Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players we have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Players we have. Reply with quote

QB Aaron Rodgers- The future QB

FS Nick Collins- Will push Earl Little for the start

WR Terrence Murphy- The New Return Man

FS Marviel Underwood- Will push Autro for the job at SS

DE/LB Brady Poppinga- A good pass rusher might compliment KGB

C/OG Junius Coston- Well be a back up and learn from a good line coach.

This is who we have so far we still have four picks left.

~Mozilla on the sig~
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kiwi,
Maybe I missed something here, but these players you have slated to push for starting positions I just don't see it. Most second day draft choices contribute on special teams, and in a year or two if they are pushing to be starters the team is quite lucky. Did you listen to interviews with TT or Mike Sherman or something? I hope you are right I just know what it's been like in the past.
duxrule

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's going to create competition you would hope! Not like Freeman and Little are sure-bet starters. Give them some competition and it's going to push them.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I see Underwood and Poppinga pushing because Freemen is no locked up to many years and Thompson is not that great. Nick will automactially be starting next year simply because Little will either retire or be let go.

~Mozilla on the sig~
Phill23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like all of our picks. TT picked the TOP player on HIS board every time they picked. I know they are not the players that YOU had on YOUR board but they picked them for a reason and I think most of them could see some time next year, especially Collins, Murphy, and Underwood. I think we filled enough hole on our defense with the Thompson signing. I think we will have some great competition at the safety position and should have a much better special teams. I know we dont have the best defense but I think Bates will have these guys playing alot harder and more physical. So I think our draft has been great so far, especially landing our Heir Apparent to Favre in 2 years:#12Aaron
Rodgers
BRETT FAVRE's HEIR APPARENT: Adrian McPherson oh wait it's the SOD: #12 Aaron Rodgers
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My evaluation:

Rodgers - Another potential PAC-10 QB bust who we will pay 10 million to sit the bench. We don't know how he'll play in the cold climate. Mentored by a guy that mentored some of the most average QB's in NFL history, Trent Dilfer and Kyle Boller to name only a few.

Nick Collins - I like this pick because at least TT is taking a shot. I believe you will see Nick Collins push Ahmad Carroll for 2nd cover corner, and ultimately be our starting cornerback before the year is over. He will not be a safety because the knock on him is his poor tackling ability and plays the man much better than the ball. You can't be a successful NFL safety playing like this; however, you can be a good cover corner.

Terrence Murphy - Another huge reach for a player at a position we have little need. Not overly big, or speed burner by any stretch. Just a younger version of Chatman.

Marviel Underwood - Astronomical reach when better players were available. Another undersized prospect with little chance of performing at any position other than special teams.

Brady Poppings - Might end up being the player who contributes the most, the quickest. Has good size and he seems like he's got a shot at being a Zach Thomas or Larry Izzo type of player. Great pick here.

Junius Coston - At this point, it's all a crap shoot. At first I thought we already have 3 very able centers, why 4? Then I read another bio stating he also plays guard. Good pick.

Overall, I'd give Green Bay a D- thus far. The only upside here is Collins and Poppings. The problem is we could have gotten Collins with our second 2nd round pick. We absolutely did not need a QB in the 1st round and a kick returner in the 2nd round. The only player saving them from complete failure at this point is Poppings.

A sane man cannot sugar-coat this horrible draft.
Phill23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Murphy is going to be solid. I think he will be better than you think. Plus Collins is a SAFETY, TT said so and thats where he will be. I think you are smoking something really good because u are screwed up. I like the draft and thats how I feel
BRETT FAVRE's HEIR APPARENT: Adrian McPherson oh wait it's the SOD: #12 Aaron Rodgers
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you say Collins will take over for Carroll. Nick will be playing safety TT has said it as well as Shermen. He is a good tackler he is not the big hitter but more of a wrap up tackler. Same with Marviel they will do fine as our safetys under bates.

~Mozilla on the sig~
byzr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good eval hauschild.

i think you're right sugar coating this thing would be insane. it's not a draft that makes sense to us as fans cause we see the biggest holes being on defense. apparantely TT and the coaches wuld disagree with us. i imagine our defense will improve to around 15-20 in the league and with the draft and FA i can't complain to much.

any know who Michael Hawkins is? another stellar pick. NFL.com doesn't even have a bio on him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwi,

It's easy to come to the conclusion that Collins will not be a safety when his evaluation explicitly states he "covers the man much better than the ball".

To me, I'd play a player at a position that suits him the best. I would never try to mold a player to fit a particular position I need him to fill. I would let his natural, inate ability determine where the player will be most productive.

Also, just like you "think" he'll be a safety, I am "thinking" he will end up being a corner. That's just my initial impression, it isn't the law of the land.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: