Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Projected 53 Man Rosters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefsfaninCR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
I'd describe Maneri differently.. he tried to be an off lineman and packed on weight.. but it didn't work for him (read: failed) so he shed the weight again and went back to his natural position TE.

Travis Daniels can play CB and S! He's versatile! Should we forgo keeping a guy like Elam because he's just a safety.. that way we can get Daniels on the field more too? I say that tongue in cheek obviously.

Daboll's offense thus far has shown it uses a FB.. so I'd expect there will be a FB on the roster. And at this point I'd expect that to be Eachus as he ran with the 1's in game and in practice since then despite Bannon's return.

I don't think this will limit Maneri in any way, as I also expect to see 3 TE sets at times and him or one of the others shifting into an H-back and lead blocking on occasion as well. I say that despite not one single report from TC thus far mentioning ANY TE lining up in the backfield in any form thus far.

You guys are contending a guy can do something that so far.. you've never seen him do. This is Football's Future so that idea isn't without merit.. but at least concede it's much more unlikely a solution that will bring great success than actually having a FB on the roster might bring.

Arrowhead86 has hit the hammer on the head.

Look at the highlights from Chiefs Live and the Cards game, there is a LOT of FB in the back field. Also people might not realize is the history of the Parcells couching backround (Piloi + Crennel+ Carthon(FB for Parcells )) with in the Offense.

There is no doubt that Carthon will pull for Bannon, do to he was the one who pushed to draft him.

Also we are trying to mix the NE TE sets and the old Parcells old school smash you in the face, down hill running, that requires a FB in most running teams.

Daboll is a very smart OC, and he is not going to over work his players. And is not going to risk an injury to TonyMo or Hillis do to there were playing HB or FB.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had a true legit fb fine but eachus at fb looked like nothing more than a gimmick to me with him whiffing at half his blocks or at best just "getting in the way".
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the Mike and Mike show just did the Chiefs preview and they like the team, but both guys mentioned we don't have good depth so if one of our key guys goes down we're in trouble. lol
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Hey the Mike and Mike show just did the Chiefs preview and they like the team, but both guys mentioned we don't have good depth so if one of our key guys goes down we're in trouble.

QFT (intentionally without the final *lol*)

We may have thought the Chiefs built sufficient depth - but now:

Who's going to replace Flowers?
Who's going to replace Lewis (and who's the #3 S they use so often if Elam takes Lewis' spot?)
Who's going to replace Tamba?

Quite a few more positions that come to mind where they have people which are fine for spot duty - but nor to carry the bulk of a game.

Oh, Rage - here's one for you: who's going to take over if Cassel goes down?
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Hey the Mike and Mike show just did the Chiefs preview and they like the team, but both guys mentioned we don't have good depth so if one of our key guys goes down we're in trouble.

QFT (intentionally without the final *lol*)

We may have thought the Chiefs built sufficient depth - but now:

Who's going to replace Flowers?
Who's going to replace Lewis (and who's the #3 S they use so often if Elam takes Lewis' spot?)
Who's going to replace Tamba?

Quite a few more positions that come to mind where they have people which are fine for spot duty - but nor to carry the bulk of a game.

Oh, Rage - here's one for you: who's going to take over if Cassel goes down?

While I pleaded to take a good safety and CB in the draft and sign a veteran QB, Pioli wouldn't listen to me. That doesn't mean we're not ok without these guys. We've got a full team and thats what wins games. Other teams are also likely to have a guy out and a not so hot replacement. If Cassel does go down, I have no doubt the other two can also manage the game as long as Quinn doesn't throw too many high balls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: