Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 1: Cheese at SD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SDSU boy looked like a stud but he needa to have reps against NFL starters before I get really excited. Meachem looks like a bad signing. Ingram and Reyes both looked good in spots. Harris is a bright spot but we are in a serious doody hole if Gaither isn't going to be our guy. Is Dombrowski even on the roster? I didn't see him at all...

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
sanitizer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of good things to come out of the game last night, and obvious some bad ones.

First off, our special teams looked good. The past few seasons have been scary for the unit and it was pleasant seeing some turnovers caused. Wright was great.

Melvin Ingram, albeit against a 1 start LT looked like something very special. I'm trying to not get too excited since it was the first pre-season game.

Jarret Lee looks like a great developmental QB, Norv is the right guy for the job. Maybe we can ship him off in a few seasons for a 3rd rounder, then sign him in the off-season.

Aaron Rodgers was contained. I know every 1st team is shaky in its first game, but I always expect AA-Rod to move the ball, he didn't.

Vincent Brown is just a solid football player. The word in camp was Phil and Royal have great chemistry and to expect a lot of Royal. If this is true and if Royal is going to be ahead of Brown on the charts, then I am extremely excited to see what this chemistry looks like.

Chemistry needs to be built with Phil and Meachem. Phil forced the ball, but Robert definitely didn't come out of that break with any explosivness.

Finally, I feel for Ryan. The guy can't stay healthy, an unlucky break in his collar bone is going to delay his season. Hopefully its a speedy recovery (but I keep reading that its more likey 6 than 4 weeks). Its Phil's team so hopefully he can carry us threw the first few games to get off to a quick start.

I'm hopeful, a win is a win is a win. The Chargers are undefeated in the 2012 season.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
My SDSU boy looked like a stud but he needa to have reps against NFL starters before I get really excited. Meachem looks like a bad signing. Ingram and Reyes both looked good in spots. Harris is a bright spot but we are in a serious doody hole if Gaither isn't going to be our guy. Is Dombrowski even on the roster? I didn't see him at all...

Injured currently. I forget what it is exactly, pretty sure it was a lower extremity though... hip, maybe?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he was put on PUP or IR. Either way he isn't an option for left tackle. Someone who was supposed to be that guy behind Gaither was Mario Henderson. Is he only right tackle or has he just has been bad at training camp?

Assuming Gaither is healthy what do you think the OL + reserves look like?

Gaither, Green, Hardwick, Vasquez, and Clary starters. Then Shilling, Molk, Hadnot, and Harris?
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:
Yeah he was put on PUP or IR. Either way he isn't an option for left tackle. Someone who was supposed to be that guy behind Gaither was Mario Henderson. Is he only right tackle or has he just has been bad at training camp?

Assuming Gaither is healthy what do you think the OL + reserves look like?

Gaither, Green, Hardwick, Vasquez, and Clary starters. Then Shilling, Molk, Hadnot, and Harris?

With Gaither who when healthy is a probowl LT, this is a great unit. Minus Gaither who is injury prone this unit really stinks.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: