Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goodbye Cam, Hello Andrew
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Django

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Goodbye Cam, Hello Andrew Reply with quote

Andrew Luck will be the biggest star (in the future) of the NFL.

I always thought it would be Cam. But no it will be Andrew. Im in awe watching him play. Yes its preseason and yes its the Rams, lol...

But you can just see it and sense it. I always said that if "experts" are pumping a certain guy up for years...then he's destined to be great. Only guy who was pumped up for years and failed was Leinart. However, Leinart wasnt viewed by scouts as top 5 worthy or best prospect in years.

Colin Cowherd (yea yea I know) once said Luck is like LeBron. In the sense that is an automatic that he'll be great. Just like LeBron billed as the next great thing.

When NFL execs say they would STILL take Luck over Newton even after his great season shows his potential. RG3, as much as Im a fan, wont match Luck.

Luck is LeBron to RG3's Carmelo. Ok enough with the basketball analogies.

But in the end..He will be the biggest star in four years.
lilant2398

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes he looks good... hes seeing things most rookies wouldnt backside blitzes and looking off safetys *which dahl might be the worst ever in the nfl Laughing * but yes he looks good for his 1st preseason game but no... he hasnt taken cams spot
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Luck a ton, but this is too early. There's a long list of quarterbacks who looked like stars early on and were out of the league in five years.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exact example of the annoying overreactions I spoke of in the other thread.

Cam played well for a full, meaningful 16 games.

Luck has play well for part of a meaningless preseason game against an inexperienced defense playing in a new scheme that still needs to add more talent.

Luck IMO will be great....and eventually better than Cam IMO...but right now...this is just a classic kneejerk.
Babylon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The onion covers this for you:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/insane-moron-draws-conclusion-from-nfl-preseason-g,21211/
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel preseason overreactions.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luck played great today. But it's 1 preseason game against an OK defense. Cam proved he can do it for a full season. Don't jump the gun yet

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
JDKing14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He DID address that it was just the preseason, but I think this is just something that the OP has been thinking for some time and is just using his first action as an excuse to bring it up.

As a Falcons fan I am really not looking forward to having to play Cam 2 times a year for the next 10 or so, but I agree. Luck is going to be a superstar quarterback on the level that Rodgers, Brees, and Brady are on right now.

While I think Cam will be an incredibly dangerous player who gives his team a chance to win every time, I don't think we'll ever see him as an elite, HOF caliber quarterback. I see that in Luck.

I think his floor will be someone like Matt Ryan, but that's the absolute floor.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Luck played great today. But it's 1 preseason game against an OK defense. Cam proved he can do it for a full season. Don't jump the gun yet

I got hella excited with his play. Especially his 2nd TD throw and his overall ability to make the smart play. But you're right and it is against the Rams (no offense STL fans) in the 1st preseason game. While that is all true, it definitely still is exciting to watch.

All the young QB's are these days really. I'm stoked to watch Newton, Luck, Locker, Dalton, Tannehil and Griffin all progress. I don't feel as optimistic about Weeden or Gabbert, but it should also be fun to watch them come along as well. Throw in the possibility of Kaepernick or Russell Wilson having to come in due to injury (hopefully not) and I really can't think of a more exciting time in the NFL for young qb's ever (at least for me).

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...

Last edited by Silver&Black88 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today,Luck was awesome

Two of his passes were incredible .... today he looked like Aaron Rodgers ....He is very mobile and its decision-making was great

It was an unbelievable game of Luck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I got hella excited with his play. Especially his 2nd TD throw and his overall ability to make the smart play. But you're right and it is against the Rams (no offense STL fans) in the 1st preseason game. While that is all true, it definitely still is exciting to watch.

I agree I loved watching it. And I am not taking anything away from Luck. He played great especially moving in the pocket. Great start to his career and it will be interesting to see what he does from here. We just have to keep this performance in context.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I agree I loved watching it. And I am not taking anything away from Luck. He played great especially moving in the pocket. Great start to his career and it will be interesting to see what he does from here. We just have to keep this performance in context.

Agree 100%. Nailed it.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i expect Newton, Luck, Stafford to be battling it out as the best QB of the next decade. Rodgers too of course. Luck has special potential and is a very similar player to Rodgers.
sayheykid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reticent to declare Cam the next big thing at QB after one season. I can't begin to imagine this kind of overreaction after one preseason game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was against the Rams Laughing

(Looks at own username)

Crying or Very sad

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: