Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Heath Evans is the Ultimate Ravens Hater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlaccoForever

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Heath Evans is the Ultimate Ravens Hater Reply with quote

I was watching NFL Network earlier and they were having a Flacco v.s. Ryan debate as it relates to who will have the better season. Willie McGinest was with Joe all the way and of course Evans said far and away Matt Ryan. Willie pointed out all the weapons Joe has to work with (he likes all of them a lot) and Evans laughed at everything he said. Evans is convinced the Ravens will fall apart and the defense will crumble. He also mentioned for the 100th time that the Ravens will crash and burn without Terrell Suggs and Jarret Johnson (that's his new theme). Did I also mention that last week he said the Bengals will crush the Ravens Week 1. Evans thinks he's the man since he played with Tom Brady and Drew Brees but he was a sorry [inappropriate/removed] fullback. Believe it or not he's worst than Jamie Dukes, I have no respect for Evans at all. At least Jamie Dukes is coming around to Joe a little bit (he picked the Ravens to go to the Superbowl) and he adores Ray Lewis. I would like to add that Evans has picked on Ryan because of his lack of playoff wins but suddenly he loves him when compared to Joe Flacco. Rant Over lol
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of these "analysts" are also fans, whether they want to admit it or not. Theyve got players and teams they like and players and teams they dont especially like.

Its fair criticism to wonder how we will replace 3 key starters from the front 7, but the bit about Ryan and Flacco and the playoff wins doesnt make much sense.
B&G MVP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, it's frustrating isn't it? Every time that imbecile Warren Sapp comes on the TV I have to mute it because of his obvious bias against the Steelers. You guys probably get a kick out of it over here, but it's gotten to a ridiculous point. He needs to be fired Laughing

Props to mike23md on the awesome signature!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess its a good thing I tend to go into a TV hiatus from NBA finals to NFL preseason then... I tend to miss out on the reoccuring embiciles that the networks have to offer. Not that they'd necessarily bother me, I tend to laugh at them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&G MVP wrote:
Haha, it's frustrating isn't it? Every time that imbecile Warren Sapp comes on the TV I have to mute it because of his obvious bias against the Steelers. You guys probably get a kick out of it over here, but it's gotten to a ridiculous point. He needs to be fired Laughing

I actually don't enjoy it when Sapp trashes the Steelers, I think it's ridiculous that he keeps calling them old and done. As a Ravens fan I do have a strong dislike towards the Steelers by nature but I also respect them very much. It will be another knock down drag out fight between the Ravens and Steelers with the Bengals slowly moving in.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't he actually pick us to beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship? I believe so because I remember being shocked.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
A lot of these "analysts" are also fans, whether they want to admit it or not. Theyve got players and teams they like and players and teams they dont especially like.

Its fair criticism to wonder how we will replace 3 key starters from the front 7, but the bit about Ryan and Flacco and the playoff wins doesnt make much sense.

Yep. Especially the recently retired players who become analysts, they're still fairly close to the situation and their biases will still be in effect. I don't pay much attention to most analysts, there are a few that are fairly good but since a lot of them are somewhat recently retired players it's hard to take them too seriously.

I'm still wondering how Redding could be considered a "key" starter though.
Rebllious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heath hates on the Ravens all the time. Ive heard him say Skip Bayless esque things. He's a joke. They were talking about Flacco vs Ryan & he brings up Falcons have better offensive weapons yet they cant win a playoff game...

I hate Dukes as well he hates on everybody that's not Brees Brady or Rodgers. He hops on QB's bandwagon when they do good. Its hypocritical of him to pick Ravens & 49ers in the SB when Ive heard him say soo many times last year if you dont have a elite QB you wont win a SB.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebllious wrote:
Heath hates on the Ravens all the time. Ive heard him say Skip Bayless esque things. He's a joke. They were talking about Flacco vs Ryan & he brings up Falcons have better offensive weapons yet they cant win a playoff game...

I hate Dukes as well he hates on everybody that's not Brees Brady or Rodgers. He hops on QB's bandwagon when they do good. Its hypocritical of him to pick Ravens & 49ers in the SB when Ive heard him say soo many times last year if you dont have a elite QB you wont win a SB.

The funny thing is Evans was hating on the Falcons for not winning a playoff game with Matt Ryan a month ago, he even mocked his Matty Ice nickname. They discuss Flacco and the Ravens and he suddenly loves Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Far as Dukes I do find it odd that the Ravens and 49ers are his picks for the Superbowl, I'm guessing he's feeling pressure from both fanbases through twitter. He always brings up how Ravens and 49ers fans are coming at him hard on twitter about him bashing both teams' QBs.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs fan here....
I believe it was Evans that was one of the commentators for a recently televised Chiefs vs. Cardinals scrimmage and he was gushing about Matt Cassel and I distinctly remember him saying among many things that Cassel had a "canon for an arm" - that was when I lost alot of respect for Evans and his ability to give a reasonable assessment of ability. According to him, Cassel must have All-Pro ability and I am sure most Chiefs fans will definitely disagree.

On top of that Evans just has an annoying on-air personality.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlaccoForever wrote:
Rebllious wrote:

The funny thing is Evans was hating on the Falcons for not winning a playoff game with Matt Ryan a month ago, he even mocked his Matty Ice nickname. They discuss Flacco and the Ravens and he suddenly loves Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Far as Dukes I do find it odd that the Ravens and 49ers are his picks for the Superbowl, I'm guessing he's feeling pressure from both fanbases through twitter. He always brings up how Ravens and 49ers fans are coming at him hard on twitter about him bashing both teams' QBs.

Appeasing fan-bases is totally something I want from my analysts.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: