Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Camp News and Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
Any word on Meachem?

I am hoping he plays well for you guys. With Lance Moore really coming into his own, Meach was forced into really seeing the field on more 4 WR sets. But he has shown flashes or greatness, and the kid obviously plays with heart. His speed and great body size and frame allows him to play a variety of different ways, but more often than not in our scheme it was deep routes. He didn't see much underneath or intermediate stuff.

Has there been any camp chatter about him yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9qhEZEN_6s

Just to show the kind of heart this kid plays with (a lot of you may have seen this already). Not a "catch", but a big play and one of my all time favorite Saints moments. Good luck this season, fellas! Very Happy

Wanted to give this a bump! Any word Meach?

It's been quite, but it's pretty obvious there's a lack of familiarity with him and Rivers right now. The good news is that he doesn't have to step in and be a #1 right away. He and Rivers will eventually get their timing down, and we'll see a lot of deep balls thrown his way.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
kramxel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reportedly Meachem has been having chemistry issues with Rivers.
There are also some reports that he's also having some problems grasping the playbook, but I wouldn't give them much credit.

On the 1st pre season game, Rivers threw a pick when Trammon Williams jumped a route on a pass to Meachem.

Everyone is kind of expecting Meach to replace V-Jax, but we all know he's a different player.

Anyway it's too early to tell.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramxel wrote:
Reportedly Meachem has been having chemistry issues with Rivers.
There are also some reports that he's also having some problems grasping the playbook, but I wouldn't give them much credit.

On the 1st pre season game, Rivers threw a pick when Trammon Williams jumped a route on a pass to Meachem.

Everyone is kind of expecting Meach to replace V-Jax, but we all know he's a different player.

Anyway it's too early to tell.

He had a ton of problems learning the Saints playbook the first two seasons, lining up in the wrong spot or running the wrong routes. But by year three he had settled in nicely. If he gets to his potential, he could be very good.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some thoughts from game 2:

Wright looked like somebody finally found the light switch. He was all over the ball tonight.

Brown's ankle looked bad. It's going to suck if he misses too much time.

I think there may be 2-3 WR's on the PS if they clear waivers

Hester is the best RB on the roster not named Mathews. He runs harder, and moves better than Brown. It's a waste to leave a guy that can run, catch, and block as a backup FB.

Short arms.... Ha!

Brandon Taylor is going to be good.

NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the word on Gaither? Is there optimism that he'll be ready to go week 1? Or is it looking like he's going to miss time?

I had the chargers pegged to win the division this year. I think they still will to an extent. Brown's ankle is bad news, but you've got enough depth at WR where, IMO, it's not a crippling injury to the team. Gaither on the other hand might just be crippling enough to really hurt. I heard Harris isn't having the greatest showing at the position. What do San Diego fans think so far?

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
What's the word on Gaither? Is there optimism that he'll be ready to go week 1? Or is it looking like he's going to miss time?

I had the chargers pegged to win the division this year. I think they still will to an extent. Brown's ankle is bad news, but you've got enough depth at WR where, IMO, it's not a crippling injury to the team. Gaither on the other hand might just be crippling enough to really hurt. I heard Harris isn't having the greatest showing at the position. What do San Diego fans think so far?

He's expected to be back. I wouldn't blame it on Harris, he's a UDFA who played RT in college IIRC.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:

This is the latest.

Quote:
Chargers LT Jared Gaither is still dealing with back spasms and has consulted three different doctors while missing every practice since the third day of training camp.
The Chargers are putting on rose-colored shades, saying they won't worry unless Gaither misses the fourth preseason game. Meanwhile, undrafted rookie LT Mike Harris has been a turnstile on Philip Rivers' blindside. Gaither remains out indefinitely, and the organization has provided no timetable for return.

Harris looks like a rookie. He seems to be picking everything up from a mental standpoint, but it's not transferring physically. Anthony Davis actually looked pretty good last night. Somebody should be able to hold things down, even if it's at a lower level, until Gaither gets back.

MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers C Nick Hardwick suffered a concussion in Tuesday's practice.
The severity is unknown, but it's Hardwick's third-known concussion since entering the league in 2004. It's his first since 2008, however. Pro Football Focus' 12th ranked center last season, Hardwick hasn't missed a game since 2009. He should be ready for Week 1.

Concussions are always a bad thing. Really can't afford for him to be out, so I hope everything goes well.

Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time in memory, that prior to the season I felt this down on the team.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
This is the first time in memory, that prior to the season I felt this down on the team.

Is it age, and memory loss? There were a few years in he 90's that had 0 hope going in.

Is it just the players lost to injury, or are you seeing a bad season on the horizon?

Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the fact that we haven't been healthy in 3 years and AJ continues to add good players but players that aren't the most durable. We aren't built for 16 games, let alone playoffs. Unless the rookies and no name depth can pull an Antonio Gates I just don't see us having a good year. The offensive line is a mess and although I like the defense there isn't an impact player on that side of the ball that will come through on a clutch 3rd down in the 4th quarter.

The 90's were baddon't get me wrong but Seau, Harrison and Means gave me more hope then just hoping Rivers can carry this team. I will believe Gates is healthy when he plays a full season, at this point I can't count on it.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Germanbolt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are scaring me AG, I actually had quite the good feeling for this season

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
It's the fact that we haven't been healthy in 3 years and AJ continues to add good players but players that aren't the most durable. We aren't built for 16 games, let alone playoffs. Unless the rookies and no name depth can pull an Antonio Gates I just don't see us having a good year. The offensive line is a mess and although I like the defense there isn't an impact player on that side of the ball that will come through on a clutch 3rd down in the 4th quarter.

The 90's were baddon't get me wrong but Seau, Harrison and Means gave me more hope then just hoping Rivers can carry this team. I will believe Gates is healthy when he plays a full season, at this point I can't count on it.

The Chargers have to have the worst medical staff and conditioning staff in pro sports. The Vincent Brown injury was a fluke play, but someone is not doing their job correctly. We draft guys who seem to get injured all the time, we have free agents come in and get injured, and we have guys come back sooner than they should or later than they should.

Either the medical staff is not evaluating players properly, or AJ is just gambling and drafting players who get injured often, or San Diego has the worst luck in the NFL.

Quote:
You are scaring me AG, I actually had quite the good feeling for this season

Thats not me. I'm optimistic for this season because all 4 teams in the AFCW appear to be equal or close to it. Now, one team could vastly surprise one way or another, but I think all 4 teams finish with 7 to 9 wins again.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roster cuts to 75 come Monday. Spurlock, Willy, Royal, Parrish are all possibilities.

EverythingSF wrote:
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Roster cuts to 75 come Monday. Spurlock, Willy, Royal, Parrish are all possibilities.

LOL what???? There's ZERO chance we cut any of those guys. Their all in contention for roster spots (Royal is a lock, Spurlock looks like he's nearing that status, especially with Brown out), and Willie is a near shoe-in for the PS. I dont see ANY of those guys as even posibilities...especially when we still have WR's like Payne and Jason Barnes on the team...

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: