrell.

Kempes on the custom sig!
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Just watched Hot Tub Time Machine today so the loss of a left arm has a whole new meaning to me. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

The Vikings worked so hard to help Tarvaris progress. We gave him time, and over a few seasons, we gave him some weapons. We were waiting for the game to slow down for him, for him to develop command on the field, and look like a long term option. But that never happened. Neither the Vikings or Tarvaris ever showed the confidence to be great.

In Greenbay, he would have great recieving options, but there is just too much about his game that makes you feel like mentally, he just doesn't have it. Too many times he goes out there and looks like a rookie.

I was Jackson's biggest fan for a long time when he was a Viking, but you just aren't getting much of anything out of him. If Rodgers goes down, Its a tough road for you guys. Plus, he's 1 year older than Rodgers to begin with (Aaron is 28, Tarvaris is 29)

Thanks, the insight is appreciated.

As a backup though, you don't think he's alright? He could pick up some things here.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Just watched Hot Tub Time Machine today so the loss of a left arm has a whole new meaning to me. Laughing
I'm intrigued. That movie has been in my Netflix instant queue for like a year and i never got around to actually watching it.

Kempes on the custom sig!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Thanks, the insight is appreciated.

As a backup though, you don't think he's alright? He could pick up some things here.

He's pretty much what you want in a backup QB. His overall game sucks, but I guess if you only need him anywhere from 2 Quarters to 2 games, It won't be so bad. He won't win you games, and for the most part, may not be the sole reason for losing.

With the talent you guys have though, how can a QB possibly go bad? You guys have like 5 WRs who could all make a play 40plus yards down the field. I guess Graham Harrell is the exception. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Jimmy Clauson over Jackson. I'd probably want McCoy over all of them though. It seems to me McCoy wants it, he really truely wants to be a great football player. He doesn't have great physical tools but with a willingness to learn and Mac's help I think he could be a top tier back up. Plus its not like he ever had anything close to these weapons in Cleveland.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'd want Jackson either. I doubt Cleveland will trade/cut McCoy until they think Weedon is truly ready to start full time and they'd keep Wallace as his backup. If I were Holmgren I'd then shop McCoy around and see if I could get a player from another team that plays a position of greatest need. If Cleveland's asking price is too high TT might be waiting to see what is available come cut down days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: