Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Relax Guys its preseason
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Relax Guys its preseason Reply with quote

Everyone seems to thank like these games matter well they don't.

Allot of people who have been running their mouths about how bad the Raiders look because Palmer has thrown 2 picks in preseason seem to be not saying nothing tonight because the other AFC West teams played like crap too.

Manning has thrown 2 more picks tonight and Rivers threw 2 picks tonight and the Chiefs got whipped like a whipping boy.

Raiders will be fighting for the division again and hopefully the defense can show up when we need them to clinch the division this year.

Razz
Darksider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's ok for Manning to throw interceptions because he's PEYTON MANNING Laughing
I'm not worried at all, we will be better this year than we were last year, our defense already looks much improved, we'll be fine guys.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lock this up! waste of a thread.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

Why is it a waste of a thread ?

Not sure if you are serious or just a troll.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

I disagree, he has a point. But it's perfectly fine to discuss some of the valid concerns there are with this team. Does it mean our season is over? Of course not, every team in our division has as much holes as we do. At the same time though, I haven't seen anything yet that should spark any major over reactions.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told myself to limit my posts during preseason bc after all it is just preseason. I hate seeing the Chicken Little's of the forum wetting their panties and what not so much(You know who you are). It's aggravating, and I try to stay away from it. This thread is needed. From the "cut the project QB!" talk all the way down to the "DHB is complete garbage. Someone get me my tampons!" talk, I'd like to come to a spot where the cool heads reside.
It's just preseason Chicken Little. Relax.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I told myself to limit my posts during preseason bc after all it is just preseason. I hate seeing the Chicken Little's of the forum wetting their panties and what not so much(You know who you are). It's aggravating, and I try to stay away from it. This thread is needed. From the "cut the project QB!" talk all the way down to the "DHB is complete garbage. Someone get me my tampons!" talk, I'd like to come to a spot where the cool heads reside.
It's just preseason Chicken Little. Relax.

This is the official cool head thread Cool we can chill here during games lol
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Relax Guys its preseason Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:

Allot of people who have been running their mouths about how bad the Raiders look because Palmer has thrown 2 picks in preseason seem to be not saying nothing tonight because the other AFC West teams played like crap too.

Manning has thrown 2 more picks tonight and Rivers threw 2 picks tonight and the Chiefs got whipped like a whipping boy.

Raiders will be fighting for the division again and hopefully the defense can show up when we need them to clinch the division this year.

Razz

I'm not panicking but I am a bit confused by the premise of your argument. Are you suggesting that the Raiders look bad but we have nothing to fear because he rest of the division is terrible? Would that be like deriving confidence from being an ugly man at a party full of ugly men?

No thanks. I'd rather just cling to a shred of hope that the offense is sand bagging.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Relax Guys its preseason Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Razz

I'm not panicking but I am a bit confused by the premise of your argument. Are you suggesting that the Raiders look bad but we have nothing to fear because he rest of the division is terrible? Would that be like deriving confidence from being an ugly man at a party full of ugly men?

No thanks. I'd rather just cling to a shred of hope that the offense is sand bagging.

The Raiders haven't played great but lets be honest the Packers, Saints, Pats and even the Giants haven't looked great its hard to tell with preseason because you go from starters to second string and so on, when in regular season its starters and guys who rotate there is no first and second.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Relax Guys its preseason Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Razz

What he's saying is that just like every other team, there's going to be mistakes made and there's going to be expected growing pains. Don't get discouraged so easily.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People just don't get it. Nobody would care about Palmer throwing picks if he didn't throw 13 in 7 games last year. Nobody would care about knapp play calling if we haven't seen it suck before. Nobody would care about barnes and Barksdale looking bad if they haven't look bad before. I hate this compairing us to other teams and other qb garbage. Just like jets fans should be concern about their offense, Sanchez, and tebow. Cause it has all sucked recently when it matter not just this preseason. Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.

Because we only have a couple more weeks to find reasons to be optimistic about the 2012 Raiders before reality hits us all in the face.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
People just don't get it. Nobody would care about Palmer throwing picks if he didn't throw 13 in 7 games last year. Nobody would care about knapp play calling if we haven't seen it suck before. Nobody would care about barnes and Barksdale looking bad if they haven't look bad before. I hate this compairing us to other teams and other qb garbage. Just like jets fans should be concern about their offense, Sanchez, and tebow. Cause it has all sucked recently when it matter not just this preseason. Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.

Barnes doesn't look bad though. He's just trying to keep people optimistic. No harm done. Noone said don't be concerned, he's just saying not to make claims or jump to conclusions after 2 pre season games. Again, Knapps play calling is really yet to be seen. Can it suck in the regular season? Yes. But not only will we have our best players in for more than a quarter, he can mix it up a bit and he'll have a lot more plays to choose from.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.

Because we only have a couple more weeks to find reasons to be optimistic about the 2012 Raiders before reality hits us all in the face.

We'll see
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Khalif Barnes sucks thing is a myth, he's looked great in PS this year and last year(other than the flags) he was solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: