Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals vs. Chiefs GAME DAY THREAD!! WOOT!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1959
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that no one is saying yet.

We looked a lot more prepared out there. A lot more on the Offensive side of the ball. Either that is Romeo having more time to work with the whole team or Daboll offense is better then Haleys square pegs in round holes offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5472
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
One thing that no one is saying yet.

We looked a lot more prepared out there. A lot more on the Offensive side of the ball. Either that is Romeo having more time to work with the whole team or Daboll offense is better then Haleys square pegs in round holes offense.


I was screaming this during the game. We looked so well prepared its unreal. And another thing I love is how every player after the game said "we have a lot to work on. We made mistakes." it didnt seem like a dumb cliche line either. It felt like they actually believe they need to improve.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 3738
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
I'm about to watch the game again.. but a quick comment on Stanzi..

1st throw - really good throw - fade route - played well by DB
2nd throw - semi poor throw a little short of Newsome - touch catch dropped
The two deep throws - one just a bit underthrown - the other overthrown
Pressure scramble throw - worst decision of the night - toss that out of bounds!
Maneri throw - best throw of the night for all 3 QB's.. great ball
OConnell throw - rifled - good zip - poised in pocket to see it come open



Forgot about that one...also better than any of the other QB's throws last night.

DT, how you can clearly say Cassel is the best without throwing into coverage, or running with the backups, or Stanzi running with the 1st team is mind boggling. Cassel's only throw under any pressure was a short swing to JC that was off, so that is a little discouraging. He showed nice touch on everything else though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dlawilliams


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 312
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cassel believes in this offense and it makes a HUGE difference in his game. The team overall seemed to play with more confidence. It was nice to see.

I thought Charles looked really good.

Arizona's offense with Fitz is bad, without Fitz, will be non existent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ptbarcus


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 2636
Location: Probably in some brand of a Hilton hotel
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
I'm about to watch the game again.. but a quick comment on Stanzi..

1st throw - really good throw - fade route - played well by DB
2nd throw - semi poor throw a little short of Newsome - touch catch dropped
The two deep throws - one just a bit underthrown - the other overthrown
Pressure scramble throw - worst decision of the night - toss that out of bounds!
Maneri throw - best throw of the night for all 3 QB's.. great ball
OConnell throw - rifled - good zip - poised in pocket to see it come open



Forgot about that one...also better than any of the other QB's throws last night.

DT, how you can clearly say Cassel is the best without throwing into coverage, or running with the backups, or Stanzi running with the 1st team is mind boggling. Cassel's only throw under any pressure was a short swing to JC that was off, so that is a little discouraging. He showed nice touch on everything else though.

So he's not the best QB on the roster because he doesn't play with the backups or throw into coverage? Isn't that the point of playing starting QB in the NFL??
_________________
Rumless wrote:
Hey, Mike Cox never did anything bad, save for being underwhelming and going soft when truly needed.


^All about Ryk^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1959
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ptbarcus wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
I'm about to watch the game again.. but a quick comment on Stanzi..

1st throw - really good throw - fade route - played well by DB
2nd throw - semi poor throw a little short of Newsome - touch catch dropped
The two deep throws - one just a bit underthrown - the other overthrown
Pressure scramble throw - worst decision of the night - toss that out of bounds!
Maneri throw - best throw of the night for all 3 QB's.. great ball
OConnell throw - rifled - good zip - poised in pocket to see it come open



Forgot about that one...also better than any of the other QB's throws last night.

DT, how you can clearly say Cassel is the best without throwing into coverage, or running with the backups, or Stanzi running with the 1st team is mind boggling. Cassel's only throw under any pressure was a short swing to JC that was off, so that is a little discouraging. He showed nice touch on everything else though.

So he's not the best QB on the roster because he doesn't play with the backups or throw into coverage? Isn't that the point of playing starting QB in the NFL??


Mind boggling, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ptbarcus


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 2636
Location: Probably in some brand of a Hilton hotel
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
ptbarcus wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
I'm about to watch the game again.. but a quick comment on Stanzi..

1st throw - really good throw - fade route - played well by DB
2nd throw - semi poor throw a little short of Newsome - touch catch dropped
The two deep throws - one just a bit underthrown - the other overthrown
Pressure scramble throw - worst decision of the night - toss that out of bounds!
Maneri throw - best throw of the night for all 3 QB's.. great ball
OConnell throw - rifled - good zip - poised in pocket to see it come open



Forgot about that one...also better than any of the other QB's throws last night.

DT, how you can clearly say Cassel is the best without throwing into coverage, or running with the backups, or Stanzi running with the 1st team is mind boggling. Cassel's only throw under any pressure was a short swing to JC that was off, so that is a little discouraging. He showed nice touch on everything else though.

So he's not the best QB on the roster because he doesn't play with the backups or throw into coverage? Isn't that the point of playing starting QB in the NFL??


Mind boggling, right?

That's one way to put it. So let me see if I got this right, instead of throwing the ball to Hillis for a good looking TD Cassell should force the ball into coverage. Yep that's it from now on Cassell has to look off of the wide open WR's he should throw it to whoever has the double or triple team and then he will be considered a decent QB.
_________________
Rumless wrote:
Hey, Mike Cox never did anything bad, save for being underwhelming and going soft when truly needed.


^All about Ryk^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 3105
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ptbarcus wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
ptbarcus wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
I'm about to watch the game again.. but a quick comment on Stanzi..

1st throw - really good throw - fade route - played well by DB
2nd throw - semi poor throw a little short of Newsome - touch catch dropped
The two deep throws - one just a bit underthrown - the other overthrown
Pressure scramble throw - worst decision of the night - toss that out of bounds!
Maneri throw - best throw of the night for all 3 QB's.. great ball
OConnell throw - rifled - good zip - poised in pocket to see it come open



Forgot about that one...also better than any of the other QB's throws last night.

DT, how you can clearly say Cassel is the best without throwing into coverage, or running with the backups, or Stanzi running with the 1st team is mind boggling. Cassel's only throw under any pressure was a short swing to JC that was off, so that is a little discouraging. He showed nice touch on everything else though.

So he's not the best QB on the roster because he doesn't play with the backups or throw into coverage? Isn't that the point of playing starting QB in the NFL??


Mind boggling, right?

That's one way to put it. So let me see if I got this right, instead of throwing the ball to Hillis for a good looking TD Cassell should force the ball into coverage. Yep that's it from now on Cassell has to look off of the wide open WR's he should throw it to whoever has the double or triple team and then he will be considered a decent QB.


Laughing Sometimes I think some of us push to find something negative on Cassel.

I don't think he's a good QB by any means, but assuming Stanzi would be able to run this offense better is just hope at this point.

And I have high hopes for Stanzi, but he's far from being the best QB for this team right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arrowhead86


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 4095
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassel was impressive last night and his performance deserves to be credited more than it's getting. for example.. the TD to Hillis in folks memory is much more of a cake walk throw/td than reality.

See it here:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Hillis-11-yard-TD-catch/75d3daa0-7b39-49c1-94fc-65653120abde

Notice the pressure in Cassel's face.. he didn't just sit back there freely.. there was a hand in his face but he made the play pretty calmly. More important than the poise he displayed here was the command he displayed over the course of the 2 series he was in. Most comfortable I've ever seen him TBH.

While I still think Stanzi has a higher ceiling because of better tools to work with and I just love his fundamentals (saying it again: drop, set, fire), it chan ges nothing about what we saw from MC Friday.. thus far Cassel 2012 cannot be bashed in any way. His performance was an A+ Friday night. On the Hillis play you can see him, despite an unblocked blitzer coming at him.. looking the safety off to the middle of the field before dumping over the top of the blitzer to Hillis.. all that came from pre snap! IE time on the play clock!!! Executed perfect by the QB.
_________________
In Andy We Trust!
WCO + 3-4 in KC
Erhardt: Throw to score! Run to win!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18442
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Stanzi's 1st ball.. nice fade but defender forces Newsome out of bounds on the catch.. well played by the CB

Newseom would have been well served to stop his momentum and jump straight up.. make the defender run through him.. kinda had momentum going making it an easy push out.


if he'd have caught it with his hands instead of his chest he might have been able to come down with it.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18442
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Wow, what a dominating performance from the #1's, and mostly all around. On offense, in particular in the passing game, things took a noticeable step back when we went to our #2's. This wasn't just the QB's but also the receiving options. Some of it was just young inexperienced guys making mistakes like Wylie or Bellamy. Regardless, I like the upside of our offensive depth, but Bowe would make our WR's look a whole lot better.

And while Stanzi was far from great, I think the "terrible" descriptions are a little severe. He looked like Cassel has every pre-season before this one, and about at the same level as Quinn. While I understand some are frustrated with people saying Stanzi should start right now, lets not go to far the other way saying he looked terrible, when he realy was just too inconsistent. That throw to Maneri was awesome.


he was definitely not terrible. His stat line reads terrible, but the throw in the endzone was put in a good spot and he had one 12 yard comeback that was perfectly thrown dropped. Had another incompletion on a roll out where somebody came free (could be on him for not reading it right).


Impressed the hell out of me: (keep in mind I was there live 35 yardline 20 rows up 3rd deck)

1. Peyton Hillis - My gosh this guy is awesome. I don't think I have to say anymore
2. Matt Cassel - Every ball looked good to me. Was his best game as a Chief
3. Cyrus Gray - No doubt in my mind he's taking over Draughn's spot
4. Anthony Toribio - Holy hell this guy was a monster.
5. Ropati Pitoatua - Straight up beast. Showed ability to both defend the run and rush the passer
6. Tysyn Hartman - Loved what I saw from him. He was in cover one one play and a TE was running down the middle. Read it perfectly and would have had a pick if it was thrown.


Poe was inconsisitent, but at times he really flashed. Took on 3 blockers at least once, and quite a few times he was pushing 2 guys backwards. He also got stonewalled a couple plays. His very first play he was doubled.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22759
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RVM, Poe's first play was Houston's sack. He took his man and walked him backwards 7 yards, right into the QB. If it weren't for Poe's bullrush on that play, the QB might've been able to escape the rush just by taking a step or two forward. Speculation, I know, but it was easily his most impressive play. At the game, I thought it was Toribio, but once I watched it on DVR, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was Poe.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18442
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, not sure if you could see it on TV but Stanzi's overthrow of Bellamy he was ticked off and pointing as if Bellamy should have run his route closer to the sideline.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18442
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
Nice write up ryk, one question though.

Could the back up LB's look bad because the D-line didnt occupy blocks as well as the 1st team?


Possible, but I won't know for sure until I look at the tape. The biggest reason I ripped on them so much is because there were about 6 or 7 plays where we were in a base 3-4, the DL bottled up the play where the RB only had one gap to go through and there wasn't a LB within 7 yards to clean up the play. Hell, there were one or two plays where the Cards ran the ball right up the middle, directly at Siler and for whatever random reason, he started backpedaling like he was dropping into coverage. It was just odd. I'm thinking it was, at least to some extent, a combination of both the DL and LBs sucking in run support. All I know is neither unit impressed in run support.


between the two of us sitting there, We hardly noticed backup linebackers doing anything in the run game. Greenwood had the one play in the backfield, but other than that, It was almost like they weren't there. 2nd and 3rd teams were definitely better pass rushing than run defending. I completely agree that if DJ goes down we are going to struggle. Starting Belcher and Siler/Greenwood yuck.

Forgot to mention Jeff Allen he straight up beasted at both LG and LT. I won't be surprised if he takes over for Lilja at some point and never gives the spot up.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18442
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Allen also needs to change his # to 69 to make all the Jared Allen jerseys relevant again.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group