Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Hey germ and jersey. Since you guys are pretty much up to speed on college players, how deep are O-Linemen this year. Looks to me like we need a serious injection of real talent, especially between the tackles.

I'm still questioning one of our Tackles.

Me too jonny, me too.
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Hey germ and jersey. Since you guys are pretty much up to speed on college players, how deep are O-Linemen this year. Looks to me like we need a serious injection of real talent, especially between the tackles.

Has it sits now in the preseason the OL class looks like it could be quite strong. If some juniors declare, the OT class could be the strongest/deepest position in the 2013 draft.....that is, of course, if players play like the can or should.

Here are some names to keep an eye on AKRNA. In no particular order.

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama*- (Todd McShay stated Warmack is as nasty, strong, and effiecent an OG he has watched on tape. He gave him a preseason grade of 94, which is tied with 6 others as the top preseason grade he gave out).

DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama*- (In the 2 'Bama/LSU games i watched multiple times i was impressed. He did a very good job against LSU's talented ends. I think he is destined to play RT and could be an elite one).

Barrett Jones, OG/OC, Alabama- (He is a personal favorite of mine. Has played all over the OL at 'Bama and always gets the job done. He is destined for the interior in the NFL. He may not be as physically gifted as others, but is just one hell of a football player).

Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan*- (I have watched a lot of Lewan. He is raw, but may be the most physically talented OL in the draft class. I am interested to see how he has progressed).

Chris Faulk, OT, LSU*- (I don't think he is quite the prospect Fluker is, but they are very similar players.)

The rest of these players i haven't seen much of, but are rated highly by numerous "gurus" and sites.

Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M*- (Plays LT for A&M)
Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M*- (Plays RT for A&M and is the son of HoFer Bruce Matthews)
Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
Khaled Holmes, C, USC

All of these players are thought of quite highly thus far. All of them except Khaled Holmes and Jonathan Cooper i have seen considered as 1st round prospects. As you can see, it could be one a hell of a group.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Has it sits now in the preseason the OL class looks like it could be quite strong. If some juniors declare, the OT class could be the strongest/deepest position in the 2013 draft.....that is, of course, if players play like the can or should.

Here are some names to keep an eye on AKRNA. In no particular order.

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama*- (Todd McShay stated Warmack is as nasty, strong, and effiecent an OG he has watched on tape. He gave him a preseason grade of 94, which is tied with 6 others as the top preseason grade he gave out).

DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama*- (In the 2 'Bama/LSU games i watched multiple times i was impressed. He did a very good job against LSU's talented ends. I think he is destined to play RT and could be an elite one).

Barrett Jones, OG/OC, Alabama- (He is a personal favorite of mine. Has played all over the OL at 'Bama and always gets the job done. He is destined for the interior in the NFL. He may not be as physically gifted as others, but is just one hell of a football player).

Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan*- (I have watched a lot of Lewan. He is raw, but may be the most physically talented OL in the draft class. I am interested to see how he has progressed).

Chris Faulk, OT, LSU*- (I don't think he is quite the prospect Fluker is, but they are very similar players.)

The rest of these players i haven't seen much of, but are rated highly by numerous "gurus" and sites.

Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M*- (Plays LT for A&M)
Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M*- (Plays RT for A&M and is the son of HoFer Bruce Matthews)
Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
Khaled Holmes, C, USC

All of these players are thought of quite highly thus far. All of them except Khaled Holmes and Jonathan Cooper i have seen considered as 1st round prospects. As you can see, it could be one a hell of a group.

Thanx germ! I'll have to try to see some of these guys. Thats a pretty long list for OL talent. I'd already heard of mathews. Quite a pedigree/
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le'Veon Bell last night Shocked
50 total touches (44 carries, 6 receptions)
265 total yards (210 rushing, 55 receiving)
2 TD's

WOW. Good start to the season there. He got way too many carries if you ask me but thats what Mich St. wants to do, pound the rock. He had some very nice carries though. Ran with good vision, had some nice cuts, and showed decent speed.

For week one, theres actually a couple big games today for College Football too. Surprising...

Bama vs. Michigan
Auburn vs. Clemson
Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech
Louisville vs. Kentucky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Fluker a lot as a prospect. I'm hoping he's a guy that's gonna be available for us to draft. Also, I think DE is going to be a target of this team come draft time, maybe WR too. Just a hunch, but I think we're gonna load up on weapons.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched 3 games last night and came away very impressed with a couple prospects:

Auburn vs. Clemson:
- DE Corey Lemonier (Auburn) stood out to me with a very impressive game last night. Hes known for his pass rushing skills but last night showed hes more than capable against the run. He set the edge multiple times against Clemson forcing the RB to cut inside, too bad Auburns LBers had an absolutely terrible game.
- TE Brandon Ford (Clemson) was another standout. He had a couple disgusting dropped passes (on critical downs) but was an absolute monster in the run game. I saw multiple plays where he pancaked 2 guys on one play. He needs some work on pass blocking but hes a tank when you get him blocking downfield. If were in need of a run-blocking TE, which we are, Id be willing to take a late round shot on him.

Alabama vs. Michigan:
- OG Chance Warmack (Alabama)- a lot has been said of him lately so I finally got a chance to see him live. The guy is an absolute monster. In my opinion, he could be the best guard Ive seen in the run game. Granted it was against an average Michigan DL, Im looking forward to watching him more this season.
- CB Dee Milliner (Alabama)- Very underrated player and one I think can sneak into the mid-1st before its all said and done. Plays great in press coverage and has the knack for the football. Alabama didnt have great quarterback play against them last night so I look forward to seeing the likes of Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, and Tyler Wilson throw against Milliner.

Oregon vs. Arkansas St.:
- RB/PR/WR Kenyon Barner (Oregon)- Lightning SPEED. What else can be said about this guy? The guy is straight up electric in space. Id love to get a burner like him as a returner and a change of pace RB.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I like Fluker a lot as a prospect. I'm hoping he's a guy that's gonna be available for us to draft. Also, I think DE is going to be a target of this team come draft time, maybe WR too. Just a hunch, but I think we're gonna load up on weapons.

I think that Fluker could be a very good prospect. However, he does seem to have some Andre Smith in him. I wonder if he will be able to control his weight enough to be a force outside. I am going on record right now of officially starting the Barrett Jones bandwagon. He can play anywhere on the line at an above average level. I think he will be dominant at any of the interior positions day one. He will be above average to very good at RT and serviceable at LT. He would be a terrific pick if he is available

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was hard to really pay close attention to anything at the Alabama/Michigan game, especially in the standing room only section. I watched the game mostly on the huge screens in the middle, but they filmed the game terribly by zooming in on the QB's until the ball was snapped so it was difficult to tell where any players were lined up.

Anyway, a few things I did catch.

1. DJ Fluker lined up at RT and I wasn't terribly impressed. It was 1 game and difficult to see, but I think he is a RT all the way that will have struggles in pass pro.
2. Depriest was all over the field for 'Bama in the 1st half and seemed like he was in on every play.
3. Taylor Lewan played a solid game. He wasn't dominant, but if he reaches his potential he could be.
4. AJ Mccarron is a legitimate QB prospect and I think Saban has handed the reins of the team over to him. This 'Bama offense is going to be different from years past and Mccarron is going to be asked to win some football games instead of manage them.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To our college experts in this forum:

Who are potential first round...

MLBs
WLBs
DTs
DEs

that could be in the 21-32 range and fit our system?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan cambell LB! this dudes a monster!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#9 for Notre Dame looks like he ate two puppies for breakfast this morning.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, TEO needs to be the #1 pick for the Broncos next year. I am saying it now. If the Broncos don't need many holes to plug, I would give up two or three later round picks for him. He would be THE perfect pick.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
However, TEO needs to be the #1 pick for the Broncos next year. I am saying it now. If the Broncos don't need many holes to plug, I would give up two or three later round picks for him. He would be THE perfect pick.

Im with you on giving up a 2nd and/or 3rd to move up, however, that doesnt seem like the new front office way.

Plus I think Teo will end up a top-10 pick. It will have to be a move like the Falcons made to get Julio Jones to get Teo IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Im with you on giving up a 2nd and/or 3rd to move up, however, that doesnt seem like the new front office way.

Plus I think Teo will end up a top-10 pick. It will have to be a move like the Falcons made to get Julio Jones to get Teo IMO.

Whats his range like jersey? Can he be a 3 down LB.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

I would give our 1st, a second, and a 3rd for him. He is more than just athletic, but I could see him being an emotional leader. He seems to have a mix of Junior Seau and an Al Wilson kind of tenacity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 5 of 83

Jump to: