Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Griffin is Awesome Thread - Offseason 2013 (Pg 5!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1640
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Franchise-Tag-Not-Stopping-Griffin-this-Offseason/e665f00b-09c7-419c-a24b-60a89de8019f

I know we've been ragging on the guy and throwing him under the bus and everything else, but man I love his attitude and approach all-together. I think a lot of these crybabies and prima donas around the league who are still under contract and holding out should take some notes from Griff on how to "really" be a professional. I believe he'll be there for TC as well. I really hope he gets back to his ProBowl form in this new defense.

"My job is to play football," Griffin said. "My agent and the organization whatever they got going on, that's up to them. Right now I know I'll be here for the year playing football. That's all that matters."

Great statement IMO.

EDIT: I killed the other thread and moved it here instead.


I'd be happy to be getting insanely overpaid too.


Happy? Hell, I'd be ecstatic. But there are players, overpaid or not, who are making insane money and still bitching like they're poor and struggling. The guys with no contract, I can understand them holding out to protect themselves. But the guys who are still under contract are the one's who really pisses me off when they pull that sh-t.

My point is, Griffin could act just like any of those guys by refusing to come to work and sit at home and pout. But instead, he's showing that he hasn't lost touch with the fact that he's a football player and getting paid big $$$ to do what he loves whether it's a long term, short term or franchise contract. And he's not looking over the fence into other guys' yards to see what they got, he's just handling his own business where he is. THAT'S how a real pro is supposed to handle it. He might prove me wrong down the road, but for the time being this is a prime example. Gotta love it.

_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2734
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Franchise-Tag-Not-Stopping-Griffin-this-Offseason/e665f00b-09c7-419c-a24b-60a89de8019f

I know we've been ragging on the guy and throwing him under the bus and everything else, but man I love his attitude and approach all-together. I think a lot of these crybabies and prima donas around the league who are still under contract and holding out should take some notes from Griff on how to "really" be a professional. I believe he'll be there for TC as well. I really hope he gets back to his ProBowl form in this new defense.

"My job is to play football," Griffin said. "My agent and the organization whatever they got going on, that's up to them. Right now I know I'll be here for the year playing football. That's all that matters."

Great statement IMO.

EDIT: I killed the other thread and moved it here instead.


I'd be happy to be getting insanely overpaid too.


Happy? Hell, I'd be ecstatic. But there are players, overpaid or not, who are making insane money and still bitching like they're poor and struggling. The guys with no contract, I can understand them holding out to protect themselves. But the guys who are still under contract are the one's who really pisses me off when they pull that sh-t.

My point is, Griffin could act just like any of those guys by refusing to come to work and sit at home and pout. But instead, he's showing that he hasn't lost touch with the fact that he's a football player and getting paid big $$$ to do what he loves whether it's a long term, short term or franchise contract. And he's not looking over the fence into other guys' yards to see what they got, he's just handling his own business where he is. THAT'S how a real pro is supposed to handle it. He might prove me wrong down the road, but for the time being this is a prime example. Gotta love it.


Could he? I'm not sure his recent resume warrants that kind of behavior. Hell CJ's 2009 and 2010 barely warranted his behavior, and of course in many people's minds it was unwarranted. Imagine if Griff tried the same crap. No way. He hasn't been at a hold out level in quite some time. I think Griffin is doing the only thing he can do right now - show up, work hard, and hope things are better this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1640
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

My point is, Griffin could act just like any of those guys by refusing to come to work and sit at home and pout. But instead, he's showing that he hasn't lost touch with the fact that he's a football player and getting paid big $$$ to do what he loves whether it's a long term, short term or franchise contract. And he's not looking over the fence into other guys' yards to see what they got, he's just handling his own business where he is. THAT'S how a real pro is supposed to handle it. He might prove me wrong down the road, but for the time being this is a prime example. Gotta love it.


Could he? I'm not sure his recent resume warrants that kind of behavior. Hell CJ's 2009 and 2010 barely warranted his behavior, and of course in many people's minds it was unwarranted. Imagine if Griff tried the same crap. No way. He hasn't been at a hold out level in quite some time. I think Griffin is doing the only thing he can do right now - show up, work hard, and hope things are better this year.


I was speaking more on the lines of him protesting against being franchised in favor of being released to take to the open market like a lot of players prefer. Granted his play fell from the elite level for whatever reason, but I have no doubt that a number of teams would've still taken a flyer on him with a reasonable contract.
_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2734
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

My point is, Griffin could act just like any of those guys by refusing to come to work and sit at home and pout. But instead, he's showing that he hasn't lost touch with the fact that he's a football player and getting paid big $$$ to do what he loves whether it's a long term, short term or franchise contract. And he's not looking over the fence into other guys' yards to see what they got, he's just handling his own business where he is. THAT'S how a real pro is supposed to handle it. He might prove me wrong down the road, but for the time being this is a prime example. Gotta love it.


Could he? I'm not sure his recent resume warrants that kind of behavior. Hell CJ's 2009 and 2010 barely warranted his behavior, and of course in many people's minds it was unwarranted. Imagine if Griff tried the same crap. No way. He hasn't been at a hold out level in quite some time. I think Griffin is doing the only thing he can do right now - show up, work hard, and hope things are better this year.


I was speaking more on the lines of him protesting against being franchised in favor of being released to take to the open market like a lot of players prefer. Granted his play fell from the elite level for whatever reason, but I have no doubt that a number of teams would've still taken a flyer on him with a reasonable contract.


I think the franchise tag is a raw deal for the players and actually don't mind them protesting it. If your contract is up, you should be a FA. What did the NFLPA get in return for agreeing to the franchise tag arrangement? I can't recall.

For whatever reason he's there, I agree it's nice to not hear whining. Seems like everybody whines about stuff in the NFL these days. I will give Griffin that, even if I do think it's his only option. At least he's smart enough to see it. A lot of guys aren't bright enough to assess their own situation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37132
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Griffin is having a pretty solid training camp. Gearing up for another Pro Bowl season in 2012, no doubt.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:


WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Griffin is having a pretty solid training camp. Gearing up for another Pro Bowl season in 2012, no doubt.


Yeah i hope he don't suck this year Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MdTitansFan56


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 1094
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruskie what would you do if Griff cut his dreads off? Say with a machete
_________________

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 6826
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Ruskie what would you do if Griff cut his dreads off? Say with a machete


He would take Titania down....scorched earth style
_________________


Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stone32


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 2526
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to laugh so hard at you if he actually does end up having a good season
_________________
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37132
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone32 wrote:
I am going to laugh so hard at you if he actually does end up having a good season


Why? He has the talent to be a premier safety in the league. I fully expect him to turn it on this season.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37132
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Ruskie what would you do if Griff cut his dreads off? Say with a machete


No comment.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10268
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random comment:

last week on local radio, Griff and someoen else I forget who were joking about the "Turner Trucking." Griff was saying something about he was trying to go high and something about trying to stop the 1st down. He was pretty open about and laughign about it.

Said something about looking it up on Youtube. "33 on 33."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TT4Life7


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Random comment:

last week on local radio, Griff and someoen else I forget who were joking about the "Turner Trucking." Griff was saying something about he was trying to go high and something about trying to stop the 1st down. He was pretty open about and laughign about it.

Said something about looking it up on Youtube. "33 on 33."


http://youtu.be/fsvRIjGUfZg

Too soon?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EddieGeorge27


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 5063
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange enough this thread has restored my hope in griff I'm thinking he's going to have a good season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is one of my favoite Titans and I hope he can have a pro bowl year again, also got his autograph the other day! Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group