Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Relax Guys its preseason
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Relax Guys its preseason Reply with quote

Everyone seems to thank like these games matter well they don't.

Allot of people who have been running their mouths about how bad the Raiders look because Palmer has thrown 2 picks in preseason seem to be not saying nothing tonight because the other AFC West teams played like crap too.

Manning has thrown 2 more picks tonight and Rivers threw 2 picks tonight and the Chiefs got whipped like a whipping boy.

Raiders will be fighting for the division again and hopefully the defense can show up when we need them to clinch the division this year.

Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darksider


Joined: 14 Nov 2011
Posts: 436
Location: Raiderland, California
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's ok for Manning to throw interceptions because he's PEYTON MANNING Laughing
I'm not worried at all, we will be better this year than we were last year, our defense already looks much improved, we'll be fine guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lock this up! waste of a thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
lock this up! waste of a thread.


Why is it a waste of a thread ?

Not sure if you are serious or just a troll.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9877
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
lock this up! waste of a thread.


I disagree, he has a point. But it's perfectly fine to discuss some of the valid concerns there are with this team. Does it mean our season is over? Of course not, every team in our division has as much holes as we do. At the same time though, I haven't seen anything yet that should spark any major over reactions.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 5754
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told myself to limit my posts during preseason bc after all it is just preseason. I hate seeing the Chicken Little's of the forum wetting their panties and what not so much(You know who you are). It's aggravating, and I try to stay away from it. This thread is needed. From the "cut the project QB!" talk all the way down to the "DHB is complete garbage. Someone get me my tampons!" talk, I'd like to come to a spot where the cool heads reside.
It's just preseason Chicken Little. Relax.
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9877
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I told myself to limit my posts during preseason bc after all it is just preseason. I hate seeing the Chicken Little's of the forum wetting their panties and what not so much(You know who you are). It's aggravating, and I try to stay away from it. This thread is needed. From the "cut the project QB!" talk all the way down to the "DHB is complete garbage. Someone get me my tampons!" talk, I'd like to come to a spot where the cool heads reside.
It's just preseason Chicken Little. Relax.


This is the official cool head thread Cool we can chill here during games lol
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5460
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Relax Guys its preseason Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Everyone seems to thank like these games matter well they don't.

Allot of people who have been running their mouths about how bad the Raiders look because Palmer has thrown 2 picks in preseason seem to be not saying nothing tonight because the other AFC West teams played like crap too.

Manning has thrown 2 more picks tonight and Rivers threw 2 picks tonight and the Chiefs got whipped like a whipping boy.

Raiders will be fighting for the division again and hopefully the defense can show up when we need them to clinch the division this year.

Razz


I'm not panicking but I am a bit confused by the premise of your argument. Are you suggesting that the Raiders look bad but we have nothing to fear because he rest of the division is terrible? Would that be like deriving confidence from being an ugly man at a party full of ugly men?

No thanks. I'd rather just cling to a shred of hope that the offense is sand bagging.
_________________
Raiders 2014 Draft (check out my draft review tell me what you think)
Mancrush 2014: DE Clowney, WR Watkins, OT Robinson, LB Shazier, FS Brooks, TE ASJ, OG Jackson, WR Janis, OT Lucas, OT Tiny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Relax Guys its preseason Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Everyone seems to thank like these games matter well they don't.

Allot of people who have been running their mouths about how bad the Raiders look because Palmer has thrown 2 picks in preseason seem to be not saying nothing tonight because the other AFC West teams played like crap too.

Manning has thrown 2 more picks tonight and Rivers threw 2 picks tonight and the Chiefs got whipped like a whipping boy.

Raiders will be fighting for the division again and hopefully the defense can show up when we need them to clinch the division this year.

Razz


I'm not panicking but I am a bit confused by the premise of your argument. Are you suggesting that the Raiders look bad but we have nothing to fear because he rest of the division is terrible? Would that be like deriving confidence from being an ugly man at a party full of ugly men?

No thanks. I'd rather just cling to a shred of hope that the offense is sand bagging.


The Raiders haven't played great but lets be honest the Packers, Saints, Pats and even the Giants haven't looked great its hard to tell with preseason because you go from starters to second string and so on, when in regular season its starters and guys who rotate there is no first and second.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9877
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Relax Guys its preseason Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Everyone seems to thank like these games matter well they don't.

Allot of people who have been running their mouths about how bad the Raiders look because Palmer has thrown 2 picks in preseason seem to be not saying nothing tonight because the other AFC West teams played like crap too.

Manning has thrown 2 more picks tonight and Rivers threw 2 picks tonight and the Chiefs got whipped like a whipping boy.

Raiders will be fighting for the division again and hopefully the defense can show up when we need them to clinch the division this year.

Razz


I'm not panicking but I am a bit confused by the premise of your argument. Are you suggesting that the Raiders look bad but we have nothing to fear because he rest of the division is terrible? Would that be like deriving confidence from being an ugly man at a party full of ugly men?

No thanks. I'd rather just cling to a shred of hope that the offense is sand bagging.


What he's saying is that just like every other team, there's going to be mistakes made and there's going to be expected growing pains. Don't get discouraged so easily.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21094
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People just don't get it. Nobody would care about Palmer throwing picks if he didn't throw 13 in 7 games last year. Nobody would care about knapp play calling if we haven't seen it suck before. Nobody would care about barnes and Barksdale looking bad if they haven't look bad before. I hate this compairing us to other teams and other qb garbage. Just like jets fans should be concern about their offense, Sanchez, and tebow. Cause it has all sucked recently when it matter not just this preseason. Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14106
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.


Because we only have a couple more weeks to find reasons to be optimistic about the 2012 Raiders before reality hits us all in the face.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9877
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
People just don't get it. Nobody would care about Palmer throwing picks if he didn't throw 13 in 7 games last year. Nobody would care about knapp play calling if we haven't seen it suck before. Nobody would care about barnes and Barksdale looking bad if they haven't look bad before. I hate this compairing us to other teams and other qb garbage. Just like jets fans should be concern about their offense, Sanchez, and tebow. Cause it has all sucked recently when it matter not just this preseason. Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.


Barnes doesn't look bad though. He's just trying to keep people optimistic. No harm done. Noone said don't be concerned, he's just saying not to make claims or jump to conclusions after 2 pre season games. Again, Knapps play calling is really yet to be seen. Can it suck in the regular season? Yes. But not only will we have our best players in for more than a quarter, he can mix it up a bit and he'll have a lot more plays to choose from.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9877
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.


Because we only have a couple more weeks to find reasons to be optimistic about the 2012 Raiders before reality hits us all in the face.



We'll see
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 4474
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Khalif Barnes sucks thing is a myth, he's looked great in PS this year and last year(other than the flags) he was solid.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group