Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Preseason Game 1 Comments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueHorseshoe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Post Preseason Game 1 Comments Reply with quote

1. Are the Rams this bad?
2. Every Colts QB scored a TD.
3. If not for a blown interference call the Colts hold the Rams scoreless.
4. Andrew Luck did not look like a rookie in that he escaped pressure, made good throws, commanded the offense, and had no turnovers.
5. The Colts CONVERTED 3rd and shorts with (gasp) the running game.
6. Donald Brown told people to shut up with his legs.
7.Defense actually stopped them on some 3rd downs.
8. Chuck Pagano is not a statue on the sidelines like the previous coach.
9. This is a QB driven league and Luck is going to be a star and the Colts can be happy about the future.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing well in the preseason means nothing to me unless I was playing fantasy football. There are so many players who have done well in the preseason but bombed in the regular season. It was great to see Luck and Brown do good, but I would temper expectations a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Coltsmanic808 for the input. I have no expectations at all about the regular season. I'm just commenting on the preseason game I saw and you must admit that Luck did not look like a rookie QB. Just sayin'.
Have a good one.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueHorseshoe wrote:
Thanks Coltsmanic808 for the input. I have no expectations at all about the regular season. I'm just commenting on the preseason game I saw and you must admit that Luck did not look like a rookie QB. Just sayin'.
Have a good one.

Yeah I agree. There are too many people out there putting too much weight on his performance after one game. Was it good? Yes. Do I hope it carries over to the regular season? Yeah. But are people overrating him after one game? For sure. Donald was impressive on that screen pass, but on those 2 runs of his, they weren't good and I hope it gets better.

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 is a Stanford hater and won't ever give Luck any credit for anything he does, just kidding.

I agree with him that it is hard to get too excited about preseason games.

BlueHorseshoe wrote:
1. Are the Rams this bad?

Colts 2-14
Rams 2-14

yes.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
blazingNITRO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda liked white at home, it'd be cool if when the roof is open for a day game they wear white!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Angerer (foot), Delone Carter (ribs), Mike McGlynn (knee) and Scott Lutrus (knee) left the game with injuries.

knee and rib injuries are never good things. Depending on the severity Carter can still play with a rib injury but it is going to be a nagging injury for most of the year. And for a RB that is tough.

We can't afford to lose Angerer and Lutrus with Edds already done for the year. Which means right now we might be looking at Jerrell Freeman and Kavell Connor as our starters at ILB. (paging Gary Brackett)
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
coltsmanic808 is a Stanford hater and won't ever give Luck any credit for anything he does

Wink And yes. The Rams are just that bad.

stallyns wrote:
Pat Angerer (foot), Delone Carter (ribs), Mike McGlynn (knee) and Scott Lutrus (knee) left the game with injuries.

knee and rib injuries are never good things. Depending on the severity Carter can still play with a rib injury but it is going to be a nagging injury for most of the year. And for a RB that is tough.

We can't afford to lose Angerer and Lutrus with Edds already done for the year. Which means right now we might be looking at Jerrell Freeman and Kavell Connor as our starters at ILB. (paging Gary Brackett)

Oh boy....If Angerer is out....we might as well just concede the middle of the field. It'd be so easy for other teams to exploit that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the Luck the 3 players that impressed me the most were: Ballard, Hilton and dare I say it Hughes.

Ballard appeared to be tough to bring down and IMO was the best RB at running the ball today.

I really liked the catch TY made on the sidelines. He showed great awareness getting both feet in bounds. Thats not something you usually see from rookies who are use to the 1 foot rule in college.

Hughes, what can I say! Since this is his most productive game in a Colts uni I have to give him credit. Hope the switch to 3-4 brings the best out of him.

Would also like to point out the TD pass from Harnish was beautiful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: