Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Harris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkb77

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Brandon Harris Reply with quote

Hey guy I was big on Brandon Harris coming out of the draft thought you had a great 2nd round find, but saw a lot of reports how he couldn't get on the field last year and was thought to be too slow.

Was wondering how has he looked in camp? and do you guys think he'll see any playing time this year or could even be traded or released?

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Brandon Harris Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Hey guy I was big on Brandon Harris coming out of the draft thought you had a great 2nd round find, but saw a lot of reports how he couldn't get on the field last year and was thought to be too slow.

Was wondering how has he looked in camp? and do you guys think he'll see any playing time this year or could even be traded or released?

As of today, I've heard that since minicamp and OTAs he's been very impressive. This is great news, and I'm sure I'm not the only fan who'd like to think he has something to contribute to the team. I was very critical of the pick last year. I liked the idea of trading up for a corner but wasn't very impressed with Harris as a player.

But yes, he's look like a "totally different player," according to Gary Kubiak and DB Coach Vance Joseph.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Brandon Harris Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
bkb77 wrote:

As of today, I've heard that since minicamp and OTAs he's been very impressive. This is great news, and I'm sure I'm not the only fan who'd like to think he has something to contribute to the team. I was very critical of the pick last year. I liked the idea of trading up for a corner but wasn't very impressed with Harris as a player.

But yes, he's look like a "totally different player," according to Gary Kubiak and DB Coach Vance Joseph.

Yeah thats basically the talk of him so far this offseason. I sure hope he can get better and get playing time for us this season. It would help our pass defense. I still consider him a nickle cornerback at best, and he will have to fight for playing time with McManis, Ball (if he isn't playing safety) and Carmichael for playing time behind Joseph, Jackson and McCain.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks guys. I liked Harris a lot specially in the slot, I thought he's got a shot of being a great Nickel corner and work his way up into being an every down player on the outside.

Anyway thanks and best of luck this season(unless you play the eagles in the Super Bowl Very Happy )

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Ok thanks guys. I liked Harris a lot specially in the slot, I thought he's got a shot of being a great Nickel corner and work his way up into being an every down player on the outside.

Anyway thanks and best of luck this season(unless you play the eagles in the Super Bowl Very Happy )

I hope if we make the Super Bowl it's against the 9ers. I'm tired of people thinking they're the better team.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to an interview with Vance Joseph, our secondary coach, regarding Harris and KJ about 2 months ago on another site. Joseph stated in the interview that last year both players were to heavy and to slow. He stated that both were fine within 15 yds. of LOS but that their weight and lack of speed is what was holding both of them back from being much better down field. He said that both lost considerable weight in the off season and gained speed and that both had made significant improvements in their coverage ability. He was impressed with Harris, KJ, and McManis improvements as well. I loved the Harris pick in the 2nd last year and thought we got great value for him and really look forward to seeing what he can do in the next few years.
norg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

too short and too slow to be a cb thats what teh word is but who knows he might develop ... what about carmacol ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: