Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should we sign Donovan McNabb?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
DaSteeleboy wrote:
coors wrote:
I don't see it happening, but I wouldn't mind it. Having an experienced backup IMO is a very good thing. Redman and JPW didn't look all that good. Redman in the past has come in and played well during spot duty, but he's just getting older and losing it IMO.

Now, something I had been thinking about was getting someone like Tavaris Jackson from Seattle as our #2. T-Jack is going to be the odd man out in Seattle with Flynn owed a bunch of money and drafting Russel Wilson who they seem to be high on. I see T-Jack being cut or offloaded, and he is someone that has starting experience, and a decent skill level that should be cheap to get. I wouldn't mind him as our #2

no thanks. I'd rather stick with Redman. I want nothing to do with T-Jack.
actually, T-Jack as a backup would be worth it. can't beat startign experience.

exactly what I was thinking. also, reports came out today that Seattle is actually now going to shop Jackson and roll with Flynn/Wilson. I think Jackson is owed like $4million bucks for next season.. so I see it being really possible that nobody is going to want to trade for him because of that number, so getting released seems like a good possibility. once he would get released, I would like to go after him. I personally see him as everything I would want as a #2: a young guy (only 29), who has NFL experience (played in 51 games, with 35 starts over his career), he's got a big time arm who can make all the throws and IMO could run our offense. It Matty Ryan went down, we wouldn't have to shut down the passing game and have to rely solely on the run, we could actually still have an ariel attack with Jackson. Jackson is also a gifted athlete, ran in the 4.7s at the combine, also with decent size 6'2 225.

It sounds like i'm really pimping Tavaris Jackson.. I'm just trying to say that I would feel 100x more comfortable with him as our #2 than Redman or JPW. If we had to start our #2 QB for any reason, I think that we could still use the exact same offense game-plan we would use if Ryan was starting, and would be able to handle our business and still win games with Jackson as our QB compared to either Redman/JPW (who I have 0 confidence in). For a good price, I think T-Jack would be a good investment for us.

DaSteeleboy, what exactly do you have against T-Jack as our #2? I'd like to know why you feel so poorly about him.

Last edited by coors on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: