Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Luke Kuechly....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbegley8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Luke Kuechly.... Reply with quote

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/04/3430768/panthers-top-pick-kuechly-making.html

Everyone should read this, its a really good read on Luke Kuechly.
doubletroublelv

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read, I have a man crush on him now......... No homo Laughing

Props to eggy on the sig
Cypher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Kuechly pre-draft, during the college season. I liked him even more during the draft process. When we took him, I was excited, but apprehensive about taking the "safe guy".

But really, I love this kid, no homo, and he's already becoming my favorite defensive player. Gonna need a new sig soon.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more proud that we drafted an excellent human being. I honestly think his floor is Brian Urlacher and that's scary.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I really liked Kuechly pre-draft, during the college season. I liked him even more during the draft process. When we took him, I was excited, but apprehensive about taking the "safe guy".

But really, I love this kid, no homo, and he's already becoming my favorite defensive player. Gonna need a new sig soon.
Really, really don't understand this. Never have. Just screams insecurity to me.

Regardless, great article. I love this type of player. Get the feeling he's going to be something special and I'm glad he's on our team, surrounded by such quality LBs.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said the team needed an instant impact player/leader on defense in addition to Beason. I feel like they drafted superman in back to back years
Cypher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum desperately needs an ignore function.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron

Last edited by Cypher on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....Luke Kuechly.....

Dude's awesome.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Ignore it all you want. The whole "no homo" thing just smacks of juvinility and insecurity. You express admiration for a player, but you're worried people will mistake it for sexual attraction? On what planet does that happen? Nobody on Earth thinks sexual preference is even remotely relevant until you make it an issue by saying "no homo". Except, then you sound like Lady Macbeth. Beyond that, what's the worse that could happen? Even if somebody else was delusional enough to think you were making a comment regarding sexual preference, some random person on the internet thinks you're gay. And that means ... what, exactly? Nothing.

It's an asinine trend and frankly I hate it. So, when I see it, I ask about it. Because seriously, why do you think making a comment like that is something which is necessary? Both you and double did it. Just trying to figure out why. It makes literally no sense to me.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been rockin the avy since the day after he was drafted, just saying.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
That's true. You were out in front on this one. As soon as I started hearing that we might draft him, I really started to think it'd be a great pick. Love everything I've seen so far. Hope he keeps impressing like he has up to now.

MrDrew wrote:
marschmellow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Ignore it all you want. The whole "no homo" thing just smacks of juvinility and insecurity. You express admiration for a player, but you're worried people will mistake it for sexual attraction? On what planet does that happen? Nobody on Earth thinks sexual preference is even remotely relevant until you make it an issue by saying "no homo". Except, then you sound like Lady Macbeth. Beyond that, what's the worse that could happen? Even if somebody else was delusional enough to think you were making a comment regarding sexual preference, some random person on the internet thinks you're gay. And that means ... what, exactly? Nothing.

It's an asinine trend and frankly I hate it. So, when I see it, I ask about it. Because seriously, why do you think making a comment like that is something which is necessary? Both you and double did it. Just trying to figure out why. It makes literally no sense to me.

I'm with you, Fretgod. I take offense to it, in fact, because it's like you're saying that being gay is so horrible that you have to go out of your way to clarify that you're not. And if you keep arguing that "you don't mean it like that" or that it's not homophobic, I'll become even more convinced that you're 15.

Anyway, not to brag (okay, to brag), but I was really hoping we'd take Kuechly. Even if we were several spots higher, I still would have preferred him over anyone else. He was by far the best player available, and I really think QB is about the only position that you shouldn't draft if you're already strong there. I mean, how often do guys go down or underachieve? Has any team in history ever whined because they had too many good players at one position? Kuechly was clearly such a stud and there's no way you can pass up a guy like that.
Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marschmellow wrote:
I'm with you, Fretgod. I take offense to it, in fact, because it's like you're saying that being gay is so horrible that you have to go out of your way to clarify that you're not. And if you keep arguing that "you don't mean it like that" or that it's not homophobic, I'll become even more convinced that you're 15.

Rolling Eyes

It's the internet. Not everything is meant to be taken in such a literal sense. For the record, i'm openly bisexual, and have two openly gay relatives. Trust me, i'm not "scared of the gay" like so many people who live in the South. From what I know, the whole "no homo" thing stems from a Lil Wayne song, which a lot of people found amusing, myself included.

I think this really stems from how far out of touch some people are with the "meme" generation. The intarwebz are not taken seriously anymore.

NS922 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to right the ship...

Anyone else drooling over the idea of Kuechly and fully recovered Beason? If we could get some competent DT play then we could have a tremendously improved defense.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
That's true. You were out in front on this one. As soon as I started hearing that we might draft him, I really started to think it'd be a great pick. Love everything I've seen so far. Hope he keeps impressing like he has up to now.

Yeah I think years down the road we will be marveling at getting Cam Newton and Luke Keuchly in back to back years.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: