Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marvin extended through '14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Marvin extended through '14 Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afcnorth&id=51607

The Bengals have agreed to a contract extension with Head Coach Marvin Lewis that runs through 2014. Both Zimmer and Gruden have extensions through 2014 as well. Good move to keep things stable for a young team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this.

Can't say that Marvin is my favorite HC of all time, but i do agree that trying to keep him, Zim and Gruden through 2014 gives this team the best chance to succeed in the immediate future.

I also have to keep in mind that this team was poisoned through the years with bad characters that weren't really purged until after the 2010 season. So the 2011 was supposed to be the first year of the new squad. This will be the second year. The first was pretty good. Now in the second year i think everyone expects another playoff appearance and Marvin's first win the playoffs.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Can't say that Marvin is my favorite HC of all time, but i do agree that trying to keep him, Zim and Gruden through 2014 gives this team the best chance to succeed in the immediate future.

This...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with 'J' here also. Stability and continuity are real important for this young team right now.

Lets hope they can get a few extensions for a few key players worked out soon too.......
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever. Marv is our Tony Dungy. Maybe Jay Gruden will be our Jon Gruden. At least he isn't Dave Shula.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't think it was thread worthy, but it's about Marvin so I'll post it in here. Friends of ours won dinner with Marvin through his foundation, but he didn't show due to a scheduling conflict. So they got to have friends over at their house to meet Marvin and have a catered dinner. I was fortunate enough to go. Here's some things I picked up on from him

- Marvin Jones is really impressing him with his athleticism and willing to work. From the sounds of it, Jones will probably be a strong ST player this season with the ability to compete for WR time.

- He didn't have much to say about Still, another player I asked him about. He didn't really seem to speak about the defense at all, mainly about the offense. Sounds to me that he's left the defense to Zimmer, even though Marvin is a D guy.

- Andy Dalton was the man from the moment the 2011 draft started. He said obviously Newton was out of the question, but besides him and Locker he felt Dalton was the only QB with the ability to play as a rookie. He said he tried excessively to trade with NE to get Dalton in the 1st, but the trigger wasn't able to be pulled. He said that night he couldn't sleep because he was so afraid a team would jump us to #33 and take Dalton. He said Mallett was never even in consideration.

- When I asking asking Marvin about Marvin Jones, I mentioned his teamate at Cal Keenan Allen, to which Marvin replied "Did he get drafted this year?" This kind of suprised me, and leads me to think that Marvin really doesn't have the biggest hand in the draft, or at least as big as we thought. I went on to mention Robert Woods as well, another player Marvin was unfamilar with. The vibe I got was Marvin doesn't even consider looking at next year's draft selections until this year is over. That is a good sign to me, as I've heard a lot of coaches begin talent searching before the year even begins.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you didn't invite me? Arent the Hoosier bengal fans supposed to be closer than that? Laughing
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
And you didn't invite me? Arent the Hoosier bengal fans supposed to be closer than that? Laughing

I'm pretty sure I was the lone Hoosier there. lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:

That was my understanding too. I'm hurt

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: