Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Luke Kuechly....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jbegley8


Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Luke Kuechly.... Reply with quote

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/04/3430768/panthers-top-pick-kuechly-making.html

Everyone should read this, its a really good read on Luke Kuechly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doubletroublelv


Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 181
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read, I have a man crush on him now......... No homo Laughing
_________________


Props to eggy on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2273
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Kuechly pre-draft, during the college season. I liked him even more during the draft process. When we took him, I was excited, but apprehensive about taking the "safe guy".

But really, I love this kid, no homo, and he's already becoming my favorite defensive player. Gonna need a new sig soon.
_________________

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21254
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more proud that we drafted an excellent human being. I honestly think his floor is Brian Urlacher and that's scary.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Global Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19186
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I really liked Kuechly pre-draft, during the college season. I liked him even more during the draft process. When we took him, I was excited, but apprehensive about taking the "safe guy".

But really, I love this kid, no homo, and he's already becoming my favorite defensive player. Gonna need a new sig soon.
Really, really don't understand this. Never have. Just screams insecurity to me.

Regardless, great article. I love this type of player. Get the feeling he's going to be something special and I'm glad he's on our team, surrounded by such quality LBs.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moody


Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 679
Location: Roma
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said the team needed an instant impact player/leader on defense in addition to Beason. I feel like they drafted superman in back to back years
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2273
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum desperately needs an ignore function.
_________________

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron


Last edited by Cypher on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24835
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....Luke Kuechly.....

Dude's awesome.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Global Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19186
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
This forum desperately needs an ignore function.
Ignore it all you want. The whole "no homo" thing just smacks of juvinility and insecurity. You express admiration for a player, but you're worried people will mistake it for sexual attraction? On what planet does that happen? Nobody on Earth thinks sexual preference is even remotely relevant until you make it an issue by saying "no homo". Except, then you sound like Lady Macbeth. Beyond that, what's the worse that could happen? Even if somebody else was delusional enough to think you were making a comment regarding sexual preference, some random person on the internet thinks you're gay. And that means ... what, exactly? Nothing.

It's an asinine trend and frankly I hate it. So, when I see it, I ask about it. Because seriously, why do you think making a comment like that is something which is necessary? Both you and double did it. Just trying to figure out why. It makes literally no sense to me.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpanthers178990


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 2896
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been rockin the avy since the day after he was drafted, just saying.
_________________
SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Global Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19186
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Been rockin the avy since the day after he was drafted, just saying.
That's true. You were out in front on this one. As soon as I started hearing that we might draft him, I really started to think it'd be a great pick. Love everything I've seen so far. Hope he keeps impressing like he has up to now.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marschmellow


Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 815
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
This forum desperately needs an ignore function.
Ignore it all you want. The whole "no homo" thing just smacks of juvinility and insecurity. You express admiration for a player, but you're worried people will mistake it for sexual attraction? On what planet does that happen? Nobody on Earth thinks sexual preference is even remotely relevant until you make it an issue by saying "no homo". Except, then you sound like Lady Macbeth. Beyond that, what's the worse that could happen? Even if somebody else was delusional enough to think you were making a comment regarding sexual preference, some random person on the internet thinks you're gay. And that means ... what, exactly? Nothing.

It's an asinine trend and frankly I hate it. So, when I see it, I ask about it. Because seriously, why do you think making a comment like that is something which is necessary? Both you and double did it. Just trying to figure out why. It makes literally no sense to me.


I'm with you, Fretgod. I take offense to it, in fact, because it's like you're saying that being gay is so horrible that you have to go out of your way to clarify that you're not. And if you keep arguing that "you don't mean it like that" or that it's not homophobic, I'll become even more convinced that you're 15.

Anyway, not to brag (okay, to brag), but I was really hoping we'd take Kuechly. Even if we were several spots higher, I still would have preferred him over anyone else. He was by far the best player available, and I really think QB is about the only position that you shouldn't draft if you're already strong there. I mean, how often do guys go down or underachieve? Has any team in history ever whined because they had too many good players at one position? Kuechly was clearly such a stud and there's no way you can pass up a guy like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2273
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marschmellow wrote:
I'm with you, Fretgod. I take offense to it, in fact, because it's like you're saying that being gay is so horrible that you have to go out of your way to clarify that you're not. And if you keep arguing that "you don't mean it like that" or that it's not homophobic, I'll become even more convinced that you're 15.


Rolling Eyes

It's the internet. Not everything is meant to be taken in such a literal sense. For the record, i'm openly bisexual, and have two openly gay relatives. Trust me, i'm not "scared of the gay" like so many people who live in the South. From what I know, the whole "no homo" thing stems from a Lil Wayne song, which a lot of people found amusing, myself included.

I think this really stems from how far out of touch some people are with the "meme" generation. The intarwebz are not taken seriously anymore.
_________________

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FriendlyEnemy


Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 1997
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to right the ship...

Anyone else drooling over the idea of Kuechly and fully recovered Beason? If we could get some competent DT play then we could have a tremendously improved defense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpanthers178990


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 2896
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Been rockin the avy since the day after he was drafted, just saying.
That's true. You were out in front on this one. As soon as I started hearing that we might draft him, I really started to think it'd be a great pick. Love everything I've seen so far. Hope he keeps impressing like he has up to now.



Yeah I think years down the road we will be marveling at getting Cam Newton and Luke Keuchly in back to back years.
_________________
SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group