Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Charlie Peprah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stone85

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Charlie Peprah Reply with quote

What do you think?

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Charlie Peprah Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
What do you think?

Highly doubtful. From the sound of it Bigby is meshing extremely well with the first team defense, and Taylor's coming along fine (a bit under the radar, but when it comes to middle round rookies I'll take under the radar over earning mention because he's looking like a boy among men), from Gehlkin's last Mail Bag post, it sounds like Taylor's going through the usual rookie learning process (and safety is one of those positions that you don't typically just jump from college to the pro's seamlessly).

Sounds more like we're in the market for veteran depth at CB, not safety.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way. He's one of the worst safeties in the league(if not the worst safety in the league). Weddle is obviously better, and I'd rather have Stuckey, Bigby, and Taylor than him as well.
Stone85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol he's really that bad?

And I don't know much about Taylor at all. If he can help this year that'd be great.

And yeah CB is clearly a problem. I'm rooting for Gilchrist as a sleeper this year.

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
mgoblue44

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:

And I don't know much about Taylor at all. If he can help this year that'd be great.

And yeah CB is clearly a problem. I'm rooting for Gilchrist as a sleeper this year.

Yes.

Im all for just rolling the dice on Bigby and Taylor. I really like Taylor and loved the pick.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:

The guy is slow as molasses. What people tend to forget is that Charles Woodson/AJ Hawk were effectively rotating the role of a 3rd safety (hence why Green Bay was using a lot of set with only two downed linemen), so even though Peprah was a starter, he also had a ton of cover in the backfield - and more than likely had Nick Collins managed to recover from his neck injury, Peprah would have been pushed and likely succeeded by Morgan Burnett.

It says a lot about Peprah, in my estimation, that Dom Capers (a DB-centric coach; that was the position specialty he had when he was a positional coach back in the day) would rather run with a late round second year guy and a UDFA instead of Peprah - though again, that's because Green Bay's scheme allows them to safeguard that second safety with a makeshift third one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
The guy is slow as molasses. What people tend to forget is that Charles Woodson/AJ Hawk were effectively rotating the role of a 3rd safety (hence why Green Bay was using a lot of set with only two downed linemen), so even though Peprah was a starter, he also had a ton of cover in the backfield - and more than likely had Nick Collins managed to recover from his neck injury, Peprah would have been pushed and likely succeeded by Morgan Burnett.

It says a lot about Peprah, in my estimation, that Dom Capers (a DB-centric coach; that was the position specialty he had when he was a positional coach back in the day) would rather run with a late round second year guy and a UDFA instead of Peprah - though again, that's because Green Bay's scheme allows them to safeguard that second safety with a makeshift third one.
Morgan Burnett was a third round pick. But you did cover Peprah's mediocrity well, he's just that - a mediocre starter, decent backup. Burnett blows him away in every category.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Stone85 wrote:

Burnett beat out Peprah as a rookie and a second year guy. As a rookie he got hurt after showing a ton of promise as a third round pick, and his second year Collins was hurt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: