Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Allegations against Loomis.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Connoisseur wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Quote:
"This has been an intensive investigation, and after numerous interviews we have determined that there is no evidence that state laws have been violated," State Police Col. Mike Edmonson said Monday after meeting with Saints owner Tom Benson in New Orleans to brief him on the status of the probe.

Quote:
"We found no corroborating evidence that Mickey Loomis or anybody in the Saints was engaged in wiretapping or eavesdropping," Edmonson said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8265635/state-police-no-evidence-new-orleans-saints-eavesdropping

not surprising.

I love how ESPN devoted an entire hour long show to this story, then when it's proven untrue they just run it on the ticker once or twice Laughing Laughing

Hmmmm. I just remember a bunch of people on ESPN saying they didn't believe it... Confused Question

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever started this lie should be tied to the Steve Gleason statue outside the Dome opening day.
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
QB Connoisseur wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Quote:
"This has been an intensive investigation, and after numerous interviews we have determined that there is no evidence that state laws have been violated," State Police Col. Mike Edmonson said Monday after meeting with Saints owner Tom Benson in New Orleans to brief him on the status of the probe.

Quote:
"We found no corroborating evidence that Mickey Loomis or anybody in the Saints was engaged in wiretapping or eavesdropping," Edmonson said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8265635/state-police-no-evidence-new-orleans-saints-eavesdropping

not surprising.

I love how ESPN devoted an entire hour long show to this story, then when it's proven untrue they just run it on the ticker once or twice Laughing Laughing

Hmmmm. I just remember a bunch of people on ESPN saying they didn't believe it... Confused Question

Lol?

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have a problem with ESPN reporting the story? I thought you were upset about ESPN jumping on and basically saying the Saints were guilty (which wasn't in that video or article.) I guess I'm confused about what point you're trying to make.

Like I said, I remember Schefter just flatout saying "I don't believe it. These allegations don't make any sense."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
So you have a problem with ESPN reporting the story? I thought you were upset about ESPN jumping on and basically saying the Saints were guilty (which wasn't in that video or article.) I guess I'm confused about what point you're trying to make.

Like I said, I remember Schefter just flatout saying "I don't believe it. These allegations don't make any sense."

There were TONS of people talking about how it doesn't make sense...especially former coaches.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

There were TONS of people talking about how it doesn't make sense...especially former coaches.

Yeah, that's what I remember. I think this was 1 or 2 people trying to kick the Saints when they were down, and pretty much everyone else was like. "Uhhhhh, no?"

I don't have any problem with ESPN devoting a lot of time to the story, that's their job.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN is partially to blame because they are the employer of the guy that reported false information. There needs to be more accountability in journalism. You can just throw stuff out there and hope it sticks...these are real people with real lives that you are affecting. The other ESPN reporters and anchors did not believe it happened. Kudos for them for not piling on. But I hope that Loomis sews Barr and ESPN. He would and should win because he without a doubt in my mind was defamed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: