Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hello!!??!! is it me you're looking for???
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39890
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Hello!!??!! is it me you're looking for??? Reply with quote

Quote:
The NFL is undergoing a tech upgrade, tossing out the old analog system that offensive coordinators used to relay plays to their QBs and implementing one that runs on digital technology. "It's clearer off the bat, and it comes in better," Smith said. "But the last couple of years, it seemed like we never had any problems on the practice field. It's not until you get to the stadium that for some reason it doesn't seem to work as well." The issue was particularly acute two years ago when Jimmy Raye was the OC. The team's inability to get plays into Smith on time was the subject of a scathing Yahoo! Sports story that painted Raye as overmatched by the speed of the game and helped accelerate his ouster. Last year, the 49ers weren't as flummoxed by the radio relay system, but problems persisted. Smith said the connection often would cut out – sometimes in the middle of a play call – causing the team to use hand signals or forcing Smith to improvise.


http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/04/4691438/49ers-notes-nfl-helmet-radios.html#storylink=cpy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8812
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always with excuses. Just be quiet and let your game speak for yourself Alex. This kind of thing only comes from him. I never hear anything about this from any other team. Its a good copout though.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4330
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Always with excuses. Just be quiet and let your game speak for yourself Alex. This kind of thing only comes from him. I never hear anything about this from any other team. Its a good copout though.


He was asked a question about this, it's not like he brought it up on his own in order to make himself look better. You blast others for making excuses for Alex but you are completely blinded by your own bias. Why don't you just leave it be and let Alex's play prove your point if you are so sure you're right?
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13208
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Always with excuses. Just be quiet and let your game speak for yourself Alex. This kind of thing only comes from him. I never hear anything about this from any other team. Its a good copout though.



Go around the league, and you'll probably find these same "excuses" in every team's headquarters, regarding any one of their players. The reason you feel there are more made about Alex is because you're more sensitive to the situation. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were "excuses" being made for a lot more players around the league than you'll ever acknowledge, just because you don't follow other teams as closely as the niners.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22698
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad part isn't the radios, it's that our team never adjusted our timing to the poor radios. We've burned countess timeouts and gotten many delay of games because our inability to adapt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49erjunkie


Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 2767
Location: Closer than you think
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Always with excuses. Just be quiet and let your game speak for yourself Alex. This kind of thing only comes from him. I never hear anything about this from any other team. Its a good copout though.


lol looks like someone loves grasping at straws. Anyway, good thing we are fixing this because it sure was a problem last year.
_________________


Walter Redskins on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CoryH


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 818
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread sucks. Not because of content, but because the title makes me sing that random sing in my head...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Always with excuses. Just be quiet and let your game speak for yourself Alex. This kind of thing only comes from him. I never hear anything about this from any other team. Its a good copout though.



_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NINERFAN_4_LIFE


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 12514
Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Always with excuses. Just be quiet and let your game speak for yourself Alex. This kind of thing only comes from him. I never hear anything about this from any other team. Its a good copout though.


This post is so ridiculous I thought it was sarcasm until I saw who posted it. Unreal.

It was evident watching the games when raye was with us that this was a problem. We would get up to the Los as the clock was hitting 5 seconds on a consistent basis. That is no time to read the d or audible and it really comes down to coaching if it happens more than 2-3 weeks in a row. A qb can only do so much to solve a problem like this when the coaching staff doesn't give him any freedom whatsoever. Sometimes I wonder how much of the games you actually watch. The 49ers are supposed to be a release in your life, a way to take your mind off of things, not stress you out likeit sounds like they are doing. If one thing in your life is supposed to have blind optimism it is supposed to be this. I know that a lot of fans are spoiled because of the dominance that we had over so long but people need to take a step back and realize that they were just lucky to witness those teams and that the type of dominance we had is extremely rare and that it may never happen again in any sport. Get over yourself and get on board with harbaugh, if anyone knows what we need to do to win its him. And he has said from day one that alex is his qb. So I'll support him until he is off the team no matter what happens because at the end of the day he is a 49er. I wasn't alive for the good times and I've sat through many many hard times with this team and it only made love them more. It only made me appreciate the few Sundays a year when we didn't get blown out and Ill pick them to beat any team out there every single week because like is said having optimism is part of being a fan and if you can't see that then you are part of the reasons I consider our fan base one of the worst in football. You arent entitled to elite qb play but when you get it you should feel blessed
_________________
imani wrote:
We got so lucky last season

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39890
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8812
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Always with excuses. Just be quiet and let your game speak for yourself Alex. This kind of thing only comes from him. I never hear anything about this from any other team. Its a good copout though.


This post is so ridiculous I thought it was sarcasm until I saw who posted it. Unreal.

It was evident watching the games when raye was with us that this was a problem. We would get up to the Los as the clock was hitting 5 seconds on a consistent basis. That is no time to read the d or audible and it really comes down to coaching if it happens more than 2-3 weeks in a row. A qb can only do so much to solve a problem like this when the coaching staff doesn't give him any freedom whatsoever. Sometimes I wonder how much of the games you actually watch. The 49ers are supposed to be a release in your life, a way to take your mind off of things, not stress you out likeit sounds like they are doing. If one thing in your life is supposed to have blind optimism it is supposed to be this. I know that a lot of fans are spoiled because of the dominance that we had over so long but people need to take a step back and realize that they were just lucky to witness those teams and that the type of dominance we had is extremely rare and that it may never happen again in any sport. Get over yourself and get on board with harbaugh, if anyone knows what we need to do to win its him. And he has said from day one that alex is his qb. So I'll support him until he is off the team no matter what happens because at the end of the day he is a 49er. I wasn't alive for the good times and I've sat through many many hard times with this team and it only made love them more. It only made me appreciate the few Sundays a year when we didn't get blown out and Ill pick them to beat any team out there every single week because like is said having optimism is part of being a fan and if you can't see that then you are part of the reasons I consider our fan base one of the worst in football. You arent entitled to elite qb play but when you get it you should feel blessed
Get over yourself. All I said was he needs to quit with the excuses. I don't see other teams talking about this stuff, that's why I commented on it. I love the Niners, I'm just tired of excuses from our QB on why he was bad before. He needs to just let it go on what happened in his past. Yeah, he got a raw deal and he played well last year with a real HC. Making excuses for him being bad and blaming everyone but himself when he was part of the problem too isn't going to help anything. How many times are we going to hear this stuff. It's always something with him and I'm tired of seeing it. I'm sorry I don't have blind faith in him just because he is a Niner. There are other guys who I dislike on this team too but I don't hear them making excuses for playing bad.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39890
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I'm just tired of excuses from our QB on why he was bad before. He needs to just let it go on what happened in his past. Yeah, he got a raw deal and he played well last year with a real HC. Making excuses for him being bad and blaming everyone but himself when he was part of the problem too isn't going to help anything. How many times are we going to hear this stuff. It's always something with him and I'm tired of seeing it. I'm sorry I don't have blind faith in him just because he is a Niner. There are other guys who I dislike on this team too but I don't hear them making excuses for playing bad.


Guess you missed or conveniently overlooked when Alex also had this to say....

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/08/inside-the-49ers/alex-smith-discusses-a-j-jenkins-and-more/

Quote:
When you talk to Aaron Rodgers, those other guys do they have the same problem?

“I think the headset problem is universal across the NFL. I think every QB has dealt with it and you have problems. You’ve got to have a plan ready, a Plan B, what you’re going to do.”


Yep. Now our QB is making excuses for the entire league. Laughing

Now ask yourself... if Alex was really looking to make excuses for himself.. would he have mentioned that he felt this particular issue was universal? Alex has always been a pretty stand-up guy when it comes to accountability.

N4L doesn't need to "get over himself"... He's pretty much just asking you to "get over" your constant negativity of our QB. This forum more than ever needs the fans to stop being petty and divisive if it is to survive. That is pretty much where your unnecessary comment comes in. Would be great if fans could wipe the slate clean and just go into the year removed of all the past nonsense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8812
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I'm just tired of excuses from our QB on why he was bad before. He needs to just let it go on what happened in his past. Yeah, he got a raw deal and he played well last year with a real HC. Making excuses for him being bad and blaming everyone but himself when he was part of the problem too isn't going to help anything. How many times are we going to hear this stuff. It's always something with him and I'm tired of seeing it. I'm sorry I don't have blind faith in him just because he is a Niner. There are other guys who I dislike on this team too but I don't hear them making excuses for playing bad.


Guess you missed or conveniently overlooked when Alex also had this to say....

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/08/inside-the-49ers/alex-smith-discusses-a-j-jenkins-and-more/

Quote:
When you talk to Aaron Rodgers, those other guys do they have the same problem?

“I think the headset problem is universal across the NFL. I think every QB has dealt with it and you have problems. You’ve got to have a plan ready, a Plan B, what you’re going to do.”


Yep. Now our QB is making excuses for the entire league. Laughing

Now ask yourself... if Alex was really looking to make excuses for himself.. would he have mentioned that he felt this particular issue was universal? Alex has always been a pretty stand-up guy when it comes to accountability.

N4L doesn't need to "get over himself"... He's pretty much just asking you to "get over" your constant negativity of our QB. This forum more than ever needs the fans to stop being petty and divisive if it is to survive. That is pretty much where your unnecessary comment comes in. Would be great if fans could wipe the slate clean and just go into the year removed of all the past nonsense.
I still don't see other players mentioning it. He threw them out into the conversation but I've never heard it from them. That's the thing, their game is good enough to overcome it where they don't need to have a built in excuse for their bad play. The bolded part is for you because you brought this topic up and made its own thread. I wouldn't be saying anything about it if it wasn't in here. I don't need to get over anything. I support our team, doesn't mean I have to be in love with every player just like you don't like Goldson. We are all entitled to our opinions. I've been here awhile and will still keep posting my opinions just like you. Nobody here will make me stop posting my opinions. If I get out of line and break the rules then yeah I'll probably stop posting. I'm not breaking any rules though.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gridirongreat#9


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 7921
Location: Ask your mom!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I'm just tired of excuses from our QB on why he was bad before. He needs to just let it go on what happened in his past. Yeah, he got a raw deal and he played well last year with a real HC. Making excuses for him being bad and blaming everyone but himself when he was part of the problem too isn't going to help anything. How many times are we going to hear this stuff. It's always something with him and I'm tired of seeing it. I'm sorry I don't have blind faith in him just because he is a Niner. There are other guys who I dislike on this team too but I don't hear them making excuses for playing bad.


Guess you missed or conveniently overlooked when Alex also had this to say....

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/08/inside-the-49ers/alex-smith-discusses-a-j-jenkins-and-more/

Quote:
When you talk to Aaron Rodgers, those other guys do they have the same problem?

“I think the headset problem is universal across the NFL. I think every QB has dealt with it and you have problems. You’ve got to have a plan ready, a Plan B, what you’re going to do.”


Yep. Now our QB is making excuses for the entire league. Laughing

Now ask yourself... if Alex was really looking to make excuses for himself.. would he have mentioned that he felt this particular issue was universal? Alex has always been a pretty stand-up guy when it comes to accountability.

N4L doesn't need to "get over himself"... He's pretty much just asking you to "get over" your constant negativity of our QB. This forum more than ever needs the fans to stop being petty and divisive if it is to survive. That is pretty much where your unnecessary comment comes in. Would be great if fans could wipe the slate clean and just go into the year removed of all the past nonsense.
I still don't see other players mentioning it. He threw them out into the conversation but I've never heard it from them. That's the thing, their coaching staff is good enough to overcome it where they don't need to have a built in excuse for their bad play. The bolded part is for you because you brought this topic up and made its own thread. I wouldn't be saying anything about it if it wasn't in here. I don't need to get over anything. I support our team, doesn't mean I have to be in love with every player just like you don't like Goldson. We are all entitled to our opinions. I've been here awhile and will still keep posting my opinions just like you. Nobody here will make me stop posting my opinions. If I get out of line and break the rules then yeah I'll probably stop posting. I'm not breaking any rules though.




Fixed it for you. You are welcome.
_________________

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yfz01


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 8631
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoryH wrote:
This thread sucks. Not because of content, but because the title makes me sing that random sing in my head...


I was going to write out some lyrics, but writing them to another guy on a message board just doesn't work for me, in this case. Laughing
_________________


Lil Uno with the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group