Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Military II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
gahhh.. i leave for basic on sept 11th..

im really excited

however i broke my jaw playing volleyball at the beach the other week.. evalation said i will be fine and healed before i leave..

only problem is i cannot exercise to the extent that i would like to prepare myself for basic..

i am not in tip top physical shape to begin with.. im not out of shape.. just not where i feel comfortable walking into basic. i am more then ready mentally..

do you think this could damper my performance at basic?

any advice on basic rather then the general google search would be appreciated as well..

thanks in advance i am really looking forward to serving a purpose for my country.

depends... what branch???

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my SECFO Beret. Cool
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Last edited by Russell2Bailey on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Just received my CCT Beret. Cool

You French? Wink
billzz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
billzz wrote:
gahhh.. i leave for basic on sept 11th..

im really excited

however i broke my jaw playing volleyball at the beach the other week.. evalation said i will be fine and healed before i leave..

only problem is i cannot exercise to the extent that i would like to prepare myself for basic..

i am not in tip top physical shape to begin with.. im not out of shape.. just not where i feel comfortable walking into basic. i am more then ready mentally..

do you think this could damper my performance at basic?

any advice on basic rather then the general google search would be appreciated as well..

thanks in advance i am really looking forward to serving a purpose for my country.

depends... what branch???

11x infantry for the army

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billzz, What service are you joining?

As for some general Basic Training tips,
-Be where your supposed to be, be on time and be in the right (and clean) uniform.

-Be invisible, don't stick out from the crowd. Unless its for good things of course, how ever be prepared for them to challenge and push you harder then everyone else if you constantly stick out for being good at things(ie. PT, Weapons Qual, Inspections, ect).

-Enjoy it, sure it sucks but if you don't try to enjoy it a little your going to be sucking for the whole time. But don't show that you enjoy it, otherwise the Drill Sergeants are going to think its a joke to you and you don't want that Wink

-Look out for your battle buddies. When one person mess' up, you all mess up so if you don't police up the slackers you will all pay the price for their actions or lack there of. If you don't work as a team its going to be a long 10 weeks.

Also, thank you for your service.

Jamison. on the sig
billzz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
billzz, What service are you joining?

As for some general Basic Training tips,
-Be where your supposed to be, be on time and be in the right (and clean) uniform.

-Be invisible, don't stick out from the crowd. Unless its for good things of course, how ever be prepared for them to challenge and push you harder then everyone else if you constantly stick out for being good at things(ie. PT, Weapons Qual, Inspections, ect).

-Enjoy it, sure it sucks but if you don't try to enjoy it a little your going to be sucking for the whole time. But don't show that you enjoy it, otherwise the Drill Sergeants are going to think its a joke to you and you don't want that Wink

-Look out for your battle buddies. When one person mess' up, you all mess up so if you don't police up the slackers you will all pay the price for their actions or lack there of. If you don't work as a team its going to be a long 10 weeks.

Also, thank you for your service.

army

thanks so much for responding..

as of right now my mos is 11x.. my recruiter refers to me as a "special forces baby" i dont know exactly how true that is..

i joined for the opportunity of a better life.. and to not be consistently financially strapped to the point i cant enjoy anything like the people im around most of the time..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'm not sure what 11X entails, I do know that my recruiter tried to get me to go into it when he found out all the maintenance jobs were filled. He got as far as saying "hardcore infantry" before I cut him off and told him I wasn't interested in combat arms.

Also no matter the reason for you joining it doesn't take anything away from it. Your still willing to join during a time of war, knowing you will be deploying. You will find that most people join for the very reason you are or to pay for schooling.

Jamison. on the sig
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Just received my SF Beret. Cool

You French? Wink
Typo. Security Forces Beret. Smile
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Last edited by Russell2Bailey on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kal-El

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna do it.

Enlist, thinking of Navy.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
I'm gonna do it.

I decided against the Navy because you have to have your last name stitched on the butt of all your pants.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
I'm gonna do it.

I decided against the Navy because you have to have your last name stitched on the butt of all your pants.

lol, for real? Or does that mean something else which went over my head?
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
I'm gonna do it.

lol, for real? Or does that mean something else which went over my head?

No it's for real. It's in case you go overboard in the ocean. It helps to identify you.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Do any of you military folk brag about being military in civilian life? If so... I hate you.

I'm partners at work with a guy that's in the Guard, and he brags to everybody about it. I can't stand him!!! He was the type to get bullied in high school, so he feels like he has to let everybody know that he is military. He never lets it go. Would it be wrong of me to just punch him in the temple?

He's guard. 9 times out of 10 they don't know their job and they hide behind their rank when real work needs to be done. Don't be impressed by it. We laughed at those guys when I was active duty.

Truth. The national guard is comic relief in the eyes of pretty much any active duty. I was waiting on a flight line once and a NG unit was waiting as well and one NCO was wearing his kevlar backwards and had no idea. We were all just like... really.

So yeah, LionsFTW, take it with a grain of salt. He knows as much about the military as a military wife. And is just as annoying.

CK on the sig
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I don't get January OCS for the USMC, I think Im gonna change course and look at Army ROTC to pay for grad school. I should be a strong candidate if I apply. Plus I could pretty much pick what school Id want to go to...
Cat_Fish_Billy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my letter back from the Navy and said i cant join cause of my huge loss of hearing.. Bummed i was looking forward to it so much.. my dads dad n his dad ect. I really wanted to join. Sigh o well life goes on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: