Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New 1st round; Top 10 w/pics, explanations for top 12
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: New 1st round; Top 10 w/pics, explanations for top 12 Reply with quote

This order is pretty random. Some things I agree with for the order, some I dont. Don't complain, anything could happen. Please ask for an explanation on your team if I didn't provide one.

1. Jags- Matt Barkley QB USC
-Gabbert will most likely struggle, and the new owner wants "his guy". Barkley is going to be the #1 QB taken this year. I can see the love for Logan Thomas, just don't see it happening. Barkley's been under the spot light since middle school. The Jags get a good one here.

2. Vikings- Star Lotulelei DT Utah
-Lotulelei is going to have a big year. With Utah in a new conference, he's going to have a bigger audience to check out his skills. He's the best interior player in the draft, and will help the Vikings D greatly. They will discuss going offense (Woods or Thomas) or even Amerson, but Lotulelei has to much talent to pass on.

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/805/268/107687657_display_image.jpg?1326703304[/img]

3. Colts- Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU
-With a new coach coming in, they have to get guys to fit their schemes. They already have some guys in place, but Mingo would be a great addition. They could go Woods or Amerson, but I think Mingo is too athletic and too perfect of a fit in the new 3-4 defense.

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/767/930/130206075_display_image.jpg?1325836549[/img]

4. Rams- Robert Woods WR USC

-This doesn't really need an explanation really. While they have some good depth talent, they don't have a #1 guy. I would go tackle, but for #4 that's too high for a right tackle, there's no S or LB worth this high, and they're pretty decent everywhere else.

5. Dolphins- Jarvis Jones DE/OLB Georgia
-Although they drafted Vernon in the 3rd last year, he's no where near the talent Jones is. Jones is my favorite defensive player this year. He's going to be special.. Actually, he'll be the best defensive player in the draft. H.O.F. type of potential. Miami, you got a great one here.

6. Bucs- Tyler Bray QB Tennessee
-I really like Josh Freeman, but with a new coach coming in, it's time for a change. He was pretty good his rookie year, then it has just gone down hill from then. Tampa has all the right pieces, but this shows what happens when you dont have a QB. Bray will take Tampa to the playoffs next year with this team.

[img]http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/000/511/077/hi-res-106891149_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=231&q=85[/img]

7. Cardinals- Logan Thomas QB VT
-Just like Tampa above, the Cardinals have good pieces around the QB, they just need a QB. Thomas is going to be an absolute beast, and will play more like a Big Ben than a Cam Newton (Just so we're clear). Thomas has the potential to be the best QB in this decently talented class.

8. Rams (From Redskins)- D.J. Fluker OT Alabama
-They got their #1 WR, so now protect Bradford. Fluker is worth the pick at #8, as I believe he'll have a monster year and claim being the #1 OT taken in the draft. Think about that, Rams fans: You'll have the best WR and OT out of this draft.. nice right?

9. Raiders- Jonathon Hankins NT Ohio State
-Kelly is getting older, and probably is better at DE in the 3-4 anyways. Hankins is a beast, and could go higher than this, depending on the type of year he has.

10. Browns- Sam Montgomery DE LSU
-The Browns finally get the pass rusher they need. Montgomery is a good pass rusher and should start right away, shoring up the DL and giving them 4 good young players that should play together for years. They could take a look at Amerson here as well.

11. Seahawks- Da’Rick Rogers WR Tennessee
-This is a bold pick, as I have Rogers rated above Wilson and Allen (Hunter is staying). They don't really have a true #1, just some solid guys.

12. Chiefs- David Amerson CB North Carolina State
-This is a BPA pick. They don't really need him, but he is the best player by far here and would really give them a really good secondary. Him, Flowers and Berry would be awesome. He could also play safety next to Berry.

13. Jets- Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
14.Titans- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
15. Falcons- Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas
16. Bengals- Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
17. Bills- Keenan Allen WR California
18. Bears- John Cooper G North Carolina
19. Eagles- Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
20. Cowboys- Eric Reid S LSU
21. Steelers- Manti T’eo MLB Notre Dame
22. Panthers- Chris Faulk OT LSU
23. Chargers- Jonathon Banks CB Mississippi State
24. Lions- Barrett Jones OG/OT Alabama
25. Saints- Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State
26. Ravens- Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
27. Giants-Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
28. Broncos- Bjorn Warner DE Florida State
29. Texans- Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
30. 49ers- Jesse Williams DT Alabama
31. Patriots- Kawaan Short DL Purdue
32. Packers- Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad pick for the Bengals.

For now.
bigdog2372

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: New 1st round; Top 10 w/pics, explanations for top 12 Reply with quote

Marky wrote:

-I really like Josh Freeman, but with a new coach coming in, it's time for a change. He was pretty good his rookie year, then it has just gone down hill from then. Tampa has all the right pieces, but this shows what happens when you dont have a QB. Bray will take Tampa to the playoffs next year with this team.

This is really a silly explanation. Schiano is already here and he has talked about how much he loves Freeman. Freeman isn't even being discussed as a concern aound here. Actually, to set the timeline right, he was decent his rookie year even though he only started 7 games but he was STELLAR his second year. Last year was not nearly as good as 2010 but it certainly wasn't terrible. Even if he does below average this year (which I severely doubt), they will keep him because it's a new system for everyone and they will give him a year to learn it. We are only a few pieces away from being a really good team we won't reset everything at this point by drafting a new QB for no reason. DB or DL makes WAY more sense here.

Big "Thanks" to IAmPacman for creating this Sig!
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings:

As much as I like the DT pick, if we're picking 2nd overall, Leslie Frazier is not retained as the coach and the probability is high that the new coach takes a QB.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
Not a bad pick for the Bengals.

For now.

Agreed

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Vikings:

As much as I like the DT pick, if we're picking 2nd overall, Leslie Frazier is not retained as the coach and the probability is high that the new coach takes a QB.

I agree with this, but if Ponder looks okay and it is because Peterson isn't 100% or defense is terrible, DT is a great pick.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears do need help at OG…but not as high as 18th overall…and especially with the superior talent that is left on the board…if Chris Faulk shows he has LT feet he would be a far better pick…as would guys like T’eo & Banks since they would also fill needs.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick for the Browns.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Tha King

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now I don't see the Cowboys going Safety round 1,judging by the way this draft has gone Barrett Jones would be the more likely choice.
BBando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New 1st round; Top 10 w/pics, explanations for top 12 Reply with quote

bigdog2372 wrote:
Marky wrote:

This is really a silly explanation. Schiano is already here and he has talked about how much he loves Freeman. Freeman isn't even being discussed as a concern aound here. Actually, to set the timeline right, he was decent his rookie year even though he only started 7 games but he was STELLAR his second year. Last year was not nearly as good as 2010 but it certainly wasn't terrible. Even if he does below average this year (which I severely doubt), they will keep him because it's a new system for everyone and they will give him a year to learn it. We are only a few pieces away from being a really good team we won't reset everything at this point by drafting a new QB for no reason. DB or DL makes WAY more sense here.
If we were taking a QB. Bray would be one of the last ones I will take in the top 10. Kid is immature.
Nobody

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we did take Bark, we'd need to take a CB round two, but I love Mingo. Great speed and size.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the Te'o pick.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No

The 9ers cannot draft Jesse Williams. I would be heartbroken if a division rival drafts the first ever Aussie in the NFL.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley is not that great and doesn't have the arm for Mularkey's system...not only that, Gabbert isn't on the hot seat, and is Shad's guy.

Any other player at any other position is better there.

#JDI
ASM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears took a G while Manti T'eo is on the board, my head might explode.

2009-2010 Chicago Bears Forum Pick-em Champion

"I don't hold grudges, but I've got a good memory." -Mike Ditka

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: