Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs' Offensive Line
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
The big question is who'd be the backup Center in any scenario? BTW: Who was last year??

We have Asamoah who was a back-up Center in college, and was talked about being versatile in that regard, and IIRC Darryl Harris played some Center in pre-season games either last year or two years ago.

And while listed as OG, Hudson was our back-up Center last year. Who else could it have been? Asamoah I suppose.

^ryknowssd on the sig
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, let's assume:

- the Center goes down. Asamoah moves to C, it's probably Allen to fill the RG spot. Could be Ugoh as well.
- a Guard goes down. Easy one - Allen or Ugoh again.
- a Tackle goes down. Tricky one. Could be Stephenson (it's probably impossible to sneak him on the PS), Ugoh (ineligible for PS) or Mims (still PS eligible)

I have a hard time to believe the Chiefs will risk a Lilja situation again: a promising OL being claimed off waivers after camp by another team. That's why I think Allen and Stephenson are set.

Given his versatility, experience, and non-eligilibility to the PS the guy anyone trying to claim a spot on the 53 will have to beat out is Tony Ugoh - unless he beats himself out with another injury.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Saying on Chiefs Live that Berry was shutting down both Baldwin and McCluster in 1 on 1 drills yesterday.

Berry shutting down the whole OL!

GEEEEESSHH!!

Oooopss .. wait ..

hmm. I totally thought I was posting this in the Camp thread we have, and before you all get accusatory on me, no I haven't been drinking.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be the best we have put out since the heyday in the mid 90s. Albert is under appreciated, Asamoah will be a Pro Bowler before long. Winston already has been. Lilja did not play well in 2011, but he is getting pushed. Hudson was drafted just for this. Our biggest problems is getting the reps in.

Depth will be an issue. Allen and Stephenson have to be on the roster or on IR. They would get snatched up otherwise. That leaves one spot open for everything else. Holland could be it, Mims could be it. Harris could be it.

We lost Lilja 8 years ago because we could not find a spot on the roster for an UDFA. I hope we dont lose Holland the same way.

BTW Waters and Wiegmann were both UDFA.

J

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
I think it will be the best we have put out since the heyday in the mid 90s. Albert is under appreciated, Asamoah will be a Pro Bowler before long. Winston already has been. Lilja did not play well in 2011, but he is getting pushed. Hudson was drafted just for this. Our biggest problems is getting the reps in.

Depth will be an issue. Allen and Stephenson have to be on the roster or on IR. They would get snatched up otherwise. That leaves one spot open for everything else. Holland could be it, Mims could be it. Harris could be it.

We lost Lilja 8 years ago because we could not find a spot on the roster for an UDFA. I hope we dont lose Holland the same way.

J

The best what? OL? I'm confused...Well, you have been confusing me alot lately...Jackson an emerging Superstar, Dorsey worth a top 25 pick, Cassel not subpar? Now the mid 90's OL was our heyday and not the mid 2000's?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Stephenson was going toe-to-toe with Hali and holding him back. Of course this never lasts long, but they pretty much said what was on the scouting report. Gave great compliments to his feet and athleticism, but makes rookie and technique mistakes.

A lot of upside there, i think with Ugoh gone he takes the Swing Tackle spot.

Ive also heard that Lilja isnt having the best camp so far, and Allen is beasting it including reportedly handling Dorsey one-on-one. Wouldnt be surprised if he takes the LG spot by the end of camp, of course it wouldmt surprise me if he backs up Lilja.
omar72587

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

The best what? OL? I'm confused...Well, you have been confusing me alot lately...Jackson an emerging Superstar, Dorsey worth a top 25 pick, Cassel not subpar? Now the mid 90's OL was our heyday and not the mid 2000's?

Until we get another line thatallows 2 rbs to have 8 total tds in one game ala priest and deriick blaylock ( d'oh! ), then that line should not be mentioned in the same sentence as the one we had in the early to mid 2000s. That line is arguably one of the best ever. Throw in Tony G amd Jason Dunn as well and it was ridiculous.

I do wish that one day it will happen but.......
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

You are right. Its two years into the new decade, and I am still thinking of the 90s as the last decade. Maybe its because 00s does not pronounce well.

As to the other, I did not say that Cassel is a decent QB. I said that it is a mistake to dismiss him as a bad QB. He is at least able to use the tools he is given. Many QBs are not. Cassel is good enough to win with.

Dorsey is a very good player. With a long term contract, he easily worth a 1st round pick, especially to a 4-3 team. Jackson may be better than that. Most DEs cannot roll up a DL. 2 gap is hard to learn a nd 2 gap players are hard to find.

J

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP did a write up for each Off lineman from Friday night..

worth the read!

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/8/12/3236300/offensive-line-dominance-in-preseason-week-1-breaking-it-down
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
AP did a write up for each Off lineman from Friday night..

worth the read!

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/8/12/3236300/offensive-line-dominance-in-preseason-week-1-breaking-it-down

It's a good thing you didn't quote the article or you would more than likely get pinged for vulgar language in your post!

Shocked
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with everything he said about Jeff Allen. Guy should be starting over Lilja.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite part of that guy's review of our line, in regards to Allen's play in the run blocking game -

Quote:
Run, you might as well just save yourself the trouble and run backwards because you're going that way.

Laughing

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: