Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dexter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
UnderAchiever


Joined: 02 Nov 2010
Posts: 52
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCluster has suffered from idiotic play calling more than anything, and has still managed to produce. 3rd and 23, let's call a draw play to McCluster. That'll catch 'em off guard...except we do it every time.

Hopefully that nonsense is done, and Daboll has figured out how to put this kid to use in a more productive manner. Has he lit the world on fire? No, but I think he can be a dangerous weapon to go along with several other dangerous weapons. And if we stay healthy, they can't cover all of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1961
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

Oh I am sorry the dude is worth a 1st round b/c he lead the team in ypc last season/scored a punt return TD in 2010.

He lead the YPC. Sure but did you see who our RB's are?

You call him a TD waiting. Yet the dude has 4 TDs in 2 season. I wouldn't call him a TD waiting in any offense we field.

Doesn't drop the ball? If you are talking about catching the ball fine but he drops the ball pretty much every time he hits the ground. He fumbled 4 times last year 6 in two years.


Anyways players don't yield that much in trades. Unless they are great or are the Raiders that want to trade for a sucky player. Mccluster is average with a fumbling issue. I would be surprised if we get a 4th.


Never said he was worth a 1st...He's also not a true RB, so what he did filling is was pretty good. I also said he's a TD waiting to happen in THIS YEAR'S offense. A team that could get good use out of him like say the Saints if Sproles went down for the year or the Pats if Welker retired or was traded, etc..would probly give up like a 3rd.

Sounds like in reality, you are more down on the coaching and playcalling of the past than anything that actually has to do with Dex.


I said any offense we field. That includes this year. Wink

Sproles is a mini tank. McCluster is not. Welker can pretty much catch anything coming his way. Can McCluster?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 11114
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Andy Reid on Tommy Bahama Shirts wrote:
You wear them and you can hide cheeseburgers underneath and no one will ever know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Hahaha, you read my mind.

So, the more I think about this, is McCluster going to be used as our slot WR, even with Bowe coming back? With Breaston just being used as a 4th WR who may sometimes rotate in place of Baldwin or Bowe?

With Baldwin and Bowe on the outside, I can see McCluster dominating out of the slot.
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22788
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that McCluster, Baldwin and Wylie are all 3 in our long term plans, but Breaston will likely be allowed to walk next year (?) and depending on how things go with Bowe, it'll essentially be up to him as to whether he truly WANTS to be a Chief long term. I think that's the main reason for moving DMX back to WR and also the drafting of Wylie. It at least gives us the ability to move on from Bowe and/or Breaston if need be, but it doesn't REQUIRE we do so. If that's the thought process behind these moves, it's damn smart. Obviously, none of us can truly be 100% sure of whether that was the plan or not, but it makes the most sense IMO.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
I'm thinking that McCluster, Baldwin and Wylie are all 3 in our long term plans, but Breaston will likely be allowed to walk next year (?) and depending on how things go with Bowe, it'll essentially be up to him as to whether he truly WANTS to be a Chief long term. I think that's the main reason for moving DMX back to WR and also the drafting of Wylie. It at least gives us the ability to move on from Bowe and/or Breaston if need be, but it doesn't REQUIRE we do so. If that's the thought process behind these moves, it's damn smart. Obviously, none of us can truly be 100% sure of whether that was the plan or not, but it makes the most sense IMO.



This makes the most sense. We will keep one of Bowe or Breaston, depending on their play this year and how much money they want. This allows Pioli to hope for a complimentary pick which we know he has a hard on for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 3881
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:



I said any offense we field. That includes this year. Wink

Sproles is a mini tank. McCluster is not. Welker can pretty much catch anything coming his way. Can McCluster?


So just because he's not Sproles or Welker means he ain't a TD waiting to happen or worth atleast a 4th rounder? Confused

Weren't Sproles numbers similar to DMX's before he left SD for NO? He even had a good QB in SD. Sproles was always that good, but he wasn't used right/enough...sound familiar? DMX ain't quite that good, but he's plenty dangerous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 3881
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
I'm thinking that McCluster, Baldwin and Wylie are all 3 in our long term plans, but Breaston will likely be allowed to walk next year (?) and depending on how things go with Bowe, it'll essentially be up to him as to whether he truly WANTS to be a Chief long term. I think that's the main reason for moving DMX back to WR and also the drafting of Wylie. It at least gives us the ability to move on from Bowe and/or Breaston if need be, but it doesn't REQUIRE we do so. If that's the thought process behind these moves, it's damn smart. Obviously, none of us can truly be 100% sure of whether that was the plan or not, but it makes the most sense IMO.


I'm not saying you're wrong, but what would be the purpose of DMX and Wylie both being in the long term plans? (Giving them both new contracts after their rookie ones expire). They are the same type of WR, wouldn't one have to be delegated to a seldom used backup role (as Wylie will be this year?). Assuming they are both better than that, it won't work. I mean, give us a real QB and maybe we line up 4 wide more often. Even if Stanzi becomes our guy and a top 15 QB, we'd still be a run first team as long as JC and Hillis/somebody else is here.

I love Wylie and think he can help us in the right situations, I just kind of question the pick that high in the draft with DMX already here, a run first team, with a below avg QB. I like having the depth though, I guess I was just thinking a S there would have been more useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22788
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I'm not saying you're wrong, but what would be the purpose of DMX and Wylie both being in the long term plans? (Giving them both new contracts after their rookie ones expire). They are the same type of WR, wouldn't one have to be delegated to a seldom used backup role (as Wylie will be this year?). Assuming they are both better than that, it won't work. I mean, give us a real QB and maybe we line up 4 wide more often. Even if Stanzi becomes our guy and a top 15 QB, we'd still be a run first team as long as JC and Hillis/somebody else is here.

I love Wylie and think he can help us in the right situations, I just kind of question the pick that high in the draft with DMX already here, a run first team, with a below avg QB. I like having the depth though, I guess I was just thinking a S there would have been more useful.


While similar in stature, they're very different players. Dex doesn't have great top end speed, but is elite in terms of short area quickness and is very good at setting up blocks with good vision as a ballcarrier. Wylie is a guy who reminds me a lot of Dante Hall and Johnny Knox. Both had elite speed, above average (but not great) hands and can juke you out of your shoes. I see Wylie as a prototypical 4th WR who can stretch the field and also has the agility to play slot in a pinch. Dex's limits are as a slot WR and utility man at RB or even in the return game.

That said, I've also questioned the DMX pick ever since it was made. I still remember being uber confused and a little pissed off when the pick was announced. I didn't understand it at the time and a couple years later, I'm still not sure I do. Their only reasoning behind the pick was that we were trying to get faster as a team. Dafuq?
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 3881
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dante=elite speed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22788
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Dante=elite speed?


Umm...yeah?
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1961
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:



I said any offense we field. That includes this year. Wink

Sproles is a mini tank. McCluster is not. Welker can pretty much catch anything coming his way. Can McCluster?


So just because he's not Sproles or Welker means he ain't a TD waiting to happen or worth atleast a 4th rounder? Confused

Weren't Sproles numbers similar to DMX's before he left SD for NO? He even had a good QB in SD. Sproles was always that good, but he wasn't used right/enough...sound familiar? DMX ain't quite that good, but he's plenty dangerous.


Since when did I say "since he is not Sproles/Welker he isn't going to put up TD's?"

I was just comparing those players that you brought up. Sproles was used more is why his stats went up. He is still in pretty much the same role as he was in SD. So you say well see we didn't use McCluster enough him and Sproles touched the ball around the same amount. Only reason Sproles got more touches is B/C of the return game. Which is where I think we need to use him more.


Also Chiefer I didn't say Welker caught everything his way. I know he still drops passes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10096
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dante was expected to be a Sproles-type waepon, and while we'rve seen glimpses can't say I'd be glad to see anymore....unless it's against the Raiders....only.
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 3881
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:



I said any offense we field. That includes this year. Wink

Sproles is a mini tank. McCluster is not. Welker can pretty much catch anything coming his way. Can McCluster?


So just because he's not Sproles or Welker means he ain't a TD waiting to happen or worth atleast a 4th rounder? Confused

Weren't Sproles numbers similar to DMX's before he left SD for NO? He even had a good QB in SD. Sproles was always that good, but he wasn't used right/enough...sound familiar? DMX ain't quite that good, but he's plenty dangerous.


Since when did I say "since he is not Sproles/Welker he isn't going to put up TD's?"

I was just comparing those players that you brought up. Sproles was used more is why his stats went up. He is still in pretty much the same role as he was in SD. So you say well see we didn't use McCluster enough him and Sproles touched the ball around the same amount. Only reason Sproles got more touches is B/C of the return game. Which is where I think we need to use him more.


Also Chiefer I didn't say Welker caught everything his way. I know he still drops passes.


I said he's a TD waiting to happen in this offense, you disagreed stating "not in any offense".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group