Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Griffin is Awesome Thread - Offseason 2013 (Pg 5!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Franchise-Tag-Not-Stopping-Griffin-this-Offseason/e665f00b-09c7-419c-a24b-60a89de8019f

I know we've been ragging on the guy and throwing him under the bus and everything else, but man I love his attitude and approach all-together. I think a lot of these crybabies and prima donas around the league who are still under contract and holding out should take some notes from Griff on how to "really" be a professional. I believe he'll be there for TC as well. I really hope he gets back to his ProBowl form in this new defense.

"My job is to play football," Griffin said. "My agent and the organization whatever they got going on, that's up to them. Right now I know I'll be here for the year playing football. That's all that matters."

Great statement IMO.

EDIT: I killed the other thread and moved it here instead.

I'd be happy to be getting insanely overpaid too.

Happy? Hell, I'd be ecstatic. But there are players, overpaid or not, who are making insane money and still bitching like they're poor and struggling. The guys with no contract, I can understand them holding out to protect themselves. But the guys who are still under contract are the one's who really pisses me off when they pull that sh-t.

My point is, Griffin could act just like any of those guys by refusing to come to work and sit at home and pout. But instead, he's showing that he hasn't lost touch with the fact that he's a football player and getting paid big $$$ to do what he loves whether it's a long term, short term or franchise contract. And he's not looking over the fence into other guys' yards to see what they got, he's just handling his own business where he is. THAT'S how a real pro is supposed to handle it. He might prove me wrong down the road, but for the time being this is a prime example. Gotta love it.

s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Franchise-Tag-Not-Stopping-Griffin-this-Offseason/e665f00b-09c7-419c-a24b-60a89de8019f

I know we've been ragging on the guy and throwing him under the bus and everything else, but man I love his attitude and approach all-together. I think a lot of these crybabies and prima donas around the league who are still under contract and holding out should take some notes from Griff on how to "really" be a professional. I believe he'll be there for TC as well. I really hope he gets back to his ProBowl form in this new defense.

"My job is to play football," Griffin said. "My agent and the organization whatever they got going on, that's up to them. Right now I know I'll be here for the year playing football. That's all that matters."

Great statement IMO.

EDIT: I killed the other thread and moved it here instead.

I'd be happy to be getting insanely overpaid too.

Happy? Hell, I'd be ecstatic. But there are players, overpaid or not, who are making insane money and still bitching like they're poor and struggling. The guys with no contract, I can understand them holding out to protect themselves. But the guys who are still under contract are the one's who really pisses me off when they pull that sh-t.

My point is, Griffin could act just like any of those guys by refusing to come to work and sit at home and pout. But instead, he's showing that he hasn't lost touch with the fact that he's a football player and getting paid big $$$ to do what he loves whether it's a long term, short term or franchise contract. And he's not looking over the fence into other guys' yards to see what they got, he's just handling his own business where he is. THAT'S how a real pro is supposed to handle it. He might prove me wrong down the road, but for the time being this is a prime example. Gotta love it.

Could he? I'm not sure his recent resume warrants that kind of behavior. Hell CJ's 2009 and 2010 barely warranted his behavior, and of course in many people's minds it was unwarranted. Imagine if Griff tried the same crap. No way. He hasn't been at a hold out level in quite some time. I think Griffin is doing the only thing he can do right now - show up, work hard, and hope things are better this year.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Could he? I'm not sure his recent resume warrants that kind of behavior. Hell CJ's 2009 and 2010 barely warranted his behavior, and of course in many people's minds it was unwarranted. Imagine if Griff tried the same crap. No way. He hasn't been at a hold out level in quite some time. I think Griffin is doing the only thing he can do right now - show up, work hard, and hope things are better this year.

I was speaking more on the lines of him protesting against being franchised in favor of being released to take to the open market like a lot of players prefer. Granted his play fell from the elite level for whatever reason, but I have no doubt that a number of teams would've still taken a flyer on him with a reasonable contract.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

I was speaking more on the lines of him protesting against being franchised in favor of being released to take to the open market like a lot of players prefer. Granted his play fell from the elite level for whatever reason, but I have no doubt that a number of teams would've still taken a flyer on him with a reasonable contract.

I think the franchise tag is a raw deal for the players and actually don't mind them protesting it. If your contract is up, you should be a FA. What did the NFLPA get in return for agreeing to the franchise tag arrangement? I can't recall.

For whatever reason he's there, I agree it's nice to not hear whining. Seems like everybody whines about stuff in the NFL these days. I will give Griffin that, even if I do think it's his only option. At least he's smart enough to see it. A lot of guys aren't bright enough to assess their own situation.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Griffin is having a pretty solid training camp. Gearing up for another Pro Bowl season in 2012, no doubt.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Griffin is having a pretty solid training camp. Gearing up for another Pro Bowl season in 2012, no doubt.

Yeah i hope he don't suck this year Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruskie what would you do if Griff cut his dreads off? Say with a machete

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:

He would take Titania down....scorched earth style

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
Stone32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to laugh so hard at you if he actually does end up having a good season
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone32 wrote:
I am going to laugh so hard at you if he actually does end up having a good season

Why? He has the talent to be a premier safety in the league. I fully expect him to turn it on this season.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:

No comment.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random comment:

last week on local radio, Griff and someoen else I forget who were joking about the "Turner Trucking." Griff was saying something about he was trying to go high and something about trying to stop the 1st down. He was pretty open about and laughign about it.

Said something about looking it up on Youtube. "33 on 33."
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Random comment:

last week on local radio, Griff and someoen else I forget who were joking about the "Turner Trucking." Griff was saying something about he was trying to go high and something about trying to stop the 1st down. He was pretty open about and laughign about it.

Said something about looking it up on Youtube. "33 on 33."

http://youtu.be/fsvRIjGUfZg

Too soon?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange enough this thread has restored my hope in griff I'm thinking he's going to have a good season.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is one of my favoite Titans and I hope he can have a pro bowl year again, also got his autograph the other day! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: