Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Camp News and Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stone85

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misread and thought Weddle said
"Gates hasn't looked good since my rookie year"
I was like WTF lol

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
Stone85

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers second-round DE Kendall Reyes has been a "standout" early in training camp, showing a combination of pass-rushing and run-stuffing ability.
"While it is early, all indications are the Chargers have potentially found something special in Reyes," writes ESPN.com's Bill Williamson, predicting the No. 49 overall pick will play a significant role "right away." San Diego's front-seven looks to be much improved this season.

I hope this stays true. The DE spot hasn't had any life for a while now. A rotation with Martin, Reyes, and Liuget could keep the D good for a long time.

Reyes was the only player in the draft to fall in Waldo's "Elite" grouping from his Combine numbers. History doesn't lie, players that have fallen in the "Elite" group are usually damn good in the NFL. I had Reyes as a 1st rounder.

Waldo's numbers were for 34 OLB's, and Nick Perry was in that explosion group IIRC. He was the only one in the class. I'm not sure what rankings your talking about if its not of the 34 OLB things.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=440676

?? Reyes isn't on there

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
I was like WTF lol

Even with that huge contract, I seriously doubt Weddle would have the testicular fortitude to say something like that about Gates.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers second-round DE Kendall Reyes has been a "standout" early in training camp, showing a combination of pass-rushing and run-stuffing ability.
"While it is early, all indications are the Chargers have potentially found something special in Reyes," writes ESPN.com's Bill Williamson, predicting the No. 49 overall pick will play a significant role "right away." San Diego's front-seven looks to be much improved this season.

I hope this stays true. The DE spot hasn't had any life for a while now. A rotation with Martin, Reyes, and Liuget could keep the D good for a long time.

Reyes was the only player in the draft to fall in Waldo's "Elite" grouping from his Combine numbers. History doesn't lie, players that have fallen in the "Elite" group are usually damn good in the NFL. I had Reyes as a 1st rounder.

Waldo's numbers were for 34 OLB's, and Nick Perry was in that explosion group IIRC. He was the only one in the class. I'm not sure what rankings your talking about if its not of the 34 OLB things.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=440676

?? Reyes isn't on there

Laughing That's not with the recent draft class on there. If you do the calculations for every prospect in this past draft, Reyes is the only one to test as an elite 3-4 DE.
Stone85

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Stone85 wrote:
I was like WTF lol

Even with that huge contract, I seriously doubt Weddle would have the testicular fortitude to say something like that about Gates.

Hahahahahahah

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
According to the North County Times, Vincent Brown and Malcom Floyd continue to be the "primary targets" in training camp.
Robert Meachem is reportedly having "chemistry issues" with Phillip Rivers. The Chargers' current plan is for Meachem and Malcom Floyd to start on the outside, with Eddie Royal primarily featured in the slot. Brown's exact role remains to be seen. We'd expect it to continue to grow as the season moves along.

They need to work this out. Fast.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Meachem will suck this year and thats why Royal has been talked up so much recently
Embarassed

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
kramxel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's no surprise...

Meachem is mainly a body catcher, whil Rivers likes his WRs to make a play on the ball....

He'll have to step it up if he wants to be anything more than a bona fied #2...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that Gates looks all-world once again. Any word on the progress of Ladarius Green?
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
I've read that Gates looks all-world once again. Any word on the progress of Ladarius Green?

This was the last news I heard on Green

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers rookie TE Ladarius Green bulked up to 241 pounds before training camp after weighing in at 238 at the Combine.
Green, who stands 6-foot-6, struggles to keep weight on because he's naturally lean. The team wants him heavier so he can block. "(I) eat everything I can," he said. "Mostly pastas, steak, potatoes, vegetables, mostly healthy, but I gotta go out sometimes. Burger King, something like that. I snuck one in."

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Antonio Garay was carted off the field at Chargers practice Saturday with a left ankle injury.
Garay was spotted "walking gingerly" and did not return. We should have more information on his status during the week. Initial indications were that Garay's injury is significant.

Not good. At least it was the opposite ankle that he broke at the beginning of his career.

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers released QB Kevin O'Connell.
O'Connell was as an emergency quarterback and is no longer needed with Charlie Whitehurst (knee) cleared to practice. UDFA Jarrett Lee will handle third-string duties.

It was nice of the team to bring a local boy in, but there was zero chance of him sticking after the show Lee put on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Ronnie Brown actually have anything left?

I thought he was very close to retirement...

Even as a backup, I thought his value was borderline inexistant..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
sanitizer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team is ultimately driven by Phil. Mathews injury sucks, but it doesn't concern me too much. All we need Ronnie Brown to do is be serviceable, get a few nice gains on first down and let Phil do the rest. We start with Oakland then Tennessee (I believe). Oakland's 0 point effort last night made me laugh, but those 2 teams are beatable, with or without Mathews. When he returns he should be fine and we can go back to where we were.

2-0 start. Mark it.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Any word on Meachem?

I am hoping he plays well for you guys. With Lance Moore really coming into his own, Meach was forced into really seeing the field on more 4 WR sets. But he has shown flashes or greatness, and the kid obviously plays with heart. His speed and great body size and frame allows him to play a variety of different ways, but more often than not in our scheme it was deep routes. He didn't see much underneath or intermediate stuff.

Has there been any camp chatter about him yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9qhEZEN_6s

Just to show the kind of heart this kid plays with (a lot of you may have seen this already). Not a "catch", but a big play and one of my all time favorite Saints moments. Good luck this season, fellas! Very Happy

Wanted to give this a bump! Any word Meach?

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
Any word on Meachem?

I am hoping he plays well for you guys. With Lance Moore really coming into his own, Meach was forced into really seeing the field on more 4 WR sets. But he has shown flashes or greatness, and the kid obviously plays with heart. His speed and great body size and frame allows him to play a variety of different ways, but more often than not in our scheme it was deep routes. He didn't see much underneath or intermediate stuff.

Has there been any camp chatter about him yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9qhEZEN_6s

Just to show the kind of heart this kid plays with (a lot of you may have seen this already). Not a "catch", but a big play and one of my all time favorite Saints moments. Good luck this season, fellas! Very Happy

Wanted to give this a bump! Any word Meach?

Not too much. The latest is that he's having some chemistry issues with Rivers, but those should work out in a few weeks. They just need some more time together.

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: