Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp report thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Only 4 holdouts remain in the entire NFL

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/05/as-preseason-starts-four-holdouts-remain/

meh,
Cecil needed more reps and improved.
Jennings looked good in mjd's departure.

Cecil has looked great. Been catching everything, running good routes and getting separation in the short to intermediate game. Blaine hasn't really been throwing deep though.

green24 wrote:
The Jets LBs have looked great. David Harris has been his usual self. Aaron Maybin and Ricky Sapp have been stars rushing the passer and look to have large roles this season. Calvin Pace was credited with a sack in the scrimmage game yesterday. Demario Davis, just activated off of the PUP list, also had a sack in the game.

Aaron Maybin and Ricky Sapp? I hope not. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/05/as-preseason-starts-four-holdouts-remain/

meh,

Cecil has looked great. Been catching everything, running good routes and getting separation in the short to intermediate game. Blaine hasn't really been throwing deep though.

green24 wrote:
The Jets LBs have looked great. David Harris has been his usual self. Aaron Maybin and Ricky Sapp have been stars rushing the passer and look to have large roles this season. Calvin Pace was credited with a sack in the scrimmage game yesterday. Demario Davis, just activated off of the PUP list, also had a sack in the game.

Maybin has been pretty good since joining the jets and is apparently blowing it up in camp. If anyone can get him to reach his potential, it's Rex Ryan.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

meh,

green24 wrote:

Maybin has been pretty good since joining the jets and is apparently blowing it up in camp. If anyone can get him to reach his potential, it's Rex Ryan.
Like with Gholston right?

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

meh,

green24 wrote:

Quote:
Aaron Maybin, OLB, New York Jets

In two seasons with the Bills, first-round pick Aaron Maybin never recorded a sack. If youíre drafted for your pass-rushing skills, thatís a pretty good sign that youíre a bust. But since being picked up by the Jets, Maybin has six sacks in limited playing time. Was he really a bust, or was he simply misused by the Bills?

The numbers may say that he was an untapped talent, but a closer look at Maybinís sacks seems to indicate they are more a function of good coverage than great pass-rushing skills. Of Maybinís six sacks, only one has been recorded in less than three seconds.

Three of them have taken longer than 3.5 seconds. Two of them have come on bootlegs where Maybin eventually ran down quarterbacks as they ran out of room to run at the sideline. Those are closer to sacks of opportunity than a demonstration of any real skill at rushing the passer. Maybin isnít beating linemen head up as much as heís working his way to sacks by simply never giving up on a play.

To his credit, when he does catch up to a quarterback, he makes things happen. On three of his six sacks, he has forced a fumble.

Every year, there are a lot of players that have great camps. I'll believe Maybin when I see it on the field on Sundays.

mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

meh,

green24 wrote:

Quote:

In two seasons with the Bills, first-round pick Aaron Maybin never recorded a sack. If youíre drafted for your pass-rushing skills, thatís a pretty good sign that youíre a bust. But since being picked up by the Jets, Maybin has six sacks in limited playing time. Was he really a bust, or was he simply misused by the Bills?

The numbers may say that he was an untapped talent, but a closer look at Maybinís sacks seems to indicate they are more a function of good coverage than great pass-rushing skills. Of Maybinís six sacks, only one has been recorded in less than three seconds.

Three of them have taken longer than 3.5 seconds. Two of them have come on bootlegs where Maybin eventually ran down quarterbacks as they ran out of room to run at the sideline. Those are closer to sacks of opportunity than a demonstration of any real skill at rushing the passer. Maybin isnít beating linemen head up as much as heís working his way to sacks by simply never giving up on a play.

To his credit, when he does catch up to a quarterback, he makes things happen. On three of his six sacks, he has forced a fumble.

Every year, there are a lot of players that have great camps. I'll believe Maybin when I see it on the field on Sundays.

i mean, maybin did have 6 sacks and 4 ff last year
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

meh,

green24 wrote:

Quote:

i mean, maybin did have 6 sacks and 4 ff last year

Which were almost entirely scramble or coverage sacks. Until proven otherwise, I'll consider it a fluke.

Abe56

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

meh,

green24 wrote:

There is not a coach in NFL history who could have gotten something out of Gholston.

64 Tackles, 10.5 Sacks, 6 STF, 2 FF, 1 INT, 3 PD

2nd Team All Pro

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

meh,

We can't (fans) figure out if it a confidence thing or Mularkey trying to get his confidence up? But when he has had time/thrown it deep he is either throwing it high, or on the money...I guess I don't know enough about Mularkey elsewhere to know if these short passes are his system or what...but what I do know is Gabbert has picked it up quick and has shown improvement and command, which at times, was something he didn't have last season.

#JDI
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Another one of these comments... Rex didn't choose Gholston, he was stuck with him. And no one could have made Gholston anything in the NFL.

And Aaron Maybin already showed ability last season season, he is nothing like Gholston. Maybin had pretty good pass rushing numbers despite the limited playing time.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

meh,

green24 wrote:

Quote:

I'm not crowning him the next jared Allen I'm just saying I think he could turn into a decent situational rusher for them. He has the talent, he's added some weight and seems more motivated than ever plus He showed more last year than every year so far. It may just take some players a few years...look at Heyward Bey and McFadden for example, both were all but declared busts after their first two seasons. Even Aaron Curry played pretty good last year and seems rejuvenated. Some guys just need that change of scenery.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

meh,

green24 wrote:

I guess because gholston didn't work out that means maybin won't?
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

-Dwayne Bowe
-Mike Wallace
-Justin Blackmon
-MJD

Rough for the Jags

meh,

We can't (fans) figure out if it a confidence thing or Mularkey trying to get his confidence up? But when he has had time/thrown it deep he is either throwing it high, or on the money...I guess I don't know enough about Mularkey elsewhere to know if these short passes are his system or what...but what I do know is Gabbert has picked it up quick and has shown improvement and command, which at times, was something he didn't have last season.

Mularkey teaches his QBs not to force throws to avoid turnovers. My guess is that a lot of it has to do with that.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, ok. Guess we're going to have to start have a separate column for coverage sacks a player gets, so we know who sucks, Rolling Eyes

Gholston is irrelevant when it comes to Maybin. If Gholston had half the heart Maybin has, he'd still be on the Jets.

Maybin probably won't be more than a situational guy, but that's exactly what the Jets need. I honestly can't remember the last time the Jets had a guy get over 10 sacks in a season. Maybin certainly has a chance to be that guy.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
.flash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
Another one of these comments... Rex didn't choose Gholston, he was stuck with him. And no one could have made Gholston anything in the NFL.

And Aaron Maybin already showed ability last season season, he is nothing like Gholston. Maybin had pretty good pass rushing numbers despite the limited playing time.
I believe pass rushing is a skill that shows up from day one. Either you have it, or you don't. Maybin didn't show it and I'm with the others, I'll believe it when I see it on Sundays.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I honestly can't remember the last time the Jets had a guy get over 10 sacks in a season. Maybin certainly has a chance to be that guy.

John Abraham, 2005

He's done it 3 times since then as a Falcon, but I'm pretty sure you guys are pretty happy having Mangold instead Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

Jump to: