Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Flynn's starts broken down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Matt Flynn's starts broken down Reply with quote

I was rewatching some Packer games from last year, and Week 17 rolled up on the dial. I decided that I should add to my previous Flynn video. I try and watch every play from an X and O's perspective, seeing who did what. Any Questions just ask.

Here's my old video and I was a little disheartened watching it. My newer one I hope is much better. It's uploading now and should be ready in about 2 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGQoa-L1KQ&t=3m19s

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adud3fLmUJ8&feature=youtu.be

Play 1: One Safety moves down into the box, and the corners are giving a big cushion. Flynn and Driver both know theyíre facing Cover 3, hence Driverís 13 yard comeback. Easy completion.
Play 2: 8 in the box again, this time the Corners are playing tight meaning Cover 1. Everything works, Jordy beats his guy, except Flynn gets his arm hit.
Play 3: More Cover 1, just a well-executed play by the Lions defense. A lot of times Jordy will get open down the sideline without Safety help over the top. Corner just did a nice job bumping him to the sideline and shutting the window.
Play 4: Clifton got beat on a stunt. Iíve got the hit clocked at 2.57 seconds, not much Flynn can do about that. He does need to be more careful with the ball, however, and tuck it away when he senses heís going to get hit.
Play 5: Looking at Cover 2, Primary read is the screen, hot route is Finley on the short comeback. Suh gets in the backfield too quickly, so Finley becomes the target. Finley drops the ball.
Play 6: Cover 2 Off-Man. Lions are playing off, protecting the first down marker. Finley doesnít get deep enough on his route and is saved by an extremely generous spot.
Play 7: Same play from both sides as Play 5. Lions recognize it and cover up both Finley and the screen. Either good defense or bad play-calling depending on who you ask.
Play 8: Lions are back to Cover 1. Outstanding play by Flynn: sensing pressure, escaping the pocket, and delivering an accurate ball while rolling left knowing heís going to take a shot. Good awareness by Jordy to break off his route.
Play 9: Cover 1 Man-Off. Flynn hits the quick hitch for a short gain. Heís taking what the defense is giving him.
Play 10: Cover 1 Man-On. Flynn gets hit as he throws. Clifton keeps getting abused. Hit is timed at 2.90 seconds. Hard to blame Flynn on this one.
Play 11: Cover 1 Man-On with a delayed blitz. Blitz doesnít get there and Flynn recognizes the mismatch that is a Safety isolated on Jermichael Finley.
Play 12: An almost identical play as #7. While itís true that the screen game will slow down their rush, maybe itís time to scrap this one?
Play 13: Cover 1 Man-On, give credit to the Lions D, they bottled up everything. Driverís the best option here but the CB broke it up. Ball placement was perfect, sometimes it just doesnít happen.
Play 14: Goal Line Prevent, not much you can do other than tip your hat. They shut down the endzone so the checkdown to Kuhn is the proper play. He just doesnít break any tackles like youíre hoping he does.
Play 15: Disguised Cover-3. Fantastic read by Flynn. The headfake pulls the LBs up and Flynn hits Jennings on the slant. If that CB doesnít trip him up Jennings has nobody but a Safety in front of him.
Play 16: Cover-3, Flynn hits Finley on the short comeback before the Lions LB can get over.
Play 17: Still in Cover-3, Nice coverage by the Lions CB to keep Jordy blanketed on that comeback. Flynn takes what he can get.
Play 18: Back to Cover-1 Man-On, Jordy beats his guy on a deep in pattern, Flynn puts it on the money.
Play 19: Nice job identifying the matchup. Ladies and Gentleman, Jordy Nelson
Play 20: Cover-1 Man-On with two coming on the blitz. Nice job to escape the pocket and deliver a catchable. Pass Interference went uncalled.
Play 21: Cover-3, Slot CB got lucky. He bit on the fake and just threw his hand up. Flynn did everything fine there.
Play 22: Cover-1 Man-Off with a blitzer. Flynn recognized and hit the scat protection perfectly. Great downfield blocking sprung Grant.
Play 23: I think this is Cover-2, hard to tell on a quick hitter like this one. Packers are running a Draw/Swing option. Read man is the guy lined up over Jones, if he stays home itís a regular shotgun draw, if he bites like he does here Flynn pulls it up and throws the swing screen. I like this play a lot.
Play 24: Cover-1, Flynn and Jordy saw the corner moving backwards and thought Cover-3. CB did a really nice job of sugaring that coverage, making a read and breaking on the ball. Thatís an experience rep, give Flynn some more game time and heíll handle that.
Play 25: Cover-1 Man-On, Finley isolated on a Safety. Like shooting fish in a barrel
Play 26: Cover-1 Man-On, Jordy pulls his guy down, leaving Driver and Flynn with the entire left side of the field to throw a fade on. CB knows heís beat and grabs on for the PI Penalty.
Play 27: Cover-1 Man-Off, Flynn pulls the Defense off-sides with the hard count. Recognizes Jordyís height advantage and takes a shot. Jordy makes a hell of a play and pulls it down.
Play 28: See some Tampa-2 principles here. MIKEís scared of getting beat so he cheats deep. Finley sits down in the evacuated zone.
Play 29: Cover-2 Man-Off, perfectly set up screen, until Sitton fails on his block.
Play 30: More Tampa-2, Lions are trying to prevent the big play and Flynn is killing them underneath.
Play 31: More Tampa-2, hit Kuhn underneath for a short gain.
Play 32: Cover-4, Flynn hits Jones on a comeback route. When the Lions try Tampa-2 and Cover-4 it means theyíre desperate.
Play 33: Cover-1 one of the CBs didnít hear the defensive audible so both On and Off, hits Finley on another comeback route.
Play 34: 9 in the box with one WR, nice fake either the LB made an amazing play getting a finger on that ball or Jones dropped it. Hard to tell.
Play 35: Cover-1 sugared as a Cover-3. Jordy faked out the CB to get himself open, bad read by Flynn in a similar situation as the INT he threw earlier.
Play 36: Cover-1 Man-On with a blitz. Blitz got picked up and Jordy beat his Corner on a comeback.
Play 37: Cover-1 Man-Off, Awful play by the Lions DBs but the window was still pretty damn tight and Flynn dropped it in perfectly. Allowing a 40 yard bomb right between the hashes in Cover-1: Ladies and Gentleman, Chris Harris
Play 38: Back to the Tampa-2, back to 6 yards per play.
Play 39: Cover-1 Man-Split, Suh beats EDS on a sack, timed at 2.83, tough to blame on Flynn, but wait, the guy defending the checkdown option got called for holding wiping out the play.
Play 40: Cover-1 with 8 in the box, Wells got beat immediately and Flynn ended up backpedaling into Newhouseís guy. Not even worth timing it, clearly not Flynnís fault.
Play 41: Back to the Tampa-2, right on cue a swing pass to Brandon Saine for a first down.
Play 42: Cover-0 with two guyís blitzing, the protection holds up for long enough and Flynn hits a wide open Driver who scores fairly easily.
Play 43: Tampa-2, another check down for 5 yards, this time on a curl to Saine.
Play 44: Cover-2 Man-Off and the Lions finally get a stop on 3rd down. Nobody got open before the pressure was on Flynn and he didnít have time to reset his feet. Good defense by the Lions.
Play 45: Tampa-2, 15 yard strike to James Jones on a post.
Play 46: Tampa-2, 7 yard curl to Brandon Saine. Gunther Cunningham is either drunk or has no understanding of situational defense.
Play 47: Cover-2 Man-Off, Jordy got open on a comeback but the ball got away from Flynn.
Play 48: Cover-2 Man-Split, hard to make a call on this play because Driver slipped but that looked like an ill-advised throw. Lucky it wasnít picked off.
Play 49: Cover-4, Jordy gets underneath the backpedaling linebackers and Flynn checks it down for a gain of 5.
Play 50: Cover-2 Man-Off, Flynn throws the most beautiful fade thrown by any QB this season. If youíre a Seahawks fan and this throw doesnít put a rise in your shorts, go see your doctor.
Play 51: Cover-1 on the goal line, A bang-fade to Finley perfectly thrown by Flynn.
hdshot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn shows a lot he can keep the drive alive and manage the game which we starved from last year. Should be less 3 and out's this year.

I believe the Hawks with the good Oline and running game will make him have good success.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000046935/article/matt-flynn-will-be-seahawks-starting-qb-vs-titans?module=HP11_headline_stack

GL. No injuries!

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the Hass vs locker comp go'en?
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:

Everyone is ready to see our future start (Locker). But personally, looking at our schedule, our first 5-6 games will be very tough. I bet our FO let's Hass start and depending how he's doing midway through.. will dictate if he plays deep into the season.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
hdshot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
hdshot wrote:

Everyone is ready to see our future start (Locker). But personally, looking at our schedule, our first 5-6 games will be very tough. I bet our FO let's Hass start and depending how he's doing midway through.. will dictate if he plays deep into the season.

I feel your pain. I about choked when PC said he was going to everything to keep Hass. Jax is worse but was good at taking the hits for the o-line to get better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: