Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Starting WR tandem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphins82

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, this makes me sad.

Either way I think we have enough weapons to make our passing game decent. It just depends on the QB play. I'm assuming Moore is gonna start, but I'm hoping Tannehill comes along pretty quick. I know people are talking about slowing him into it......but man, I'm sad and eager...so I kinda want to see him thrown in there. I guess the turtle wins the race though right?

I don't know why Garrad would get any PT....there's ZERO there. He's not gonna be here going forward. He's not some player with untapped potential. All he's doing is taking reps away from Tannehill.

I liked Garrad in Jacksonville....he had a good decent situation up there...he's good off of the run game. But that's it.

[]_[] Family
Not 1, not 2, not 3...........it's not a joke, it's a threat
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless who lines up, I am going to call it, Reggie Bush will have more catches and yards then most of the WR's regardless of who starts, short of maybe Chad and Bees.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Clyde Gates? He is the guy I am most curious about coming out of camp. If we are running the offense like what Green Bay did Gates could be an affective piece to this WR puzzle. He has blazing speed and could blow the top off a defense. Green Bay used a lot of play aftion boot leg to draw safeties up and then hit a long ball. I know Matt Moore isnt the strongest arm in the NFL but Gates could thrive in a long ball offense. I may get killed for this on this thread but I feel like Gates has talents that give him the potential to be as productive as a DeShaun Jackson or a Mike Wallace (Granted Roethlisberger and Vick has much stronger arms than Moore). I'd love to see him crack this line up an use his speed as a weapon outside of special teams. Does anyone know why his name hasn't seemed to have come up? Is he practicing poorly? Because I really think he could burst on to the scene. Thoughts??
-SDF13

^Props to Waldo
"So the last shall be first, and first shall be last." Matthew 20:16
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperDolfan13 wrote:
What about Clyde Gates? He is the guy I am most curious about coming out of camp. If we are running the offense like what Green Bay did Gates could be an affective piece to this WR puzzle. He has blazing speed and could blow the top off a defense. Green Bay used a lot of play aftion boot leg to draw safeties up and then hit a long ball. I know Matt Moore isnt the strongest arm in the NFL but Gates could thrive in a long ball offense. I may get killed for this on this thread but I feel like Gates has talents that give him the potential to be as productive as a DeShaun Jackson or a Mike Wallace (Granted Roethlisberger and Vick has much stronger arms than Moore). I'd love to see him crack this line up an use his speed as a weapon outside of special teams. Does anyone know why his name hasn't seemed to have come up? Is he practicing poorly? Because I really think he could burst on to the scene. Thoughts??
-SDF13

Id guess most of us were hoping he'd step up, but early reports from camp and OTA's were not impressive when it came to Gates. With Lamar Miller possibly picking up return duties, Omar Kelly indicated that Gates may have trouble making the team.
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as concerned as some of you might be.

Not when I see Fasano - Clay - Egnew & Reggie Bush knowing damn well what that means to the West Coast Off.

Not when I know this is Philbins rookie yr.

Not when I know the implementation of the new Off is a competition between Garrard & Moore.

And certainly not when I know what pks 1 - 2 & 3 in next yrs draft will be.

I refuse to set the table for disappointment for this new regime & the leg work we put into the "Unknowns" regarding WR this yr is going to be very valuable scouting info come the next draft.

Matter of fact, I love it that were building this thing right & getting away from this "Win Now" that frankly has
only yielded 1 good season in the past 10 - 12 yrs. (Pennington)

It's the reverse from Sporano having too many stones to turn over & a new OL every 2 wks.

my opinion

sug
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Matter of fact, I love it that were building this thing right & getting away from this "Win Now" that frankly has
Indeed.

I 100% concur and want to avoid the "quick fix" at all costs. We are not in a serious position to make a playoff run, so let's just relax and see who develops. Then next draft we'll know what to address. My guess for our picks in 2013 are WR and RG. Who knows what we'll do on defense?
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
SUG wrote:
Indeed.

I 100% concur and want to avoid the "quick fix" at all costs. We are not in a serious position to make a playoff run, so let's just relax and see who develops. Then next draft we'll know what to address. My guess for our picks in 2013 are WR and RG. Who knows what we'll do on defense?

If Philibin follows suit with what's been successful in GB ...

I see it something like OLB - OT - WR - WR.

Those guys haven't drafted a WR in the first rnd in EONS till Jordy Nelson & I think that franchise has
proven excellence in scouting & acquiring WR talent.

That's another reason I'm OK with the status quo in Mia this yr.
Remember we are LOADED at RB as I've pointed out before.
I am not expecting 3000 passing yds whatsoever.

The Trifecta has stunted the potential growth for this Off with their archaic philosophy, it will take time to build this thing correctly to resemble a modern day NFL Off.

I am much more optimistic from what I know about Philbin & what I see as of today in Mia.

sug
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first.. I think our TE's will have more catches then in years past... I think Bush will have 50+ and Miller *if healthy will get 30+

Now the WR we got from Car. Nesse.. 6 seasons in NFL.. played with a couple good QBs... but has only 106 catches.. 1,213 yrds.. AVG 11.3 YPC.. 4 tds.. longest 59 yrds..
The scrub nobody thinks can be a #1 or #2 receiver.. 4 seasons.. not good QB play.... 109 catches.. 1,670 yrds.. AVG 15.3 YPC.. 5 tds.. longest 67 yrds... wonder what he could do in a stable offense with a good QB ????
Judson49

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
I'm not as concerned as some of you might be.

Not when I see Fasano - Clay - Egnew & Reggie Bush knowing damn well what that means to the West Coast Off.

Not when I know this is Philbins rookie yr.

Not when I know the implementation of the new Off is a competition between Garrard & Moore.

And certainly not when I know what pks 1 - 2 & 3 in next yrs draft will be.

I refuse to set the table for disappointment for this new regime & the leg work we put into the "Unknowns" regarding WR this yr is going to be very valuable scouting info come the next draft.

It's the reverse from Sporano having too many stones to turn over & a new OL every 2 wks.

my opinion

sug

I'm not concerned either, I have no expectation beyond a 5 win season. Nor do I expect much improvement in 2013-14 season.

My Dolphins cup is truly half empty, if it ever reaches even that level any more!

I'm happy to give Philbin all the room he needs to fix it. My only real issue is the fact that Ireland is in there doing it with him. As, whilst I get that Miami is full on rebuild mode, this guy has been GM'g the franchise for what 5(?) years and right now we dont have a real clue who the starting QB & WR's will be. Not to mention the likelihood that we've already spent the careers of Jake Long & Cameron Wake, as we wont be relevant for couple more years yet.

I'll be watching with my enthusiasm ramped right down, hoping that things turn out alright.

I certainly find all this media fascination with a 34 year old WR who used to be good rather dull and uninspiring.

Right, I'm off to swallow fistful's of prozac.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of quick thoughts, I think Egnew will be a focal point in the offense, maybe not right away but I think thats exactly what Philbin was looking for in his offense. The Packers haven't taken any of their WR's in the 1st, Jennings (2nd), Nelson (2nd), Cobb (2nd), Jones (3rd) so when I see Robert Woods getting mocked to you guys in every mock on the planet, I am skeptical you guys go WR.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this might seem ridiculous, but Chad Johnson is a HUGE Dolphins fan. I believe he maybe training harder then he has in a long time to represent his team and home city. I have seen him at training camp and he is playing as if his life depended on it. I hope he has a great year, but the fact we might start CJ and Naanee scares the crap out of me in regards to the remaining WR talent we have.

Will we ever address the Guard position?

ADOPT-A-PHIN:

#30 Chris Clemons, SS, Miami Dolphins, 2013 Stats

49 TACKLES | 23 ASSISTS | 1 INT | 7 PASSES DEFENDED | 4 STUFF YARDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: