Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Healthy Crabtree running better than ever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Healthy Crabtree running better than ever Reply with quote

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Healthy-Crabtree-is-running-better-than-?blockID=757611&feedID=5936

Quote:
Rogers rates Crabtree's hands up there among the best receivers in the game, comparable to those belonging to Fitzgerald. Where Rogers has seen a noticeable improvement is with Crabtree's foot speed. Crabtree was healthy for the 49ers' entire offseason program. And it appears the eight practices he missed with a right calf strain was a mere speed bump. Greg Roman said he agrees with Rogers that Crabtree is running much better than a year ago. "He was playing last year on a bad wheel and battled his way through it," Roman said.

Q+A with Crabtree in there also.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabtree in the last ten or so regular season games was playing very well. Obviously that wasn't the case in the playoffs, but this is great news. Also loving the little competition Crabtree and Rogers have between themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Crabtree in the last ten or so regular season games was playing very well. Obviously that wasn't the case in the playoffs, but this is great news. Also loving the little competition Crabtree and Rogers have between themselves.
+1 These guys are loose but still focused in their jobs. Have I ever said how much I LOVE Coach Harbaugh? Cool little vid on the "competition" that will make both that much better.
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Rogers-and-Crabtrees-Camp-Competition/3dcccc0e-5f7e-49e4-b20f-6ce97e923dd5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ well, at least Crabtree's beginning to admit some drops nowadays. Looking forward to seeing this new and improved WR. Didn't get much of a look last weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Q: You're going back to Houston, where you played your first game in 2009. How have you changed since then?
Crabtree: "I've grown a lot. Just going on my fourth year, that's crazy. Just each year, I get better and better, stronger and stronger. Learning how to be a pro. Learning from guys. There's been a lot of talent around me since I've been here, especially at receiver. A lot of old guys, Isaac Bruce, those guys, that I take new things. If I can learn something from those guys and put it in my notepad, and I'm running with it."

Love this quote.. The whole interview there reaffirms my feelings that it has been his foot injurys holding him back, not a lack of effort or desire as many on here believe.

-kiltman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: