Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Windy City News: Chicago Bear updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
According to Ann Carroll's facebook Anthony Herrera is visiting the Chicago Bears today.

Shouldn't come as a surprise. He was brought into the league by Tice. (Has it really been that long?)

Thx to Uncle Buck!
milanb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
Christ, Brandon Marshall is as elite as they get at the position.

when did Christ play wide receiver?

He would have been great on a rain-soaked field I would think.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
It's a shame, but as soon as Cutler gets his man, he might lose him for a while.

Brandon Marshall in a fight at a nightclub

This was a great move from a football standpoint for the Bears, but you have to wonder about the situations this guy puts himself in time and again. He was a great value for the price they paid, but I would expect a suspension.

I'm having a hard time seeing why that's a shame. Smile

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
‏‏ @BradBiggs Bears have agreed to terms with RB Michael Bush on a 4-year contract. Total value $14 million. Deal includes $7 million guaranteed

@BradBiggs Addition of Michael Bush likely greases the skids for Marion Barber's exit, if he didn't do that at Denver in December.

@BradBiggs Michael Bush will be solid investment for Bears in event long-term deal doesn't materialize for Matt Forte.

https://twitter.com/#!/bradbiggs

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears receiver Johnny Knox suffered a serious and disturbing back injury in December 2011. As he continues to recover, Knox concedes that he may miss all of the 2012 season.

Knox: ďIt could happen, but Iím staying optimistic. My main focus is in that weight room. Thatís all Iím focusing on. Iím not in a rush to return this is my spine, the core of my body that Iím dealing with. This is not my knee or my ankle or my shoulder. Iím taking my time on this. I really donít know [when I'll be able to practice]. They havenít given me a timetable on that right now. Iíve been out here jogging a little bit just trying to get some muscle memory back, but as far as routes, Iím just working on the little things right now. That, and staying in my playbook.Ē

Shedding 30 pounds from a 185-pound frame while confined to a brace, Knox has regained a third of the weight. He continues to focus on getting the rest of it back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/23/johnny-knox-may-miss-all-of-2012-season/

155 pounds?

Shocked

Webmaster wrote:

Last edited by vike daddy on Thu May 24, 2012 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a thorn in the Vikings whenever we play the Bears. Wish him a speedy recovery!
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
155 pounds?

Shocked

While I'm not fat, I still haven't weighed as low as 155 lbs since I was probably 15 years old. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Brian Urlacher prepares for his 13th NFL season, it also could be his final one with the Bears. Urlacher, who turned 34 on Friday, celebrated his birthday by proclaiming in a radio interview that he may give free agency a whirl in 2013.

Urlacher: ďI think [Bears president] Ted Phillips said when they had the owners meeting theyíre gonna wait until the season is over. See what happens, how I play. Itís kind of exciting. Iíve never been a free agent. So if I can get to free agency weíll see what happens. I no doubt want to finish my career here. Thereís no doubt about that. But you bring in free agency and all that you just never know whatís gonna happen.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/25/urlacher-says-he-may-test-free-agency-in-2013/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bearsí reluctance to offer a lucrative long-term contract to Matt Forte stems in part from concerns that his knees wonít allow him to remain an upper-echelon NFL running back for much longer.

The wear and tear Forte took during a college career at Tulane in which he had nearly 1,000 touches was a concern entering the 2008 NFL draft, and a source told David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune that with more than 1,200 touches under his belt in the NFL, the Bears wonder how long Forteís knees will hold up.

Forteís knee injuries include a torn posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in 2006, a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee in 2009 and a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee in 2011. The Bears may be concerned about the possibility of arthritis becoming a problem for Forte.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/26/bears-have-doubts-that-matt-fortes-knees-can-hold-up/

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/23/forte-not-thrilled-about-cutler-discussing-his-contract/

Quote:
ďIt kind of looks bad when other people speak for you,Ē Forte told the Chicago Sun Times. ď[Cutler] doesnít really know whatís going to happen. Heís not in the negotiations. Heís just being optimistic. He wants me there.Ē

Schism?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promoted after the departure of Martz in January, Mike Tice becomes the club's fifth offensive coordinator in 10 years, and none of the men he follows have been popular for long. But never before have the Bears had a quarterback-receiver-running back trio like Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte. So Tice embarks on an opportunity that looks like the franchise's best hope in some time.

Tice: "The biggest difference (since he had a shot as a head coach) is I am not a first-time, gangly puppy, over-excited rookie position coach. I've cut my teeth as a coach with some great head coaches and some great co-workers, and I have been very lucky to have learned a lot of football from all of the above. Now that I am older and have been down the road -- some of it rocky and some of it smooth -- I know how to go about setting a plan and going and working that plan to become successful as an offense. I think that is the biggest difference. First time around, everything I learned was on the go. This time around, I feel I am a better teacher."

"I've helped establish some good offenses over my career, and I've played in some good offenses over my career. I think I know what a good offense looks like. At the end of the day, we're going to have a certain personality. And at the end of the day, it will be one of explosiveness and one of intelligence and one of rhythm and one of tempo and one of enthusiasm. You have to have all of those to be an elite offense."

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_21144711/ex-vikings-coach-mike-tice-ready-enjoy-ride

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Price is heading to Chicago. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have announced that they traded Price, a defensive tackle who started 14 games in Tampa Bay last season, to the Bears for an undisclosed 2013 draft pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/26/bucs-trade-brian-price-to-bears/

Webmaster wrote:
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the bears Preseason game and Alshon Jeffrey still looks fat. Idk if it's his build, but he doesn't come back for the ball very hard and just looks fat and lazy.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Watching the bears Preseason game and Alshon Jeffrey still looks fat. Idk if it's his build, but he doesn't come back for the ball very hard and just looks fat and lazy.

thats the reason why i wanted nothing to do with him and why he fell to round 2. he looks sloppy.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

thats the reason why i wanted nothing to do with him and why he fell to round 2. he looks sloppy.

It's not shaping up to be a great reciever class. You have the headcase (Blackmon), the guy who doesn't seem to care (Jeffery), the rawer than raw project (Hill), and the walking injury (Childs).

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 25 of 37

Jump to: